Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

36 and 2.   Steph Curry just had his first negative plus-minus game of the entire season.  

what is this I don't even...  This is absurd.  This is a dream

but the goddamn Spurs won't go away and look scarier than ever

If the Warriors break the all time regular season win record and then lose in the Western Conference finals, the line to jump off the Golden Gate Bridge will be several blocks long

Spurs do look scary, they are having a lot of success slowing teams down and beating them with higher scoring efficiency.  Can they slow down the Warriors?  If they do, can they score more efficiently than a Warriors team that has an army of talented ball handlers and passers?  It will be fun to find out.  Finals look like a three team contest Warriors, Spurs, and Cavs in that order. 

36 and 2. Steph Curry just had his first negative plus-minus game of the entire season.

what is this I don't even... This is absurd. This is a dream

but the goddamn Spurs won't go away and look scarier than ever

If the Warriors break the all time regular season win record and then lose in the Western Conference finals, the line to jump off the Golden Gate Bridge will be several blocks long

I hope it happens. Goddamn Warriors

All they needed was KLove to be healthy...

https://vine.co/v/iOLFbZHA60V

Trading for Kevin Love was a mistake.  The more time passes the more it becomes clear.  Wiggins defense and athleticism would be a big help to the Cavs right now.  Especially knowing they are going to be playing the Spurs or the Warriors in the finals.  Which forward can Love guard on either of those teams and not get clowned?  If he is forced to switch or help against Parker or Curry he doesn't have the speed to do anything but end up out of position. 

• Like 1

In hindsight is was the wrong move but I think it was a move they had to make at the time.

Love was a proven known quantity. Wiggins a complete unknown.

Also, If they had waited and Wiggins disappointed as the season started, they could have lost their bargaining power in the trade or been forced to give up more.

I think it was the right move to make but it is blowing up in their face right now

Trading for Kevin Love was a mistake.  The more time passes the more it becomes clear.  Wiggins defense and athleticism would be a big help to the Cavs right now.  Especially knowing they are going to be playing the Spurs or the Warriors in the finals.  Which forward can Love guard on either of those teams and not get clowned?  If he is forced to switch or help against Parker or Curry he doesn't have the speed to do anything but end up out of position. 

It wasn't hard to see that the league was becoming more of perimeter/up tempo game and in that sense a guy that can play perimeter/transition defense might be more valuable than Love.

I'm pretty sure I said in the NBA thread at the time.

What, why is the Kevin Love trade the wrong move now? They got him to sign a long term extension and he is a big part of what they do and is key to securing their long term future as a contender. He's a great shooting PF to play with LeBron today, and he and Kyrie give the Cavs an All Star caliber inside-outside combination for when LeBron declines.

If they didn't have Kyrie Irving, then I would say Wiggins would have been better for them for the post LeBron era because he's a perimeter shot creator. But you'd rather have Love than Wiggins both to pair with LeBron today, and Irving tomorrow.

He obviously isn't a great defensive player, but he's not a bad one. He's actually got a 99 DRtg, which tells you that, at a minimum, he isn't hurting their team defense at all.

And Cleveland's record when Love, LeBron, and Irving are healthy speaks for itself. This is an elite team that's a shoe in for the finals and is one of three real contenders to win it all.