Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I came in here to talk about Golden State, but y'all bammas were talking about facial hair and throw me off. Without going to the previous page, how did y'all get on that topic...

With the tough game they played last night, and knowing they're at home, I don't see how they beat the Bulls tonight.

If they do though, I don't see them losing until Christmas... Maybe.

The league isn't as open this year as last year. SA and GS are clearly the two best teams in the West and Cleveland is clearly the best in the East. You can safely predict the Finals will involve two of those three teams.

The only things that could derail that prediction are injuries to Curry or LeBron that cause them to miss the playoffs.

• Like 1

I came in here to talk about Golden State, but y'all bammas were talking about facial hair and throw me off. Without going to the previous page, how did y'all get on that topic...

With the tough game they played last night, and knowing they're at home, I don't see how they beat the Bulls tonight.

If they do though, I don't see them losing until Christmas... Maybe.

We started talking about James Harden and what he needs to do then I suggested that he needed to shave and it just went from there.

GS will drop one soon though. It's just hard to get up for every game like that while also shooting that well

Luke Walton has had a pretty awesome life, eh?

Dude is charmed that's for sure. Now I've seen rumors about him taking over the Lakers job in a year or so once Scott is gone and they've developed some of their young players

still waiting on his first bad day

Google his wife some day.

I'm jealous of the fact that - outside of one year - he's apparently lived his entire life in San Diego, Tucson, Los Angeles and San Francisco. He was probably frightened the first time he saw snow. And then his dad put on some Jerry Garcia Band bootlegs, quoted John Wooden, and made everything all right.

• Like 2

↑↑↑ Bre Ladd. Former volleyball player at U of Arizona. 

Pretty girl. 

Insane stat of the day. Dubs have won their last 5 games in which opponents drop 40 or more points on them in the first quarter.

That's a pretty solid jaw they've got.

Edited by The Evil Genius

Watching that game last night...

bEwXt7u.jpg

I cannot stand the Clippers.

I hate Chris Paul with his flopping and whining and getting away with stuff on defense that he always gets the calls for when he has the ball.  He's a great player and a dirty little ****.

I hate stone faced Blake, acting like a tough guy all the time, shoving his shoulder into people, then literally yelling in pain and looking helplessly at the refs with his hands outstretched whenever he gets touched at all.   (I do like his Kia commercials, those are great).  

I hate Doc Rivers endlessly working the refs, rolling his eyes and looking astonished that one of his player's flops didn't get a call, and making endless passive-aggressive comments off the court.  I also seriously don't know why he is considered a good coach.

I hate that Austin Rivers got into the short rotation of a great team like the Clippers out of pure nepotism.

I think the whole organization showed a lack of class with the DeAndre Jordan situation, and DeAndre comes across like a big child.

I hated dirty Matt Barnes on the Clips, and I thought I would hate the Clips less when he left the team but no... they have to sign petulant clueless stupid dirty Lance Stevenson to replace him.  Of course they did.

Last night was so damn fun. 

• Like 3

Strong take Predicto. I agree. I want to add that I hate that Paul Pierce became one of them. I don't blame him for wanting to chase a ring in his final years. I don't blame him for wanting to play for his old coach, and play in his home city. But I hate that all of that equals playing for the Clippers. Paul Pierce gave me one of the funnest seasons as a Wizards fan. There is nothing as good as hearing an arena burst out into a "**** Paul Pierce" chant only to watch him then drain cold blooded threes on them and hear the arena fall silent.

Paul Pierce needs to be playing for the good guys, not the bad guys.

Strong take Predicto. I agree. I want to add that I hate that Paul Pierce became one of them. I don't blame him for wanting to chase a ring in his final years. I don't blame him for wanting to play for his old coach, and play in his home city. But I hate that all of that equals playing for the Clippers. Paul Pierce gave me one of the funnest seasons as a Wizards fan. There is nothing as good as hearing an arena burst out into a "**** Paul Pierce" chant only to watch him then drain cold blooded threes on them and hear the arena fall silent.

Paul Pierce needs to be playing for the good guys, not the bad guys.

Paul Pierce is a great bad guy.  You get mad at Pierce because he is an assassin and a winner and a trash talker who backs it up with his play.  I have no problem with trash talk, not from Bird or Garnett or Barkley or Charles Barkley or anyone.  Barkley used to rub the Warriors faces in it all the time.

But he didn't whine or flop.  

Paul Pierce is a great bad guy.  You get mad at Pierce because he is an assassin and a winner and a trash talker who backs it up with his play.  I have no problem with trash talk, not from Bird or Garnett or Barkley or Charles Barkley or anyone.  Barkley used to rub the Warriors faces in it all the time.

But he didn't whine or flop.

Yep. He's not a dirty player either, like CP3. He's classy, and his trash talk is old school too. Always interesting, always pin point, but not trashy.

Anyone who hates Pierce, it's because they haven't had gotten to root for him and have probably had to root against him. Having him on your team in a playoff series against Toronto was like sex. Somewhat surprisingly, Toronto fans are some of the trashiest in the NBA and watching Pierce devour their hearts over a series was one of the purest pleasures in sports.

• Like 1

no lead is safe against them dudes

unreal ****. they won the title last year and look hungrier than any other team in the league

I say again: its early, but is 72 in danger?

72 is definitely in danger if they stay healthy. They might only have 1 or 2 losses by the Cleveland Christmas and there is at least a chance they have no losses before that game....which would be crazy.