Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Nick Young, a man known far and wide as the consummate professional, played a game in Yeezys.  Those of you in Reeboks wondering if I just made up a word, look at his feet below and note that those are not basketball shoes. 

I see those Yeezy's and raise you:

Gil rockin' some D&G's LOLOLOLOL

Gilbert-Arenas-DG-Velcro-Strap-Patent-Hi

Also...

NBA referee Bill Kennedy reveals he is gay; Rajon Rondo alleged to have made slur to him

Rondo got off REAAAAALLY light....

Damn. Ugly moment for Rondo, but when you look at the recent precedents, a one game suspension sounds about right. Maybe a two game suspension since the other element of his offense was that he stalked Kennedy around the court instead of leaving it. Kobe and Noah only got fines for shouting the f word. The taboo f word.

Rondo should apologize to Bill Kennedy.

Was watching ESPN and they were talking about how bad Derrick Rose is, I heard the line "Chicago is pretending he's still a super star" and I had to look up his numbers and... well, I didn't realize he was having such a bad year so far.  9.8 PER.  He's averaging more shots (14.9) than points (13.2).  He's in the Kobe neighborhood of guard stats this season.  

I suspect the muted response so far is, at least in part, because no one at all is surprised Rondo said that.  The sky is blue, water is wet, and Rondo is a jerk. 

I think the muted response is because the NBA learned what happened, stepped up and did something right away.

These things usually get all heated when the league (or team or company or whatever) ignore a problem until after the protests start, or drag out dealing with it for too long.   

He's taking a back seat to more than just Harden. Bigs that can play have traditionally reacted badly to not getting the ball and Howard is 5th in field goals attempted on his own team.  5th!  Howard is probably thinking that while he's out there working and not getting the ball, this joker is jogging taking every damn bad shot he wants.  If the team is winning, that's one thing, but when the team is losing and the star player is showing zero hustle, those other egos start acting up.   

• Like 3