Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It's a basketball HoF.  It includes all pro leagues and NCAA contributions.  Ppl like Arvydas Sabonis and Oscar Schmidt are in despite minimal impact on the NBA.  Grant Hill's NCAA career helped get him in despite having a fairly short NCAA peak.  Hardens peak is higher, comparable to the best three year peak of anyone.  This is basically the third year in a row where he is the league's best offensive player and he's basically been top 2 or top 3 in MVP voting the three previous seasons, including one win.  And he will be again for this season.

There's a college basketball HoF in Kansas City....that's where the college stars should have their spotlight....like Laettner and Grant Hill

• Thanks 1

Not sure how much college accolades help guys get into the hall.  I think if you're a college lifer as a coach, obviously...but there's a reason why Christian Laettner, Ralph Sampson, Wayman Tisdale, etc. are not inducted in Springfield.  Dominance/impact in pro-leagues is where the bar is set.  I don't think Grant Hill's Duke career helped him one bit as far as getting inducted.  Without injury, he would have gone down as one of the all-time greats.  Same can be said of T-Mac. 

2 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Not sure how much college accolades help guys get into the hall.  I think if you're a college lifer as a coach, obviously...but there's a reason why Christian Laettner, Ralph Sampson, Wayman Tisdale, etc. are not inducted in Springfield.  Dominance/impact in pro-leagues is where the bar is set.  I don't think Grant Hill's Duke career helped him one bit as far as getting inducted.  Without injury, he would have gone down as one of the all-time greats.  Same can be said of T-Mac. 

It clearly takes more than a brilliant college career to get in, but it's definitely a factor.  Penny Hardaway, Kevin Johnson, and Shawn Kemp aren't in the Hall.  What separates them from Grant Hill?  The NCAA career.  I think Mitch Richmond's career at Kansas State helped get him in too as he was borderline like Hill.  If Kemp had starred in college instead of missing out on his NCAA career and jumping to the NBA before he was ready, I think he'd be in the Hall.

On 3/21/2019 at 12:05 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

It clearly takes more than a brilliant college career to get in, but it's definitely a factor.  Penny Hardaway, Kevin Johnson, and Shawn Kemp aren't in the Hall.  What separates them from Grant Hill?  The NCAA career.  I think Mitch Richmond's career at Kansas State helped get him in too as he was borderline like Hill.  If Kemp had starred in college instead of missing out on his NCAA career and jumping to the NBA before he was ready, I think he'd be in the Hall.

Man, NO ONE talks about Mitch Richomond's 2 years at KSU being a factor in him getting in the HOF.  Grant Hill is cut from that T-Mac cloth.  Both guys were on the trajectory to becoming all-time greats in the NBA until injuries took their toll.  This is why they got in.  Grant Hill's college accolades were irrelevant in the decision to induct him, IMO.  Same goes for Richmond.  If the college game weighed that heavily in the decision of those responsible for voting, we'd see guys like Danny Manning and Christian Laettner enshrined by now.  Yes, it's the basketball hall of fame, but unless you are a college coach, someone who had their pro career cut short by injury/death, made a global impact, or had an illustrious career overseas, you're not getting in on your college merits. 

I imagine the added weight is what contributed to the second break.

NBA is getting wrecked by these injuries, man. I'm still holding out hope that overall this will be the best field in at least 5 years, but Dipo and all the injuries if the last couple weeks is killing that hope.

Edited by Mr. Sinister