Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

the perils of playing in Minnesota lol

even though they have some really good young talent

The NBA has got to fix this.  They worry too damn much about showing us LA and they don't go to great lengths to introduce their young talent.  Well at least the major media markets are mostly worth watching.  Only top ten market without a team that's good enough to compete for a playoff spot is Philly. 

Man, my Hornets came back from 22 down late in the 3rd, to beat the Kings.  I'll take it.  So nice this year to have 3 point shooting.  As a team we are #7 overall in 3 pt shooting, compared to being #30 last season.  

Nice being able to stay in games instead of getting buried :)  We got the Wizards Wednesday, hoping we can take that one.  We have a 7 home game stretch going on, and I think the Cavs and Warriors will curb stomp us, but would be cool to go 5-2 during that stretch and make up some ground in the standings.

I had to frantically check to see if the Wizards had knocked off the Warriors and I missed it.

LOL, I did too.  I think Doc was just trolling.......or his ankles snapped again, he fell and hit his head, thought the Wiz upset their winning streak and posted unknowingly. 

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 2

If you are the kid at LSU who is going to be the number 1 pick, do you not come out so you don't get suck in Philly? They should be docked their first round picks.

Another year in college could go bad and suddenly everyone is questioning your upside or some aspect of your game or health.  In Philly if things go bad you can cry about it in your mansion surrounded by women that only want you for your money.     

• Like 1

Another year in college could go bad and suddenly everyone is questioning your upside or some aspect of your game or health.  In Philly if things go bad you can cry about it in your mansion surrounded by women that only want you for your money.     

You're right. I just hate the idea of Philly getting any kind of reward for tanking for years.

I think what really hurts his value is the fact that all of the bad teams in the league either have an allstar big man (SAC, NO), or have recently sucessfully drafted one (NY, MIN, PHI). So that leaves Brooklyn or Los Angeles, and Brooklyn has nothing to offer. If I were Philly, I would try my hardest to get LA to bite. It seems to be the only choice really. Otherwise, they might as well just hang on to him until some team needs an emergency injury replacement. There will always be a team that acts out of extreme desperation. Thats how we ended up with Gortat, Cleveland with Mosgov, Brooklyn with Joe Johnson, etc.

Edited by Skin'emAlive

I don't know, I'd say we got the better end of the Gortat trade. And Phoenix wasn't so much desperate as they were looking to get a little something from a player who was gone in the offseason.

The Nerlens situation is interesting because Brett Brown considered him a core player. But management has to see the incompatibility of Noel and Okafor. It feels like the faster they decide to cut bait and trade Noel, the better the return will be. If we're sitting here in June talking about trading Noel and he shot 42% from the floor and had a 10 PER, they're not going to get a first round pick for him.