Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

15 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Good for Milwaukee even though it hurts to see the road not taken for a Wizards fan.  Instead we drafted Otto Porter and then eventually salary dumped him for trash and hired Scott Brooks.

It's a new day, Steve, let it go.

Btw, I agree with you that just because this has been a Dynasty dominated league doesn't mean that's the way it should be going forward.

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

For an athlete I bet it matters a lot. For me, getting my vision corrected changed everything. But it doesn't really mean he'll get even historically better. In fact it may be the same or slightly worse, if he relied on things besides vision, having a more natural feel for things on the court.

For me it's simply about what he was able to do before this.

Pretty much what I'm expecting from this, glad that worked out for you, though.  People like Steph can probably shot with their eyes closed, no BS.

Paul Westphal, Vlade Divac, and Sidney Moncrieff just got into the Hall of Fame.

Harden could retire today and be a 100% lock to make it first ballot.  Those guys weren't even remotely as good as Harden in any season.  Harden's sixth best season is better than any of their best.

If Vlade and Moncrieff can get in, then C-Webb should be in.

There is also no way that Paul Westphal gets in on just his playing career.  They consider your holistic contributions to basketball at the NCAA level and up.  His contributions after his playing days were over are what got him over the line.

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Paul Westphal, Vlade Divac, and Sidney Moncrieff just got into the Hall of Fame.

Harden could retire today and be a 100% lock to make it first ballot.  Those guys weren't even remotely as good as Harden in any season.  Harden's sixth best season is better than any of their best.

If Vlade and Moncrieff can get in, then C-Webb should be in.

There is also no way that Paul Westphal gets in on just his playing career.  They consider your holistic contributions to basketball at the NCAA level and up.  His contributions after his playing days were over are what got him over the line.

Sidney Moncrieff is one of the top few defensive guards in the history of the NBA, and he was a good offensive player too.  The DPOY award was created for him.

If you don't put him in the HOF, you are saying perimeter defense does not matter.

Moncrieff > Allen Iverson

As someone who has always hated Pubic Patch Pierce, I thoroughly enjoyed this. There is a version on Twitter where the put they Sound of Silence in the background while Jalen is giving him the business.

Beadle with her “that’s rough” and “that’s too bad” in the back is just the icing on the cake. No doubt Pierce needed a wheelchair to get off set after this 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyway — on the morning I found out that Thabo had been arrested, want to know what my first thought was? About my friend and teammate? My first thought was: What was Thabo doing out at a club on a back-to-back??

Yeah. Not, How’s he doing? Not, What happened during the arrest?? Not, Something seems off with this story. Nothing like that. Before I knew the full story, and before I’d even had the chance to talk to Thabo….. I sort of blamed Thabo.

I thought, Well, if I’d been in Thabo’s shoes, out at a club late at night, the police wouldn’t have arrested me. Not unless I was doing something wrong.

Cringe.

It’s not like it was a conscious thought. It was pure reflex — the first thing to pop into my head.

And I was worried about him, no doubt.

But still. Cringe.

A few months later, a jury found Thabo not guilty on all charges. He settled with the city over the NYPD’s use of force against him. And then the story just sort of….. disappeared. It fell away from the news. Thabo had surgery and went through rehab. Pretty soon, another NBA season began — and we were back on the court again.

Life went on.

But I still couldn’t shake my discomfort.

I mean, I hadn’t been involved in the incident. I hadn’t even been there. So why did I feel like I’d let my friend down?

Why did I feel like I’d let myself down?

Read More: The Player's Tribute with Kyle Korver

• Like 1

Two concepts that I’ve been thinking about a lot lately are guilt and responsibility.

When it comes to racism in America, I think that guilt and responsibility tend to be seen as more or less the same thing. But I’m beginning to understand how there’s a real difference.

As white people, are we guilty of the sins of our forefathers? No, I don’t think so.

But are we responsible for them? Yes, I believe we are.

And I guess I’ve come to realize that when we talk about solutions to systemic racism — police reform, workplace diversity, affirmative action, better access to healthcare, even reparations? It’s not about guilt. It’s not about pointing fingers, or passing blame.

It’s about responsibility. It’s about understanding that when we’ve said the word “equality,” for generations, what we’ve really meant is equality for a certain group of people. It’s about understanding that when we’ve said the word “inequality,” for generations, what we’ve really meant is slavery, and its aftermath — which is still being felt to this day. It’s about understanding on a fundamental level that black people and white people, they still have it different in America. And that those differences come from an ugly history….. not some random divide.

And it’s about understanding that Black Lives Matter, and movements like it, matter, because — well, let’s face it: I probably would’ve been safe on the street that one night in New York. And Thabo wasn’t. And I was safe on the court that one night in Utah. And Russell wasn’t.

I think there needs to be more active in his article, and more of attempting to overthrow this disease than just sitting and listening, but I really dug this article.

• Like 1