Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

No, he was not.

The Bullets/Wizards team was really not that good. Gil and Co. equal the Hawks with Wilkins...decent...nothing special.

No one is saying love him. I have a ton of respect for Tim Duncan, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Karl Malone, John Stockton, etc...

Give the guy his due, he has earned it.

Where exactly have I failed to give him his due? I've picked the Heat to win, defended his move to Miami, and routinely refer to him as one of the best players of all time. I even pick him as my starting PG in a best all time team. Yes, point guard. I just happen to understand not liking him and I won't cry if the Spurs beat him.

If you don't get what Lebron was to Wizards fans, that's on you. The guy whispered some trash talk into Arenas' ear before catastrophic misses. He was enemy #1 precisely because he couldn't be beaten.

Edited by Destino

I stopped reading at "lucky threes."

What a ridiculous post.  Much more whiny than LeBron sitting out which people are judging unfairly.  I'm not in any position to judge him for sitting out.  Had to be serious if he was willing to miss the end of a Finals game.  Same thing with Crosby in the 2009 Stanley Cup Final.  If you're out in championship series, it's because you literally cannot play.

Edited by Sticksboi05

Frankly I don't do enough poking (no Hibbert). I think I take the high road way too often these days. I miss the old Sinister. The bitter, angry one that that needed very little reason to go off on someone.

Nowadays, I'm more mature, and people need to say something really stupid for that person to come out again. And someone said something really stupid. There's no other way to rationally explain it.

But I'm cool now. It's all good. Lead the way, mentor. 

Your are doing pretty well at this point. You have to understand and realize however what to expect when you came back to this thread. The high road is a good one...then you can sit back, watch, laugh. It seriously is funny sometimes. You know how it is in the Stadium after a game ? That was some peoples' behaviour or reactions tonight...including both of us.

Good lord, I gave reasons why Durant is well liked in this area which are all true. Clearly I should have underlined the fact that he didn't kill the local team in the playoffs a point you accidentally left out. Had he done that all the shoes in the world wouldn't buy him an ounce of good will from me. Does that also not matter at all? When did it become unreasonable for fans of a team to hold a grudge.

I am from DC, I love Durant, but the over the top sweating this guy is absurd. Of course he couldn't kill you in the playoffs...the Wiz haven't been to the Finals since...  

No grudge to be had, did you really think those teams could beat the Lakers, Spurs, etc in the Finals ?

If you don't get what Lebron was to Wizards fans, that's on you. The guy whispered some trash talk into Arenas' ear before catastrophic misses. He was enemy #1 precisely because he couldn't be beaten.

Arenas is a trivia question. So what ? Jordan, Bird, and many others are known to talk trash.

Sensitivity is a Ralph Tresvant song.

Seemed like my post was lost in the shuffle, so I'll close with this.

I'm a firm believe in that one's mental state can effect their body physically. Everyone was feeling the heat, but LeBron's facial expression in around the 3rd quarter had the look of a defeated man. This was before the cramping in the 4th. Am I saying that if he had a better state of mind that the cramps wouldn't have happened? I don't know, that sounds like a topic for the Sports Science show. Mark Jackson said it best when he first started asking for subs, and I'm paraphrasing, "Sometimes you gotta totally disregard what your body is telling you in a game of this magnitude and a player of his caliber. And tell your body I'll  check on you tomorrow." 

I'm not in the "play with cramps" party. **** that. Cramps have shut me down quite a few times. Just that he didn't have the best mental state.

Was a hell of a game though until then.

Your are doing pretty well at this point. You have to understand and realize however what to expect when you came back to this thread. 

Lol, thats why I stayed out for most of the season, and postseason, save for all of the other matchups. I was going to stay out of here for the Finals too, but that ending didn't really sit well with me, for a number of reasons.

I know I can always count on at least one person in here to say something entertaining, especially after ugly losses (and in most cases, wins that don't end in a 20+ point blowout), so, curious me, I decided to find out what was waiting behind Door #3. And it did not disappoint.

I try my best, man. :(  To (somewhat) borrow from R Kelly, my mind's tellin' me noooooo, but my keyboard.......My keyboard is tellin' me yessssss

I can't sleep so I want to take my turn at being a dick...

I've always wondered why I should give a **** about a DC Lakers fan opinion. I mean talk about taking a short cut in life. I'm sure those championships are real special.

You should give no ****s. Keep them..... They're valuable.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

No pro arena in this country should be without A/C. Total garbage

Half the lights went out at the Super Bowl. **** happens.

A Super Bowl was significantly delayed because they couldn't get the lights on. **** happens.

Lol Dang, almost word for word.

Menstrual craps are a ****, so I've heard.

lol

I can't sleep so I want to take my turn at being a dick...

I've always wondered why I should give a **** about a DC Lakers fan opinion. I mean talk about taking a short cut in life. I'm sure those championships are real special.

I'm out.

A drive by post? Yeah you clearly give a ****

A short cut in life? It's ****ing sports dude. You sound like a clown. Get over yourself and your stupid sense of self righteousness.

That was just my roundabout way of telling you I don't really need you to co-sign, or to be my internet friend, or whatever it is exactly that you were trying to accomplish there. Nothing personal (sadly it appears you took it that way)

Nah, the hatred for you is not strong in this one. I honestly have no opinion  of you whatsoever. I have to ask though.... Is this that weird thing where people want to make an ill timed friendship gesture, get shunned, and then try instead to do everything possible to get said person to actually care enough to hate them?

That plan doesn't seem to be going so well. Maybe you should go watch some Larry Johnson YouTube highlights to help ease the pain.

LOL, I think you making this a lot more than it is, especially if you really think I take anything anyone on here says personally, including yourself.  I wasn't trying to be your internet friend or try to get you to hate me on the internet.  I was trying to take the high road and not smack talk and give the Heat the praise they were deserved because they are a good team.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

But in more serious (?) news, does anyone believe the Dwight Howard stuff?

In case you haven't heard, a 16 year old girl is claiming they had a relationship and that he used to fly her out to Houston. There are pictures of them in a hotel room as well

Of course the big networks won't touch it until it's confirmed

I personally refuse to believe anyone is that stupid

I couldn't upload the other pic from my phone so here's a link to someone that posted it on twitter

https://twitter.com/lizzs_lockeroom/status/474598767707308032

Ignoring the fact that they photoshopped Chris Hansen in the pic, that's him

Still I'm gonna maintain that he was doing some fan outreach stuff and just naively allowed the pics to be taken

Half the lights went out at the Super Bowl. **** happens.

Lol Dang, almost word for word.

lol

Even on like the lights in the SB, they actually had some time to prepare here.  They knew the AC was out.  You have to hydrate, stretch, take breaks accordingly, etc.

If it were a situation where all of the sudden the heat went to 100 degrees, it would be more understanding.

(In sports in general, especially in basketball, I've never understood the idea of come out of a game and go sit on a bench, and then get up off the bench and go back in the game.)

Looks like Gatorade is trying to get some mileage out of this.

http://nba.si.com/2014/06/06/lebron-james-gatorade-cramps-twitter-nba-finals-heat/?eref=sihp

Though, I wouldn't really say they were trolling him.

Edited by PeterMP

That was an annoying game. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a series, and you could tell that both teams were feeling it last night. Under normal circumstances, that could have been an all-time classic. Instead, it devolved into guys sweating all over themselves and pulling up lame. Even the crowd seemed out of it by the time the third quarter rolled around. That just can't happen in 2014.

As for Lebron, dudes get hurt. I am not a doctor or an EMT or someone who really understand the human body (just ask my wife....heyo!). But I wonder if Lebron's size doesn't sometimes hurt him in situations like this. Are guys with that much muscle more prone to these kinds of things? I honestly don't know the answer. In those August and September football games, it always seems to be the backs and linebackers who get cramps, not the linemen.

But we're talking about NBA players understand. They play through a lot worse than cramps, and in games that are far less meaningful. That was a cowardly thing for LeBron to do.

If you can't bend your leg, you can't bend your leg.

I really don't understand how anyone plays through cramps. A broken hand still sort of works. You can still sorta run on a bad knee. A cramp more or less paralyzes your lower body.

Honestly, steve, this is your classic "What happened thirty minutes ago is the defining moment of my generation" thing you always do with the NBA. If the Wizards lose, they are going to lose 25 straight games. If they win, it's off to the title game. If Westbrook takes a bad three, Durant needs to demand a trade immediately. Chill out.

But in more serious (?) news, does anyone believe the Dwight Howard stuff?

I personally refuse to believe anyone is that stupid

The guy is about to have baby number 6 with 5 different women...it is rumored that he may have an additional 2 also (unconfirmed), with 2 other women. He took a 30M dollar pay cut to not even go to the team he wanted to play for.

He is not the brightest bulb.

That said, we have no idea how old the girl was when those pics were taken. I need more evidence to throw the man into that level of stupid.

That was an annoying game. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a series, and you could tell that both teams were feeling it last night. Under normal circumstances, that could have been an all-time classic. Instead, it devolved into guys sweating all over themselves and pulling up lame. Even the crowd seemed out of it by the time the third quarter rolled around. That just can't happen in 2014.

As for Lebron, dudes get hurt. I am not a doctor or an EMT or someone who really understand the human body (just ask my wife....heyo!). But I wonder if Lebron's size doesn't sometimes hurt him in situations like this. Are guys with that much muscle more prone to these kinds of things? I honestly don't know the answer. In those August and September football games, it always seems to be the backs and linebackers who get cramps, not the linemen.

There is a mass to surface area issue in terms of cooling down.  He's tall (so surface area), but also built and big.

It almost certainly takes more time for his internal mass to cool than many of the other players, and his body almost certainly has to work harder to do it (e.g. sweet more) and so will have more issues with hydration and electrolyte levels.

In football training camps, it is almost always the OL/DL that die from heat exhaustion.  Your body is mostly water and water has a high heat capacity. It is slow to cool and to get hot.  That works for us in most cases, but once you get it hot, it is hard to cool it down.

And the less surface area by mass you have to release the heat, it is going to take that much longer.