Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Speaking of Okafor, he got in a street "fight" in Boston

I'm sure the league will have to suspend him and Cowherd will squak about moral something or other.  We can all pretend together that talking a lot of **** to a 19 year old isn't something we all recognize as likely to result in a fight and that getting in a fight at that age is a great sin that none of us would ever have done. 

Nineteen is gonna act 19.  Expected response given his age and being in that situation.  But part of me wishes that players had to wait at least 3 years after high school graduation (like football) to be eligible to declare for the draft.  Simply because it strengthens the college game while sending more mature players to the NBA.  

It's not saying that a 20-21 year old in the same situation would not react the same, but I would hope that 2-3 additional years of college coaching/leadership/mentoring would influence the player to not take the bait in this type of situation and just get out of there, or not even be there in the first place.

Then, the other part of me thinks that college isn't for everyone and forcing players to attend and holding them back from making millions is ridiculous.    I do know this, the one year restriction is worthless, needs to be no restrictions or 3 years.  

On a side note, Okafor is lucky some crazy person didn't shank him.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Not Okafor's first rodeo tho...

A heckler pointed a gun at Okafor's head following a verbal exchange in October at a Philadelphia club, the Inquirer reported, citing five sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Link

Between what happened to him in Boston and messing w/ these Philly goons (who obviously don't play), dude is VEEEERY lucky. 

Just go home and count your money, bruh.  If you can't keep yourself in check, this nightlife **** ain't worth it. 

Yeah if you're gonna be about that party/nightlife scene, then you have to ignire cats that want their 5 minutes of fame and will test you.

Reminds of Trent Williams thing in Hawaii during Pro Bowl week a few years back where alparently he got pistol whipped, cracked over the head by a bottle, tasered, and still was rocking dudes in a bar fight. Not worth it

17-0

Y'all lost Harrison Barnes tho

It has begun...

I actually kind of like that Okafor cares that much. Philly needs to find a way to avoid grinding down his soul.

Michael Lee had a good post about that on yahoo recently

basically said that Philly has erred in not getting the young talent players who can show them how to be professionals. He used the example of the Wolves bringing in KG, Miller, & Prince to help school Towns, Wiggins, & LaVine.

If I remember correctly, Carl Landry is the elder on the 76ers. Doesn't quite hold the same weight.

Michael Lee had a good post about that on yahoo recently

basically said that Philly has erred in not getting the young talent players who can show them how to be professionals. He used the example of the Wolves bringing in KG, Miller, & Prince to help school Towns, Wiggins, & LaVine.

If I remember correctly, Carl Landry is the elder on the 76ers. Doesn't quite hold the same weight.

People thought Flip was dumb for bring in those vets though. It's worked perfectly in hindsight.

Yeah if you're gonna be about that party/nightlife scene, then you have to ignire cats that want their 5 minutes of fame and will test you.

Reminds of Trent Williams thing in Hawaii during Pro Bowl week a few years back where alparently he got pistol whipped, cracked over the head by a bottle, tasered, and still was rocking dudes in a bar fight. Not worth it

Y'all lost Harrison Barnes tho

It has begun...

Brandon Rush with 16 with 11 mins to play.

back to back triple doubles for Draymond Green. Easily the Warriors most indispensable player after Curry.

My GM could have drafted him, he chose someone named Tomas Satoransky instead. My GM has removed countless years from my life.

Ernie can't draft centers or power forwards.  Every year I argue that we should mob up and toss him and his things into the Potomac, but all I hear in response is "blah blah going too far blah blah people could get hurt".  Cowards. 

• Like 3

Okafor got pulled over going 108mph on the Ben Franklin bridge 3 weeks ago

people bringing out all of his news. rough few days for the young man

I know kids are going to be kids, especially at age 19.  But, after getting a gun pulled on you at nightclub, you might want to rethink where you hang out and who you hang out with.

I don't recall him ever getting into trouble prior to now and I don't think he had a troubled childhood, even after losing his mother at age 9.  Honestly, anyone under age 21 has no business in night clubs anyhow, imo, especially a target like a professional athlete.  

People are crazy, and drunk idiots are even crazier.  Not saying the kid shouldn't get out and have fun, wind down, etc. but be careful where he chooses to do that.  

Should have announced this after last season.  Father time catches up with everyone, eventually.

If it were just time, he could probably find a way to make things work. When you couple his age and minutes with the major injuries he's had recently, you get the reasons for the sad state he's in now.

Going to be hard to think of an NBA without Kobe, Duncan, KG, & Dirk, but it will be a reality in short order.

If it were just time, he could probably find a way to make things work. When you couple his age and minutes with the major injuries he's had recently, you get the reasons for the sad state he's in now.

Going to be hard to think of an NBA without Kobe, Duncan, KG, & Dirk, but it will be a reality in short order.

Well, I'm 40 so I've had to live with an NBA without Jordan, Magic, Bird, David Robinson, Parish, Malone, Stockton, Ewing, Kareem, Wilkins (Dominique), Olajuwon, Barkley, Pippen, Isiah Thomas, Worthy, Perkins, Drexler, Reggie Miller, Starks, etc..   :)

It's just a process, more great ones will come.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Kobe retiring. Nash, Kidd, McGrady, and Allen already retired. Iverson done a while ago. Pierce looking done soon too. KG will probably retire next year. Dirk and Duncan are still going strong, but in dramatically decreased roles from even just five years ago. Vince Carter will probably retire in the next year or two also.

Yep, the end has come for that initial Post-Jordan generation of HoFers. It's sad.

• Like 1

Kobe retiring. Nash, Kidd, McGrady, and Allen already retired. Iverson done a while ago. Pierce looking done soon too. KG will probably retire next year. Dirk and Duncan are still going strong, but in dramatically decreased roles from even just five years ago. Vince Carter will probably retire in the next year or two also.

Yep, the end has come for that initial Post-Jordan generation of HoFers. It's sad.

that was pretty much my class of players of when I started seriously watching the NBA

tons of young talent currently in the league and on the horizon, the league is in a great place