Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

9 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Gotta imagine its worse for a big man

I find that as i've gotten older, i have no desire to view those kinds of injuries

Yeah it’s been hard to watch ever since I saw Marcus Lattimore kick himself in the face at South Carolina. That was enough for me 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

10 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

So if a 34 going on 52 years old LeBron James can't pull a second star or lead a team to the playoffs on his own anymore, but he can still detonate a young locker room, WTF are the Lakers going to do?

05onfire1_xp-articleLarge-v2.jpg?quality

They have this summer to make things right, or there will be a ton of soul searching going on. Jim Buss being forced to step away, Magic/Pelinka being hired, etc. It'll all start to look very bad.

Also, I mean it had to be done (for Russell at least), but Russell and Fox are killing it this year.  Great look  at what could have been

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

lance stepped on his foot, kinda negates the effect

Seriously, it negates every “ooohhhh” that happened. They have the video on ESPN with some line of Stephenson shakes Jeff Green. Um, no. He stepped on the dudes foot. 

49 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

So if a 34 going on 52 years old LeBron James can't pull a second star or lead a team to the playoffs on his own anymore, but he can still detonate a young locker room, WTF are the Lakers going to do?

Make a bad trade to bring a close to second star in while gutting their roster.

Edited by Hersh

On 3/20/2019 at 8:58 PM, RonArtest15 said:

Not sure how much college accolades help guys get into the hall.  I think if you're a college lifer as a coach, obviously...but there's a reason why Christian Laettner, Ralph Sampson, Wayman Tisdale, etc. are not inducted in Springfield.  Dominance/impact in pro-leagues is where the bar is set.  I don't think Grant Hill's Duke career helped him one bit as far as getting inducted.  Without injury, he would have gone down as one of the all-time greats.  Same can be said of T-Mac. 

Ralph Sampson is in the HOF.

On 3/21/2019 at 12:05 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

It clearly takes more than a brilliant college career to get in, but it's definitely a factor.  Penny Hardaway, Kevin Johnson, and Shawn Kemp aren't in the Hall.  What separates them from Grant Hill?  The NCAA career.  I think Mitch Richmond's career at Kansas State helped get him in too as he was borderline like Hill.  If Kemp had starred in college instead of missing out on his NCAA career and jumping to the NBA before he was ready, I think he'd be in the Hall.

Grant Hill was better than Shawn Kemp and Penny Hardaway for a longer period of time. He is just one off the all nba appearances than those two combined and he played 17 years.

No one remembers Mitch Richmond’s college career.

A better argument is Chris Webber’s college experience is keeping him out the HOF.

I knew that kid could play.  I'd been begging the Wizards to trade for him for two years.  I hate the Wizards front office so much.

Magic is in way over his head.  To date, have their been any other All Timers aside from Bird and West who've actually made good GMs?  Jordan, Zeke, McHale, Unseld, now Magic--all putrid GMs.

I'm not sure being a good former player is a positive recommendation for the job.  Better to hire nerds who were scouts and agents and climbed their way up the management side.

18 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I knew that kid could play.  I'd been begging the Wizards to trade for him for two years.  I hate the Wizards front office so much.

Magic is in way over his head.  To date, have their been any other All Timers aside from Bird and West who've actually made good GMs?  Jordan, Zeke, McHale, Unseld, now Magic--all putrid GMs.

I'm not sure being a good former player is a positive recommendation for the job.  Better to hire nerds who were scouts and agents and climbed their way up the management side.

I truly wonder what possessed them to draft Lonzo Ball. Could've had Russell and Fox as their foundation.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

15 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Ralph Sampson is in the HOF.

Grant Hill was better than Shawn Kemp and Penny Hardaway for a longer period of time. He is just one off the all nba appearances than those two combined and he played 17 years.

No one remembers Mitch Richmond’s college career.

A better argument is Chris Webber’s college experience is keeping him out the HOF.

I stand corrected on Ralph Sampson...had no clue he was in the HOF, but my overall point still remains.

*edit*

At some point, we gotta have a discussion about how Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka have ruined the lakers.  Gonna be something when no marquee FAs decide to sign with the Lakers.  They're gonna be stuck with a rapidly declining Lebron and a divided locker room because the young guys CLEARLY know what's up. 

Edited by RonArtest15

You can’t judge lebron or the lakers until after this offseason. This was a always throwaway season and everybody knew it from the start. Lebron was gonna coast for a year with the young guys while GS rolled to another title, recharge the batteries and make a push the final 3 years. 

They messed up everyone’s expectations by trying to trade for Davis mid-season which would have bumped that timeline up. It was always gonna be about this off-season tho. We will see what happens

lebron been airing FTs his entire career. That isn’t new. Also feels like everybody has this conversation each place he’s been. Lebron is always backstabbing and running things into the ground and his teammates either adore him or despise him and he hates his coach etc but it always seems to work out for the guy. 

Now the lakers management is all kinds of ****ed up so maybe that is what finally trips him up but I don’t really see anything this year that makes me change what I think will happen. He will get another guy and build a contender which will coincide with the warriors taking a step back after losing Durant and draymond dying 6 months ago. He may not win another but he will be a contender 

Everyone most certainly did not know this was a throw away season from the start.  In fact, mid way through the season the talk was of a Lebron earning mvp consideration by getting the sorry Lakers to the playoffs in the west.  No one, and I mean absolutely no one, was predicting the Lakers would essentially have the same record as the previous year.  Injuries were a factor, but Lebron played the vast majority of the season.... and was out there for “playoff mode” when his team death spiraled.  

This season was a huge let down for the Lakers and the national basketball media that gets all dreamy eyed when talking about them.  I almost feel bad for them.

Unrelated:  Giannis is the mvp.  Harden put up nice numbers but Giannis lead the Bucks to the best record in the nba.  Winning matters, especially for an award that often is defined as “the best player on the best team.”   

• Like 2

They were suppose to make the playoffs at least. After Lebron returned they looked terrible. That’s the worse part about it. Injuries took their toll but LeBron should have been able to take a laker minus Lonzo team to the playoffs. They completely fell apart. 

Magic traded away their best center in Zubac. They traded for muscla who is ass af. KCP is a terrible signing that Magic made as well. Magic could have drafted someone else other Lonzo but trading of Russel was the worst move. Gave up way too soon and for what so they could dump Mozgov salary? Magic also failed to sign PG13 which was pretty much a guarantee. They failed to trade for Anthony Davis. Also, rumors are saying the lakers are looking at Jason Kidd, who is absolutely a terrible coach. 

Yeah they were supposed to make the playoffs and failed. A large part of that was the Lebron injruy and then the failed trade that blew up their team. 

You can’t tell me anyone thought the lakers would do anything serious prior to this season. This was the year for Lebron to take nights off and relax and cruise. I still thought they’d make the playoffs but they were never getting past golden state. Lebron knew that. He willingly gave up his streak this year choosing LA knowing it wouldn’t be fixed year 1. They jumped on davis when he tried to force the situation but otherwise this always going to be a long game they were playing. 

I said the same when the trade went down and then again when they didn’t get Kawhi. Yeah I’m sure it’s worse than Lebron thought, This was a decent young exciting team last year. But I don’t see anything that changes their outlook from where it was when they first signed Lebron. This season played out slightly worse than expected due to unforeseen events. 

That’s about it. Lots of overreactions 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

10 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Why not? Cause he ratted out Swaggy P? Nick Young is an idiot and a terrible player. 

Yes

Everything you said about Young is true. That said, nobody is trying to be in a lockkerroom with someone recording conversations and putting them out for public consumption

I'm sure Russell has grown from that, but i'm also sure everybody talks around him as tho he's wearing a wire

• Thanks 1

I've watched clips of the last 25 seconds and there are multiple things:
Warriors upset by KD not given shooting foul/continuation.
Wolves player getting fouled on 3 with no call, comes back down and undercutting Curry, no call.
Curry draining 3 then running down and multiple Warriors taunting ref (deserved a T).
End game lob to KAT, not much of a chance for him to catch, Durant gets called for the foul.

5 years ago, I didn't realize how much we would hate these Warriors