Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

9 hours ago, Destino said:

Playoff mode just lost to the Phoenix Bums.

Lakers with Lebron are now two games better than they were last year after 63 games.  30-33 vs 28-35

My God if this had happened in DC.  Think the only way to recover would be shipping our franchise to Seattle and getting an expansion team.

I, too, am enjoying this fall from glory. Delicious. 

8 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Lebron doesn't even make sense in the postgame comments. 

"I think we was always together at times."

Hes already two games down to Golden State mode with that one.

On 3/3/2019 at 12:20 AM, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Does account for the 18 games he missed? 

Im loving this. 

They're 24-21 when he plays.  I think that translates to a 34-29 clip if he played every game, which would be a half game out of the 8th seed, 4 behind HOU for 5th.

So if he plays every game, they're probably where they should be with this hodge podge of underachieving young players and past their prime vets.  Going into the season, they were just trying to get through the season to add another star.  

Edited by justice98

2 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Lonzo and Rondo were hurt this season as well. I know excuses but they have had a lot of stuff this year. 

Also, basketball is all about momentum. If Lebron didn’t get hurt Christmas Day. They are all healthy and feeling good about defeating the champs. 

I came in here just to say this... Not a Laker fan at all, but if I'm not mistaken, I think the Lakers were 4th in the West before LeBron's injury. Now that he's back, everyone expects him to be Superman when I think a big reason LeBron came to LA was that Ball was there to facilitate when he didn't want/need to. They were working well together too.

But that feels like so long ago now. Lakers are done. They have no chemistry at all right now and those West teams aren't the cakewalk that the East teams were. (Were being the keyword, if LeBron stayed in Cleveland, they'd probably be a couple of games behind Brooklyn right now.

I'm not surprised that the Lakers are struggling but I am surprised that this season was the beginning of the end for LeBron.

He's going to play out another 4 or 5 seasons, but he's no longer invincible and able to give you 80 games of elite play per season.  More like 60 games of really really good play.  Which is enough to contend with if you get secondary and tertiary stars.  But his days of annually dragging sketchy teams to 50 wins and conference finals berths are over.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm not surprised that the Lakers are struggling but I am surprised that this season was the beginning of the end for LeBron.

He's going to play out another 4 or 5 seasons, but he's no longer invincible and able to give you 80 games of elite play per season.  More like 60 games of really really good play.  Which is enough to contend with if you get secondary and tertiary stars.  But his days of annually dragging sketchy teams to 50 wins and conference finals berths are over.

Million dollar question now is... If you're AD, do you hitch your wagon to this inevitability, or do you explore other options.

I thought LeBron would've worked best in a place like Utah, but that was obviously never a reality. He's gonna have to eat this season at least.

52 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Million dollar question now is... If you're AD, do you hitch your wagon to this inevitability, or do you explore other options.

I thought LeBron would've worked best in a place like Utah, but that was obviously never a reality. He's gonna have to eat this season at least.

A lot depends on what Durant and Kawhi Leonard do.  AD and Lebron in LA won’t beat the current super teams in the league, imo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If I'm an NBA superstar who is a free agent and entering my prime, Milwaukee is where I'm trying to go.

Give Budenholzer some true starpower and look what happens.

Not only are they winning, they look like they have fun doing it.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

53 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Give Budenholzer some true starpower and look what happens.

Not only are they winning, they look like they have fun doing it.

I don’t think the playoffs will be kind to them though.  They might be a better regular season team than the 76ers or Celtics, but those teams bring a lot of star power into series play where it matters more.  

If they add Kawhi or Durant, they will be scary.  If Lebron had gone there, they’d be favorites to make the finals right now.  But Lebron would be trying to get Budenholzer fired, because he seems to only want to play for hand picked coaches.  

LeBron is getting what he deserves by insisting on doing it his way. I'll never be able to look at him as better them Jordan because at least Jordan realized he could win more rings with Phil Jackson and his way then without him, a HOF coach.  

10 hours ago, Destino said:

I don’t think the playoffs will be kind to them though.  They might be a better regular season team than the 76ers or Celtics, but those teams bring a lot of star power into series play where it matters more.  

If they add Kawhi or Durant, they will be scary.  If Lebron had gone there, they’d be favorites to make the finals right now.  But Lebron would be trying to get Budenholzer fired, because he seems to only want to play for hand picked coaches.  

I do admit that while teams like Milwaukee and Toronto have the regular season edge, it's harder to envision them winning in a gut check series when you know all you have to do is minimize Kawhi/Giannis.

Philly intrigues me because while their bench isn't as good as others, they have the ability now to basically blitz anyone not named GS off the court at any moment. Boston too  (despite them seemingly on the verge of some Crimson Tide level mutiny).

If they get it together (or Big Bad Brad goes into self preservation mode and scraps this current experiment for a playoff mode lineup) I still would not bet against them.

Edited by Mr. Sinister