Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Pretty shocking move. Dude got them to the finals in his first year and has them atop the east again this year. Hes a decent coach. Definitely getting a raw deal here. Im with Warhead; I'd take Blatt over EG/Witt any day of the week.

So does the Josh Smith signing mean Montiejunas is done in Houston? What happened to him? He's a 7 footer who can hit the three. Is it his defense or consistency?

I don't really like the NBA and rarely watch but I was very surprised to see three playoff teams last year that were not in the conversation this year. 

New Orleans was good with Anthony Davis last year. Then they got swept and fired their coach. Somehow they're not playing well this year. I don't understand. 

Portland is perennially good and has a young star in Lillard. They are not playoff team right now. I don't understand 

Milwaukee is a decent team with Jason Kidd doing a good job last year. They are not playoff team right now I don't understand 

Sucks for Blatt. I do think he's a good coach Xs and Os wise but was never really empowered to run the team in Cleveland. I think he'll be a fine coach somewhere else. In fact if I'm the Wiz I fire Grunfeld and hire Blatt at season's end.

Why can't John Wall do it? All the power's in the player's hands now in this league, just have Wall fire Wittman 

Portland is perennially good and has a young star in Lillard. They are not playoff team right now. I don't understand 

Milwaukee is a decent team with Jason Kidd doing a good job last year. They are not playoff team right now I don't understand

Portland lost a star in Lamarcus Aldridge (went to the Spurs) and best shooter Wesley Matthews (Mavs).

Milwaukee replaced Brandon Knight with Carter Williams, hasn't worked. They have talent but no shooting so their team is just a bad mix. Jason Kidd still has a lot to prove.

Lowry getting in ahead of Wall isn't terrible and it's not the least bit surprising.  He is having a better year and plays for a better team.  Plus, he got a boost in all star voting from loyal Canadians Bieber and Drake.  Wall on the other hand is on a team below .500 team and who is out there hustling up votes for him?  Wale.  lol  case closed. 

Bay Area crack that good?

Zach Lowe is my favorite NBA writer.  Here's Zach Lowe's picks for who should be the starters for the all star game:  Lowry and Jimmy Butler, with Wall as a reserve.  

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14598808/who-deserves-represent-their-conference-nba-all-star-game

Here's an article where 10 SBNation writers posted their picks for who should be the NBA starters.   Every single one picked Lowry and Jimmy Butler, with Wall as a reserve.  

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/1/21/10790452/nba-all-star-game-2016-picks-predictions

Sports Illustrated picked Lowry and Butler, with Wall as a reserve

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/01/20/nba-all-star-starters-stephen-curry-lebron-james-kevin-durant-toronto

Dime magazine picked Lowry and Butler, with Wall as a reserve

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/our-eastern-conference-all-star-roster-will-make-you-realize-how-silly-fan-voting-is/

4 out of 5 CBS sports writers picked Lowry and Butler - one picked Wall and Butler

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25455218/nba-expert-all-star-picks-forget-fan-vote-heres-how-lineups-should-look

As far as I can tell, everyone must be smoking crack.  Well, everyone except for Wizards fans and one out of 18 NBA writers.   :)

Edited by Predicto

Lowry is having a better season and his team definitely is, but he's not better than Wall. Wall ate his lunch in the playoffs last year and put to bed any doubt about who was better. It was a punking.

I think that Lowry is a better fit in Toronto than Wall would be, but if you swapped them, Toronto would still be a top three team in the conference. But we'd be a dumpster fire if we had Lowry at PG instead of Wall. We absolutely depend on a PG with as expansive a game as Wall just to tread water as a .500 team.

Why can't John Wall do it? All the power's in the player's hands now in this league, just have Wall fire Wittman 

Because even if that's the "in thing", its not the "right thing".  I'm my head, this is bad look for Lebron and becomes a part of his career history pattern now.  He'll never get what he says he wants (more rings) because he seems he wants to play for yes-men HCs.  Fine you didn't get along with Blatt, but Tyronn F'n Lue? Multi-Year contract?

Edit: Also, whoever said Luke Walton should go to LA, I like your style.  It's getting kinda boring watching the Lakers suck like this, doesn't feel right.

Edited by Renegade7

Anyone catch this #WOJBOMB last night?

How David Blatt never stood a chance with LeBron James and his camp

Lebron is one of my favorite players ever, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't enjoying the sabotage job that's going on in Cleveland.  Him and Dan Gilbert are perfect for one another.  On top of it all, all the conflicts of interest between James, Paul, and Klutch is just a perfect storm of ego and EXACTLY why they (Cavs) won't win ****. 

• Like 1

Man, is Steph Curry the greatest shooter of all time?

This question from die hard Celtics fan and Bird fan.

Without question.  I would go back and forth on this a few years back, because I just needed to see more from Curry, but he's unreal.  I'm not willing to say he's a top-5/10 PG all time (yet), but as far as shooting...he's the best ever.  Mid-range, 3 ball, FTs....

Anyone catch this #WOJBOMB last night?

How David Blatt never stood a chance with LeBron James and his camp

Lebron is one of my favorite players ever, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't enjoying the sabotage job that's going on in Cleveland.  Him and Dan Gilbert are perfect for one another.  On top of it all, all the conflicts of interest between James, Paul, and Klutch is just a perfect storm of ego and EXACTLY why they (Cavs) won't win ****. 

Wow.  If you haven't read that, click the link.  Normally I'd write most of that off as conspiracy theory nonsense but with Woj's name on it, it's harder to just dismiss. 

If you are the Cleveland franchise and Gilbert you pretty much just have to suck it up and take it.

You sold your soul to the devil to get The King back for your business, city and fans.

Just deal with it. Even if he never wins a title he will come closer than any other sad sack Cleveland sports team has in decades

Lebron cares more about his brand than winning.

I don't think that's accurate. I just believe that he thinks he knows how to win, coach and build a team better than others.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

The whole Rich Paul/Klutch relationship with Lebron is screwy to begin with.  What other franchise would allow this to go on?  A current player who's best friend represents players on the team?  Lebron was sending not-so subliminal shots to Dan Gilbert this summer during the Tristan Thompson negotiations.  Just not cool at all.  Yea...Thompson got his $, and is one of the more grossly overpaid players in the league, but the ball (no pun) was in Lebron's court as he could say/do whatever he wanted b/c he knew Gilbert would cave. 

The Cavs are a complete mess.