Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I think you can make an argument that the Warriors current small ball lineup is the most terrifying short-term lineup in NBA history. I mean, those 80s Celtics teams could wear you out with size over the long-term and the Lakers could run you off the court over 4 quarters. And Jordan's Bulls were devastating over the course of a game. And Shaq/Kobe was impossible to guard. But if I need to erase a ten point lead in three minutes....this is the lineup to do it.

I turned ESPN and they are chattering about rumors the kings lunatic owner wants to fire Karl and name Nancy Lieberman as the interim head coach.

Get your popcorn ready.

I think nba basketball could be coached by women, I just hate that the first shot could be in such a bad situation. If George Karl can't get a team winning regular season games, the problem probably isn't coaching.

14 and counting

I don't see an end in sight. Maybe at Toronto in a couple of weeks. It would be crazy if they made it to Christmas undefeated. It's possible cause there aren't a lot of good teams in the NBA this year and they seem to have a back-loaded schedule in that it doesn't get super tough until mid-January.

Looking at the schedule in basketball is only worth so much.  The nature of the game is such that a great team can lose to an awful team on any given night if they have a bad night.  The NBA is certainly hoping they don't lose anytime soon, the Warriors have people tuning into regular season basketball in November.  If they make it to Christmas against Lebron undefeated they might break a rating record for Christmas day games. 

• Like 1

Yesterday, Antonio Davis said they were going to lose to the Nets for their first lost. It made sense, it would be the second of a back-to-back east coast road trip... That being said, I am not going to believe that they can lose a game until I see them lose it.

I thought Chicago was the best team that can beat them in the worst situation for the Warriors (less than 24 hours against a tough road opponent) and they still beat them by 12.

I turned ESPN and they are chattering about rumors the kings lunatic owner wants to fire Karl and name Nancy Lieberman as the interim head coach.

Get your popcorn ready.

I think nba basketball could be coached by women, I just hate that the first shot could be in such a bad situation. If George Karl can't get a team winning regular season games, the problem probably isn't coaching.

Can they just go ahead and trade Boogie to DC now? Quit wasting time, Sactown.

Warriors man.

Literally, they are so good that they make their own luck. Their pace is so frantic...yet they are 110% comfortable in it. It's scary.

Bulls gave it a great effort (Jimmy Jordan is the best SG in the NBA at the moment...hopefully he keeps it up) but that Warriors team man

And their defense too. Damn. I'm sure Luke Walton is a great basketball mind but I really think we could all coach them and win.

Looking at the schedule in basketball is only worth so much.  The nature of the game is such that a great team can lose to an awful team on any given night if they have a bad night.  The NBA is certainly hoping they don't lose anytime soon, the Warriors have people tuning into regular season basketball in November.  If they make it to Christmas against Lebron undefeated they might break a rating record for Christmas day games. 

Agreed but they just seem so loaded. If they were having close games I would think it is a matter of time, but they don't seem to be having close games with few exceptions.

Long season, fellas

Even if they have no more than 5 losses after the All Star break, I still wouldnt bet on them getting that record, or even tying it

I think they would have to be perfect at the break 41-0 for it even considered possible.  The Bulls went in at 38-3 that season before the break and then dropped 7 after the break.

Was just looking back and their last three losses were only by 1 point.  So close to making it 75-7.  Crazy.  

Whats crazier is that if it wasn't for the Heat beating them in one of the last games of the season in 97 (one of the greatest moments of the Road Warrior era) they would have had back to back 70 win seasons.

Of course no one remembers that because they still went on to win the NBA FInals, after bending the Heat over backwards and going balls deep in the ECF

• Like 1

Lmao they did got raped in the playoffs that year.

If i remember correctly, the Bulls lost their last or 2nd to last game in 96 to the Pacers who were the only team that beat them twice that year. Jordan blocked Miller on a jump shot at the end and they blew a questionable foul on Jordan which put Miller at the line where he took the game.

At least that's how my 10 year old self remembers it

Thoughts on Lebron getting pissed at a bad pass to him that went out of bounds and he just walked off the court and sat down on the bench without any whistles leaving only 4 Cavs on the floor. Refs had to stop play.

I thought it was pretty funny actually. He said he apologized to the team and denied to comment on what he was upset about.

Porzingis is good.

This Knicks starting five is good. But that bench is crap. I think that's going to catch up with them eventually.

It's about time they hit a home run on a draft pick and at this stage, that's exactly what he is. He's the runaway Roy from a strong rookie class too Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Selfish and whiny is how I would look at it.  He's got nothing to prove to anyone, but he is a vet and a leader to younger players.  Should have sucked it up and moved on, expressed his frustration during the next stoppage of play or time out.  

Especially considering it happened when they were up by almost 30 points in the 3rd Qtr.  

Thoughts on Lebron getting pissed at a bad pass to him that went out of bounds and he just walked off the court and sat down on the bench without any whistles leaving only 4 Cavs on the floor. Refs had to stop play.

I thought it was pretty funny actually. He said he apologized to the team and denied to comment on what he was upset about.

It's about time they hit a home run on a draft pick and at this stage, that's exactly what he is. He's the runaway Roy from a strong rookie class too

Karl-Anthony Towns. 

Porzingis is going to be GREAT.  But KAT is putting in work up in Minnesota.  He's not getting as much publicity due to where he's playing in comparison, but he's been much better.

• Like 1

Karl-Anthony Towns. 

Porzingis is going to be GREAT.  But KAT is putting in work up in Minnesota.  He's not getting as much publicity due to where he's playing in comparison, but he's been much better.

I agree. Kristaps is showing he's going to be great, but Towns has been a cut above the other rookies so far this year.

Karl-Anthony Towns.

Porzingis is going to be GREAT. But KAT is putting in work up in Minnesota. He's not getting as much publicity due to where he's playing in comparison, but he's been much better.

If it's not Porzingis it would be Towns but I think Porzingis has been much better, not to mention flashier while playing for the Knicks which will push the award toward him.

But it's a long season

If it's not Porzingis it would be Towns but I think Porzingis has been much better, not to mention flashier while playing for the Knicks which will push the award toward him.

But it's a long season

Towns has better stats almost across the board

he's averaging 16pts, 10rebs, & 2.5 blks as a rook

not many have done that