Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

James Harden has to have the worst ad campaign in history. "I don't care if people think I'm lazy ass flopping ****." You're trying to sell ****, you better care

"Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind at all.”

Fits right in with his other famous quote:

"Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets.  The rest of the guys are role players or pieces that complete our team. We've lost some pieces and added some pieces. I think we'll be fine next season." ~ James Harden, Inspiring leader. 

There was a time when most people felt very positively about him but he's quickly become as polarizing as the Clippers. 

- Dear God some of those Iggoudala dunks are beautiful.

- I also like that Wade Dunk at the beginning and the Terrence Ross dunk on Faried late in the video.

- The Jamal Crawford high crossover and lay up move is so iconic that they programmed the animation into NBA 2K.

- Seeing some of those plays made me sad too. Watching TMac, Vince Carter, and Kobe take it to the rim in their primes is nostalgic. That was a fun time for the league.

- What really makes me sad though is seeing those plays of DRose in his prime. That double clutch dunk was so damn nasty. NBA fans were robbed by his injuries.

- I also liked seeing LeBron's chasedown block on Richardson's showy 360 attempt. LOL.

- Dwight has, rather quietly, diminished a ton.

- And you've got to love seeing Durant and Westbrook throwing down. Best angry dunkers in the NBA. Durant's face after he throws one down is murderous. It's awesome.

- I like how Tim Duncan just stoically inbounds the ball after getting yammed on by LeBron and Vince. He's like "yeah yeah mother****er, enjoy your poster while I enjoy winning 60 games every year."

- Lastly, LOL at JaVale. I love how he's included in a video with the likes of Shaq, MJ, LeBron, and Iverson. One of his blocks was an obvious goaltend too.

That Pippen dunk on Ewing and the Kemp dunk are the most disrespectful things I've ever seen on the court. They were awesome though! :)

I don't see how those didn't start fights.

Shaq's dunk and shove on Chris Dudley was also pretty disrespectful. The shove was so Shaq. It must be nice to be the most physically dominant player by a mile in a league full of freaks.

• Like 1

and the Kemp dunk

The younger crowd sleeps on Kemp and those Sonics teams so hard. They were awesome. Absolutely loved watching them. And now they're basically forgotten about or completely dismissed.

But anyway, Vince Carter is, IMHO, undoubtedly the greatest dunker of all time. Besides his dunk contest domination, he has the greatest game dunk of all time (teabagging Weis on his way to the rim) and the greatest MISSED dunk in history

[vid]

[/vid]

I hated Duke and UNC and I was just a kid but goddamn if I didn't break the coffee table by jumping up and knocking it over when that happened. Didn't care that he missed it then and still don't care. It's just awesome.

(and how goddamn lucky was Ed Cota? 'Sheed and Stackhouse his freshman and sophomore years and Carter and Jamison his junior and senior year. Every PG in history would give multiple fingers and toes to have that run.)

Edit: wtf is up with the formatting hate these days? I put [vid][/vid] and it posts the vid but also the actual syntax like it's not being used (see above). I take [vid][/vid] out and it just posts a link. I'm sure posting on mobile 100% of the time doesn't help but come on.

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83

Damn. I actually feel a little sad about this. He's not a good official any more (if he ever was). And yet... he was one of the unprofessional, indelible quirks of the league that makes being an NBA fan fun. Old as he was, the man officiated with more enthusiasm than anyone else.

For old time's sake:

JOEY-CRAWFORD.gif

• Like 2