Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Have you ever been to an NFL game? It's an embarrassing display of almost all horrible human behavior.

Even funnier is that people often associate that with drinking. I bet more than enough of those people were relatively sober.

Being an eternally insufferable dumbass is a lot worse than an afternoon/evening of drinking. 

True

Once saw a 40+ year old Skins fan with his kids there walk to a giants fan after an OT loss at FedEx and yell "you ****ing suck!" Before sulking off like a child

Saddest funny thing I've ever seen

I have a brawl between two families on video at a Redskins Ravens SCRIMMAGE game. Not even preseason. 12 people, kids, women, old men all going at it.

I have a brawl between two families on video at a Redskins Ravens SCRIMMAGE game. Not even preseason. 12 people, kids, women, old men all going at it.

In my defense the kids and old men said ES was full of pansies so really I was sticking up for all of us. 

I've been a Laker fan since the 70's.

And no we did not. we are adults that realize pro sports are entertainment.

It seems that smiley face are required to communicate that fist fights are an exaggeration not to be taken seriously.

• Like 1

Even funnier is that people often associate that with drinking. I bet more than enough of those people were relatively sober.

Being an eternally insufferable dumbass is a lot worse than an afternoon/evening of drinking.

Alcohol can make angry violent people worse but I agree blaming it all on the drinking is an excuse. They certainly aren't drunk when they're losing their minds at peewee football games and trying to fight other parents.

Has anyone seen a real fight at an NBA game?

Almost. These two at a Bobcats/Heat game almost let it roll. The one guy was just loud and obnoxious and stating the obvious. Cursing up a storm and the other guy was there with his wife and kids and asked him several times to check himself. Eventually the loud guys friend seemingly calmed him down. They were both rooting for the Bobcats...but went back and forth a few times where I thought it could escalate.

Edited by Kosher Ham

Alcohol can make angry violent people worse but I agree blaming it all on the drinking is an excuse. They certainly aren't drunk when they're losing their minds at peewee football games and trying to fight other parents.

Man I remember a having a parent assistant coach one of my youth baseball teams when I was young.

He nearly fought the head coach because he took his son out of the game after an error

Well see there was this one time in Auburn Hills...

Which, no matter who horrible, is still one of the most incredible sports related video ever recorded. It also speaks to an earlier discussion about sports fans fighting pro basketball players. It supports LKBs position on that particular discussion.

Has anyone seen a real fight at an NBA game?

Heat @ Wizards, '09. Last game of the regular season. We were heading out of the building, then all of a sudden this dude goes flying up against the glass.

Once we got outside after the initial panic, there were two dudes pinned down on the ground by police officers. It was like a live episode of Cops.

Edit, it wasn't the last game now that I think about it. they probably had like 5-6 games left.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Which, no matter who horrible, is still one of the most incredible sports related video ever recorded. It also speaks to an earlier discussion about sports fans fighting pro basketball players. It supports LKBs position on that particular discussion.

Will we ever see a game with that many headcases on one court?

Maybe if Lance and Boogie Cousins ended up on the same team lol

I asked that because I've been to quite a few NBA games and have never seen one.

Going from a college basketball game one night to a pro the next is something let me tell you

I was discussing with a friend last night that I think NBA fans are a nice happy medium between NFL/NHL Meatheads/Goons and the scorecard keeping, family picnic day MLB fans.

Then he brought up CBB fans, which we both agreed are as close as it gets to soccer hooligans in the US.

Not that NBA Fans don't riot sometimes either.

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy

Yeah..... the whole "I'm going to to square up with Ron Artest" thing.

It was some short, pudgy ass dude. Ridiculous. Having confidence, or even an ego is one thing, but I'm not exactly certain how one arrives at that course of action

By the way, I will take this time to apologize for letting things get out of hand. I honestly probably should have just stayed out of here like I had initially planned to. Not that I regret what I said, and why I said it, but I do regret sort of being the catalyst for things getting out of control in here.

Most of us have been cool going back 4-5 years, and even longer in some cases. Even though I may not seem like it sometimes ( I admit, I occasionally get very chippy), I'd like for it to stay that way.

So guys I'm a Wizards fan.  no I mean a Heat fan.  But if Spurs win the next game I'm gonna be a Spurs fan.  When Pacers get it back together next year I'm gonna be a Pacers fan.  If Wizards do something I'm gonna be a Wizards fan.  Im a Nat fan right now but if they start sucking I'm going to the Braves.  If the Braves can't keep together I'll try the Cardinals.  If that doesn't work I'll go for the Red Socks.  If that doesn't work out I may just try being a All Sock fan. 

NBA games would be a perfect live sporting event if the games weren't so damn expensive.

NFL games are exhausting. Between driving and parking and even doing the minimal amount of tailgating, it's a 7-8 hour experience on a good day and the games can often resemble Thunderdome. I've never left an NFL game not totally exhausted.

MLB games are usually reasonably priced, and the experience is just pleasant as can be. (Though I did go to a Yankees-Orioles game with my FIL and BIL once and nearly died of sun poisoning. My FIL can do nothing halfway so we were in the first row behind third base and were in direct sunlight for 4 hours on a 90 degree day). The problem is a game can take 4 hours and, frankly, that's a lot of baseball even if you like baseball. And really young kids get bored really quickly. Taking any child under 10 to a MLB game means that you are going to see about 3 innings of action.

I like NHL games. The fans can be a really frightening sometimes, but it's fast moving and the games usually end at a reasonable hour.

NBA games are great if you can afford them. On a slow night, you can be in and out in 2.5 hours. And the games are fun. And the cheerleaders are usually otherwordly. Sometimes, you can win a Chipotle burrito too.

I've seen countless fights at NFL games - though more fights at college football games. In fairness, I have gone to night games at Mountaineer Field and that can be a bit of a risk at times. I was at the Miami games where the fans nearly tipped over the ambulance carrying the Miami player. That was primal.

I've seen one fight at a hockey game.

I've actually seen three or four fights at MLB games. Granted, I've gone to a ton of MLB games over the years. But the lulls in those games means people have a lot of opportunity to chirp at each other.

I've actually never seen a fight at an NBA game oddly.

I did once have the Phoenix Gorilla pick me up and kiss me. I was 8.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

I have gone to night games at Mountaineer Field and that can be a bit of a risk at times. I was at the Miami games where the fans nearly tipped over the ambulance carrying the Miami player. That was primal.

Good times...sigh.

:D 

And yes..I'm kidding.

Maybe. 

It was still a ****ing forward lateral.

Edited by The Evil Genius