Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

10 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Aside from that dunk he was 1/13 from the field and 0-5 from 3. 

it’s really depressing the end of Lebron’s career is going to be completely cratered by this bum 

But it was LeBron's idea, so no, it's not depressing at all.  It's a reminder to other players that want be GM, wait until you retire.

Edited by Renegade7

Meh, it was reported Lebron favored Russ over Hield, sure. Based on his past success, I think he knows what fits better with him more often than not and it’s resulted in a ton of titles but maybe he made a mistake with thinking Russ could take some of the playmaking off of him. I don’t know. 

it still sucks to see the 2nd best player ever go out on a team with Russ (and the entire trade) dragging them down, especially when Bron has played so well this season. 

18 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Come on, who doesn’t like LeBron. Even bitter wizards fans should have moved on by now 

Like brother @tshilesays, people who think he's a giant bag of douche fluid.

I'm not saying he's not a great player.  He's a fantastic player.  

But he's just a douche, IMO.  And I get the impression that he just wants to be loved so bad, he tries to be loved and that just makes him harder to like.  Like his little "...and I want my damn respect," comment from a couple years ago.  Like, dude, who doesn't respect you?  You're THAT great and you're worried about some modicum of respect?  **** outta here.  You'd never catch Jordan saying **** like that.  That's why Jordan was loved, that's why Kobe was loved.  They did what they wanted and didn't care about who liked them and who didn't.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

But it was LeBron's idea, so no, it's not depressing at all.  It's a reminder to other players that want be GM, wait until you retire.

It’s a reminder that being a great player doesn’t make you a great anything else.  It’s an different skill set.  Related, but not the same.  We’ve seen plenty of stars fail at coaching too.  

• Like 2

My son (6) is head over heels in love with basketball. 
i liked basketball but grew up in a household that only watched/liked football. Which unfortunately can guide you growing up, even if it shouldn’t. 

he asks to watch games every night. He’s on a team and is a star (at an age where dribbling is apparently optional 😂). But it’s great and I’m loving it so much. I now have a legit excuse to sit on the couch and watch 30 minutes of the 7:30 tip offs. It’s great. I’m falling in love with the sport again. 

i can’t wait until the ncaa tournament starts. He’s going to go nuts

As a kid that has a hard time with slow sports (baseball was painful), the constant action of basketball just captivates him. 

23 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Come on, who doesn’t like LeBron. Even bitter wizards fans should have moved on by now 

Then I guess I'm a super bitter Wizards fan.  Crab dribble!!!

1 hour ago, tshile said:

My son (6) is head over heels in love with basketball. 
i liked basketball but grew up in a household that only watched/liked football. Which unfortunately can guide you growing up, even if it shouldn’t. 

he asks to watch games every night. He’s on a team and is a star (at an age where dribbling is apparently optional 😂). But it’s great and I’m loving it so much. I now have a legit excuse to sit on the couch and watch 30 minutes of the 7:30 tip offs. It’s great. I’m falling in love with the sport again. 

i can’t wait until the ncaa tournament starts. He’s going to go nuts

As a kid that has a hard time with slow sports (baseball was painful), the constant action of basketball just captivates him. 

I beg you, nay, impore you to never pants an official at your son's game.

But if you do, please share vids.

• Haha 2

Fwiw I’m the person at the game looking at the other parents like “wtf is wrong with you”

these officials are basically high school kids trying to make some walking around money, reffing a game they play themselves and love. 

why some 30-40ish year old pathetic adult thinks it’s appropriate to go after a kid like that is beyond me. 

your kid isn’t getting a scholarship anyways.  It’s no one’s fault but your own that this was your plan on how he gets to college.   Go away. 

• Like 1

I mean check out my boys stat line from game 1

Game 1

Points    12

Assists.  1

Steals.    3

Rebounds.   10

Turnovers.   2

Score:

24-8

and he dribbled the whole time. I think there were like 3 kids total from both teams that dribbled the whole time. 

my favorite thing to teach him - which came from our buddy (his kids in the team, he was a stud athlete growing up, and coaches little kids flag football. Just awesome dude/dad):

when someone comes at you, pick left or right, and go. Don’t just stand there. Go. And go quick. 

so every time the kids swarm the kid with the ball, the kid with the ball just stands there. The obvious occurs. He basically hands the ball to other team. 

my kid? (And his buddy, kid of the dad mentioned above) shoots left or right around the swarm and winds up wide open under the basket 😂 

Yeah the only thing that sucks is all this snow has severely crippled our ability to practice at home. My driveway is a sheet of ice because we were out of town skiing when the snow came through, so I didn’t get to remove it. And it’s gonna snow again later this week. 

eventually we’ll get back to it. 

his team has 3 kids that are just hands down way ahead of everyone else. They haven’t had all 3 at a game at the same time yet but they’re trouncing everyone. This week I think is the first week all 3 will be there. I’m hoping they put up 40 points 😆 

after watching him go through two seasons of baseball having a rough time, it’s fun to watch him excel even if in a silly context 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1