Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

A “big game” in March?

If y’all say so…

Tickets were going for over $125 for a reason. It’s only one regular season game, but it wasn’t exactly a Wednesday night game vs Charlotte. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The NBA has the worst refs in sports. Yesterday CORRUPT Tony Brothers ejected Austin Rivers for "throwing a fake elbow", which is not against the rules. Rivers NEVER hit Stephenson with the elbow yet was assessed a technical foul and ejected. This is one of the worst decisions in NBA officiating. This sport is so beyond corrupt now.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Seems like Giannis might have won the MVP tonight.  44 points in a come back victory over the Nets, including FTs to clinch the win.

I love that guy. One of the best stories in the NBA in my lifetime. Stepback three to tie tonight, huge block on Embiid to win the game against the 76ers recently. To say nothing of that amazing finals run last season after it looked like he was injured. 

• Like 1

I don't like Nash as a coach.

I watched the 4th quarter and Overtime of Nets-Bucks tonight, and the play to end regulation had 8 players nowhere near KD and KD in ISO.  So of course it's a bad shot that he has to force versus someone getting him open, and he misses.

Then last shot to win in OT its KD at top of the key with what looks like a better shot, but I'm like damn, Kyrie is on the floor for both plays and never touches the ball.  Seriously?  Sounds good if you win, but you lost, and have a terrible record against teams with a winning record.

Folks calling the Nets scarier then Memphis because they have Kyrie for home games again are buying the hype, saw this on PTI the other day. Trippin.

Watching this game tonight at no point did I belive the Bucks would lose or would lose a 7 game series to the Nets.

The MVP race is pretty good this year. I'd give it to Jokic because of the injuries to the guys that are supposed to be the 2nd and 3rd best players on that team. But can't complain if Giannis, Embiid, Booker or DeRozan wins it. 

17 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't like Nash as a coach.

I watched the 4th quarter and Overtime of Nets-Bucks tonight, and the play to end regulation had 8 players nowhere near KD and KD in ISO.  So of course it's a bad shot that he has to force versus someone getting him open, and he misses.

Then last shot to win in OT its KD at top of the key with what looks like a better shot, but I'm like damn, Kyrie is on the floor for both plays and never touches the ball.  Seriously?  Sounds good if you win, but you lost, and have a terrible record against teams with a winning record.

Folks calling the Nets scarier then Memphis because they have Kyrie for home games again are buying the hype, saw this on PTI the other day. Trippin.

Watching this game tonight at no point did I belive the Bucks would lose or would lose a 7 game series to the Nets.

thats what KD wanted.  That’s what this super nets team was all about.  He wants to be free of the x’s and o’s and just be allowed to go out and win games in iso possession.  I don’t think Nash could change it even if he wanted to and knew how.  The nets are there for KD and Kyrie to shine, not their coach.  

7 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The MVP race is pretty good this year. I'd give it to Jokic because of the injuries to the guys that are supposed to be the 2nd and 3rd best players on that team. But can't complain if Giannis, Embiid, Booker or DeRozan wins it. 

I agree, really can’t go wrong.  There’s so many guys playing out of their minds right now.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

thats what KD wanted.  That’s what this super nets team was all about.  He wants to be free of the x’s and o’s and just be allowed to go out and win games in iso possession.  I don’t think Nash could change it even if he wanted to and knew how.  The nets are there for KD and Kyrie to shine, not their coach.    

Off-topic pot shot coming from me here (but in the same spirit as your spot on post here), but stuff like this is why I'll never consider LeBron over Jordan in the GOAT conversation.

LeBron has had multiple opportunities to play under Popovich and from my understanding never even considered it.  Why?  Cause Pop wouldn't put up with his BS and franchise orbiting around him nonsense, at minimum.

Talkin bout he wants to play with his son before he retires, is there any doubt in anyone's mind that if Jordan's son was in the NBA the same time as him that Jordan would jus use that as additional motivation (as if he needed another reason)?

6aynk9.jpg

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Warriors with an epic comeback. They needed this. 

Meh. They need Steph. Also feel like Wiggins game has disappeared and Kuminga is fading a bit. 

Assuming they're healthy for playoffs though...they should be a favorite to go deep.. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

The Heat are regaining their form.
After experimenting with trying to reintegrate Oladipo and Morris they wisely scrapped that idea.  They’ve endured a ton of huge injuries throughout the season yet they sit as a 1 seed. They’ve shown an ugly side here lately with that 4 game slide and the fracas on the sideline with Spo/Haslem and Jimmy. 

Does it galvanize them to a Championship, a deep run, or an early exit?

Gonna be an interesting post season. 

30 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Meh. They need Steph. Also feel like Wiggins game has disappeared and Kuminga is fading a bit. 

Assuming they're healthy for playoffs though...they should be a favorite to go deep.. 

kumiga got no minutes.