Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

9 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Is Elfrid Payton coming into his own?  Or is this just a random hot streak?

All he had to do was saw off that pride rock looking ass haircut and he's a basketball God.  I thought you was supposed to lose your power when you do that.🧐

Edited by Renegade7

4 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

James Harden is so crafty.  Dude is an all-time great. 

he looks like he's moving in slow motion at times, then you get that sudden burst

underrated part of his game is his willingness to listen. I was watching a video on youtube where one of the former And-1 streetballers was showing Harden one of his moves. Harden didn't big time the dude or anything, but paid attention like he was seriously gonna try to add it to his game. A man with 9 figures in his bank account and a future HOF was willing to listen to a streetballer

• Like 2

I think @stevemcqueen1 already covered this, but whatever...

Harden is a physical freak. A unicorn.

Fast. Smart. Football thick, shoulders and thighs. Extra-durable. Jumper is sweet, even off the dribble. Hits 90% from the line.  Able passer.  ****ing left-handed.  Better than Kobe.

Bend the knee.

Edited by TryTheBeal!

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

His wingspan is ridiculous too.  He's one of the most physically gifted SGs to come along since Jordan, there is really no excuse for his lousy defense. 

Another reason he’s not an all-time great.

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Another reason he’s not an all-time great. 

I disagree.  He's an All-Time great by virtue of being one of the best scorers ever and winning an MVP.  Plenty of sketchy defenders and guys who couldn't get a ring are on the list of All Time Greats because of their offensive genius and ability to carry teams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I disagree.  He's an All-Time great by virtue of being one of the best scorers ever and winning an MVP.  Plenty of sketchy defenders and guys who couldn't get a ring are on the list of All Time Greats because of their offensive genius and ability to carry teams.

Such as?

6 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Such as?

Charles Barkley, Nash, Nique, come to mind. 

22 minutes ago, Hersh said:

James Harden might be an all-time great if he ever doesn’t choke in the playoffs, in deciding games. 

I'm 100% convinced that with a healthy CP3, they win that game 7 vs. GS last year and win the championship.  We'll see what happens this year...but even with the playoff chokes, he's an all-time great.  Absolute LOCK for the HOF if he retired today. 

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Such as?

Elgin, Chuck, Gervin, Nash, Iverson, Dirk prior to 2011 (don't write off Harden doing the same).  Oscar didn't win anything in the postseason either until he got to ride Kareem's coattails as a significantly diminished player.  Same for Bob McAdoo before he got to ride Magic and Kareem's coattails with the Lakers.  There are a lot of other Hall of Famers who didn't win a ring or an MVP too.

18 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Charles Barkley, Nash, Nique, come to mind. 

I'm 100% convinced that with a healthy CP3, they win that game 7 vs. GS last year and win the championship.  We'll see what happens this year...but even with the playoff chokes, he's an all-time great.  Absolute LOCK for the HOF if he retired today. 

No way should he be a hall of famer if he retired today. Gotta have more longevity than that. At least that's my opinion. Not saying he won't be when he actually retires, but needs more years especially as someone considered a top player in the league. This goes to throwing around the word all-time greats way too easily. As with the Hall, he may certainly end up there, but he has had epic chokes in the playoffs and that is enough to make him not an all-time great YET. 

13 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Elgin, Chuck, Gervin, Nash, Iverson, Dirk prior to 2011 (don't write off Harden doing the same).  Oscar didn't win anything in the postseason either until he got to ride Kareem's coattails as a significantly diminished player.  Same for Bob McAdoo before he got to ride Magic and Kareem's coattails with the Lakers.  There are a lot of other Hall of Famers who didn't win a ring or an MVP too.

A lot of these guys named all made finals or won titles. Harden needs to get there. I would also argue that Nash is not an all-time player but I don't really care to argue that now. 

Are we defining all-time great as a hall of famer or the best of the hall of famers?

I can't really argue how good some of the older guys were defensively cause I'm not that old comparatively. 

Edited by Hersh

9 hours ago, Hersh said:

No way should he be a hall of famer if he retired today. Gotta have more longevity than that. At least that's my opinion. Not saying he won't be when he actually retires, but needs more years especially as someone considered a top player in the league. This goes to throwing around the word all-time greats way too easily. As with the Hall, he may certainly end up there, but he has had epic chokes in the playoffs and that is enough to make him not an all-time great YET. 

A lot of these guys named all made finals or won titles. Harden needs to get there. I would also argue that Nash is not an all-time player but I don't really care to argue that now. 

Are we defining all-time great as a hall of famer or the best of the hall of famers?

I can't really argue how good some of the older guys were defensively cause I'm not that old comparatively. 

Tracy McGrady is a HOFer with a less than stellar playoff resume.  Grant Hill also. Probably going to see Vince Carter inducted as well. So, based off of these three guys, yes, if Harden retired today for whatever the reason, he’s a 100% LOCK for the hall. 

Harden is a volume scorer. It takes him 25 shots to make 11 baskets. ...and he commits 10 offensive fouls in doing so (and travels 15 times too).

His patented step back four step gather and shuffle is a joke. He moves the pivot foot every time. Every time. But yeah his ppg and ft attempts are awesome.

17 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Harden is a volume scorer. It takes him 25 shots to make 11 baskets. ...and he commits 10 offensive fouls in doing so (and travels 15 times too).

His patented step back four step gather and shuffle is a joke. He moves the pivot foot every time. Every time. But yeah his ppg and ft attempts are awesome.

Dont forget the 8 assists per game.  And he’s 2nd in the league in steals.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Your hate has clouded your judgment

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Dont forget the 8 assists per game.  And he’s 2nd in the league in steals.

Which doesn't change the fact that Harden would foul out every game if his push off with forearm and/or his lowering his shoulder into stationary defender was called to the same standard as 5 or 10 years ago. Kudos for him for finding a loophole to exploit.

I did find it odd that he's 50th in +/-. Either Houston has been winning a lot of close games this year or his team has been ok without him on the court. 

Edit..and are we going to gloss over that he's taken 219 more shots than anyone in the league? I guess it's a good thing he only hits 43.5% of them because otherwise he'd turn the ball over I guess (he's a league leader there too).

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

I'm sure there are plenty of people that would take Harden as their 6th man if they were making a 5 man lineup of all-time greats, instant offense off the bench.  Huge fan of defense though, it makes a difference.

Jua for clarification, we can stop with the LeBron GOAT talk now, right, officially?  Someone brought up a good point that Jordan was damn near 40 by time my Wizards "broke him".  Is it true during timeouts LeBron sometimes sits by himself since he been in LA?

4 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Tracy McGrady is a HOFer with a less than stellar playoff resume.  Grant Hill also. Probably going to see Vince Carter inducted as well. So, based off of these three guys, yes, if Harden retired today for whatever the reason, he’s a 100% LOCK for the hall. 

Fair point. Apparently it’s too easy to get into the NBA hall of fame.

It's a basketball HoF.  It includes all pro leagues and NCAA contributions.  Ppl like Arvydas Sabonis and Oscar Schmidt are in despite minimal impact on the NBA.  Grant Hill's NCAA career helped get him in despite having a fairly short NCAA peak.  Hardens peak is higher, comparable to the best three year peak of anyone.  This is basically the third year in a row where he is the league's best offensive player and he's basically been top 2 or top 3 in MVP voting the three previous seasons, including one win.  And he will be again for this season.