Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Nothing quite like a Curry heat check.   He knew that shot was going in 10 seconds before he shot it.

He's one of the few players I've ever heard admit to doing a heat check in a game. I'm pretty sure it was on Simmons old podcast where he said that if he hits a few shots, he'll launch a crazy three just to see what happens. And if it goes in, he knows he needs the ball again.

I'm not sure what Stephen A is doing here.

I actually agree that it's weird that Jackson does not have a job. If nothing else, he turned the Warriors into a professional basketball team and got them to care about defense. That's something any number of franchises need.

But this offensive explosion was never going to happen under him. He was married to the idea of 5 guys with 5 distinct roles. Green never becomes this under Jackson.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

I still don't understAnd how Screamin A Smith caught no reprinand as near as I can tell, for basically threatening Kevin Durant.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. lol.

The deadspin article seemed to indicate he was lying about having sources that said Mark Jackson vetoed Jerry West's attempts to trade away some of GS's players. Seems like he's just making **** up.

Stephen A's behavior is bizarre. Stuff that goes beyond the normal loudmouthed shock jock crap. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got a raging drug habit that's messing up his work.

My other thought: someone is holding one of Stephen A's family members hostage and threatening to kill them if he doesn't deliver the strongest takes known to man.

"Oh ****, Colin Cowherd is dog whistling about John Wall again? Alright. Mark Jackson is the one whose truly responsible for the Warriors now and you're racist if you disagree."

The deadspin article seemed to indicate he was lying about having sources that said Mark Jackson vetoed Jerry West's attempts to trade away some of GS's players. Seems like he's just making **** up.

Stephen A's behavior is bizarre. Stuff that goes beyond the normal loudmouthed shock jock crap. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got a raging drug habit that's messing up his work.

If that Deadspin article from several years ago is to be 100% believed, it wouldn't shock me if a ton of ESPN talking heads aren't on something

I suspect that his source is Mark Jackson.   Not that this makes the story true, but I think Jackson lives in a bit of a paranoid fantasy land, and Jackson has friends in the media who are willing to spread Jacksons' "side" of the story as he imagines it went.    SAS is not the only one.    

I suspect that his source is Mark Jackson.   Not that this makes the story true, but I think Jackson lives in a bit of a paranoid fantasy land, and Jackson has friends in the media who are willing to spread Jacksons' "side" of the story as he imagines it went.    SAS is not the only one.

Yikes. Yeah I'm not sure SAS should be basing his claim that NBA FOs are racist in their hiring practices based on the case that Mark Jackson can't get another job.

I still don't understAnd how Screamin A Smith caught no reprinand as near as I can tell, for basically threatening Kevin Durant.

the domestic violence stuff is the biggest shock to me that he said multiple times and still didn't get fired.

At this point I feel like he has a lifetime pass to say whatever he wants with the only repercussion is he might get a weeklong vacation if there is too much backlash.

Yikes. Yeah I'm not sure SAS should be basing his claim that NBA FOs are racist in their hiring practices based on the case that Mark Jackson can't get another job.

No he shouldn't.  But if you like Mark Jackson, I could see how you might at least suspect something was weird.  He really was a large part of the Warriors' turnaround from perennial doormat to contender.   If I liked Mark Jackson, I would be really puzzled why he hasn't gotten a sniff at another job, while retreads like Scott Skiles and George Karl get multiple attempts.

Of course, it is wrong to assume racism.  But SAS is a flamethrower.

the domestic violence stuff is the biggest shock to me that he said multiple times and still didn't get fired.

At this point I feel like he has a lifetime pass to say whatever he wants with the only repercussion is he might get a weeklong vacation if there is too much backlash.

there are two kinds of backlash.   The kind that costs us viewers and advertisers, and the kind that doesn't.

SAS and Bayless and Cowherd have managed not to cross that line.... yet.

I don't really have a basketball team, so I've always just rooted for legacies and "greatness" etc etc...

so this year, as usual, I will be hoping for lebron to take some magic playoff "leap" and actually pull through in the playoffs, and then I'd also like to see golden state continue on this magic run of theirs.  Honestly, I think Steph is a better player than Lebron since he's amazing in the clutch, and it's cool how when you look at him you see the greatest shooter (male shooter at least) in the world, there's no random dude hidden in the world that's better, you are looking at the greatest shooter in the world when you see him.  I guess Lebron still has being the greatest athletic freak in the world, but that is nearing the end as he continues on in his 30s.  

Third highest priority would then be the Spurs, since Duncan getting a 6th ring would be cool as well although at this point even tying Jordan doesn't really mean the same thing.   

So, until it's really too late I have to be on the Lebron train for at least 2-3 more years until his underachieving is complete in his prime, and then second is GS and Steph Curry dominance. Distant third are Spurs... after that,  just random teams winning it would be cool like the grizz or the knicks (lol). 

Curry is more fun to watch than Lebron, in my opinion but I don't think anyone that disagrees would be wrong.  Some people just startle easily.  What Steph Curry does is not everyone's favorite brand of basketball.  Charles Barkley for instance probably mutters "he's going to start missing, then what?" if you jostle him while he's napping.  Curry is the best shooter the NBA has ever seen.

Lebron is another kind of basketball player.  Like Taco Bell wrote above, he's an athletic freak.  He's what a basketball player would be if we built them in a lav and used the wrong adhesive along the hair line.  He's too big to be that fast and too small to be that strong.  He has a basketball IQ that off the charts and remembers seemingly everything that he's ever done on the court.  He's a basketball machine that can turn an average roster into one that will probably make it to the finals.  He's not the shooter that Curry is but he's a better basketball player.  I think it's fair to say he showed that in the finals.  His team wasn't better, but we watched and we all know who the best player in that series was. 

Sure as hell wasn't Andre Iguodala.

That's ultimately what Steph Curry still has to answer. Reply gave him everything he could handle, and even though he was clearly better sans Kyrie, Kebron single handedly willed his team to victories, and they ultimately went out like Leonidas and the 300 Spartans at Thermopylae

Edited by Mr. Sinister