Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

They were $50.  Now they are $59+

Not even. The most expensive game was Zelda with the gold color. (built in memory).

Around 50 or so not even close to 80.

Hell, there are not even 80 buck games now.

We are not that far apart in age man...games were around 30 bucks tops when the home systems became a part of gaming.

I had all of the systems...really, all of them.

Edited by Kosher Ham

Not even. The most expensive game was Zelda with the gold color. (built in memory).

Around 50 or so not even close to 80.

Hell, there are not even 80 buck games now.

We are not that far apart in age man...games were around 30 bucks tops when the home systems became a part of gaming.

I had all of the systems...really, all of them.

Not all games were $50 back then, but a ton were.  Talking release date, raw retail.  I remember pre-ordering MK2 and it was $50 at the time.  

And some games today are definitely $80 or more, typically ones that release with bonus perks (extra content, etc.)  and when you add on the cost of extra download content (new map packs, missions, stories, etc.) it's well over $100 when all said and done.  

I found this IGN article that talked about the cost of games and consoles back in day compared to what they would cost now:  http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/the-real-cost-of-gaming-inflation-time-and-purchasing-power

The article focus' mainly on the console prices (what they would cost now) and briefly touches on what games cost back then.

There are some outrageous prices now on some things.  Again, not all games cost $59+ at release (now), but a lot of them do.  These just came out:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-siege-gold-edition-playstation-4/8248128.p?id=1219689902337&skuId=8248128

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/just-cause-3-day-one-edition-playstation-4/1454123.p?id=1219498402414&skuId=1454123

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/fallout-4-playstation-4/6786201.p?id=1219240231567&skuId=6786201

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/just-cause-3-collectors-edition-playstation-4/4291100.p?id=bb4291100&skuId=4291100

And not talking when they are on sale, black Friday deals, etc.  Straight retail price on release date.  There are some that are cheaper, in the $39-49 range at release, but the majority of big titles are base $59 now (Madden, NBA 2K, Fallout, etc.).

Edit:  We can move this discussion to the gaming thread if anyone wants to continue, so we can get back on topic.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Wut?  When was this?  Maybe I missed this portion of the decade LOL. 

Ok fair enough 80-90 for some games now...but back in the day ? Hell no.

Like I said, not all games cost that much back then, $50-59.99 was the norm from what I remember (SNES/N64).  But there were games going for $69.99+ back then, like Street Fighter 2, etc.  

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/06/why-retail-console-games-have-never-been-cheaper-historically/

Momma said $75-80, I wasn't necessarily agreeing with that, though I said they were expensive.  He did make it sound like all games back then were that much, there were a lot that approached that range, but like I said, majority were in the $50-$60 range from what I remember (speaking to N64/SNES).

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

A couple pages of fighting video game discussion, and no one has mentioned that Soul Calibur destroyed everything else, even Tekken?

I mean - Steph Curry is clearly the best, of the best when it comes to Warriors - I don't understand why people like Thompson over Steph Curry - Steph Curry has this amazing deflection / parry system that mean the strategy of three-spamming didn't work... maybe I'm biased, and maybe I never observed Thompson long enough, but I never learned or observed a similar parry system from Thompson.  Thompson is just a three-spammers dream, but Steph Curry had tons of depth.....  

• Like 1

Why isn't tonights Warriors game nationally televised?  ESPN is showing Miami/Indy which is a fine game, but it's not the game people want to see.  The NBA should at least make sure the game is on NBATV if they can't get a bigger sports network to air it.  What's the point of generating all this interest if you're going to show something else?

Why isn't tonights Warriors game nationally televised?  ESPN is showing Miami/Indy which is a fine game, but it's not the game people want to see.  The NBA should at least make sure the game is on NBATV if they can't get a bigger sports network to air it.  What's the point of generating all this interest if you're going to show something else?

Push NBA League Pass sales would be my guess.  They aren't going to give anything away for free if they don't have to.  

For people out of the local market (with a regional sports package) for GS that want to see it bad enough, they will pay for the League Pass.

I imagine that some people are getting a little bit tired of "All Warriors All the TIme" sports coverage.  

That's never stopped them with the Lakers, Lebron, Yankees, Red Sox, Cowboys, Pats, etc

And all of us have complained about that.  I can't tell you how disgusted these California football fans get seeing yet another lame NFC East showdown on their MNF schedule.   :P

That's never stopped them with the Lakers, Lebron, Yankees, Red Sox, Cowboys, Pats, etc

Yeah but the Heat/Pacers game is a conference match-up of two teams with the same record that are playoff teams (as of today).  A lot more on the line than watching GS curb stomp Boston.  

Looking at the time the game is played, I'd imagine if they were playing at GS instead of Boston, that would be the second featured game of the night.  But it's east coast, so they went with the better match up.

With Barnes out and with Klay either out or hobbled, and on the sixth game of a long roadtrip....

I don't think the Dubs are going to curb stomp the Celtics, who are paying really well lately and are now 4th in the NBA in point differential behind only GS, San Antonio and OKC.  Celtics play excellent defense, force tons of turnovers, don't get beat in transition very often, and have a deep bench.  

as an aside - my wife is a serious Celtics fan.   If the streak gets broken tonight, the ****talking's gonna be awful.   :ph34r:   

• Like 1