Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

THis has always been Magic's thing. He came back as a player after his retirement and quit in a huff. He coached and then quit in a huff. He got Westphael fired back in the day, because he got into a snit.

The man is all snits and huffs.

Dont forget the talk show.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Never understood why Magic even took that job. He was living life as a big shot celeb for the last, what, 20 years? Why give up easy celebrity and awesome lifestyle for the grind that is being a pro sports GM? Ego I guess.

He wasn't exactly being the GM. I think Magic liked the "face of the franchise/dinner with free agent Lebron" part of the job. I don't think he ever intended to nor did he ever watch 20 hours of tape from some obscure league in Lithuania. I made the joke earlier that Jordan scouted NCAA players the same way I do. Watch the Final Four and choose your favorites. That's why he drafted Jeffries and Dixon in 2002. I doubt Magic did that much work.

Honestly, it would probably make sense for the Lakers, Dodgers, Rams, Chargers, Kings and City of LA to just name Magic as "Hollywood Ambassador" and pay him $2 million a year plus expenses to go to dinner once a week with a celebrity, rich white guy, or athlete of their collective choosing. Honestly, Magic Johnson probably means far more to a 50 year old IT exec than he does a 24 year old hoops player at this point. The only NBA player who saw prime Magic Johnson on tv and remembers it is Vince Carter.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

It's going to be amazing when the Lakers win the Lottery and get Zion.

It'll be a waste unless they find some organizational stability and hire a good GM.  A transcendent talent can't save you.  They've already proven that with LeBron.

You've got to have good management to compete.  The way they get back to being a first rate franchise is by hiring the right GM and building from there.  They've tried to take shortcuts to contention and it hasn't worked.

42 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If the Cavs or Lakers get Zion, **** will get real around here, lol

The Lakers are going to have a tiny chance of getting him.  If they do, c'est la vie.

But the Cavs are another story.  That franchise is a travesty, and if they get him, I'm going to be pissed.

Not going to feel good if the Suns get him either.

They should make a rule that, if you have a #1 pick, then the highest you pick for the next five years is three or four.

Zion is from Spartanburg, Charlotte winning the lottery confirmed.

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

Magic was 100% honest in his press conference. He's not President material. He couldn't fire Luke Walton. He didn't need that pressure. That's not him. He's optimistic... he thinks the young Lakers are on the right path.

I think he was honest in revealing he didn't give a **** about the job or the team.  Otherwise I think he's full of crap.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

God, that East bracket is such a snooze fest compared to what could've been.

The second round won't be, so long as there aren't any upsets (and I strongly doubt there will be).  The Bucks vs Celtics and Raptors vs 76ers is good basketball. 

Speaking of upsets, the West might produce a rare one in round one.  I wouldn't be shocked if the Thunder beat Portland.  Wouldn't be stunned if the Spurs beat the Nuggets either, though I think that is less likely.  Western conference definitely has the better first round. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

OKC vs rockets is set. What a fun match up. I favor rockets. 

eh?  ESPN standings have the Rockets in 4th place.  That puts them against the Jazz.

5 hours ago, Destino said:

The second round won't be, so long as there aren't any upsets (and I strongly doubt there will be).  The Bucks vs Celtics and Raptors vs 76ers is good basketball. 

Speaking of upsets, the West might produce a rare one in round one.  I wouldn't be shocked if the Thunder beat Portland.  Wouldn't be stunned if the Spurs beat the Nuggets either, though I think that is less likely.  Western conference definitely has the better first round. 

eh?  ESPN standings have the Rockets in 4th place.  That puts them against the Jazz.

Portland stole the 3rd spot. When I typed that. Portland was down like 10 to the Kings. 

10 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Im going to side with Divac on this. Joerger sabotaged his last job in Memphis and he apparently wants the Minnesota job again. He seems like a jerk.

He fired Karl to hire Joerger 3 years ago.

This is exactly a Skins situation in which the HC is never given the props for even reaching mediocrity. That alone is a step in the right direction for the Kings since they have been a 20's win team for almost an entire decade before.

From 2008-2015 they never won more than 28 games.  Now they get to 32, 27, and 39 win seasons...with a younger nucleus (7th youngest at the start of the season)..and you fire the coach? 

Edited by The Evil Genius

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

He fired Karl to hire Joerger 3 years ago.

This is exactly a Skins situation in which the HC is never given the props for even reaching mediocrity. That alone is a step in the right direction for the Kings since they have been a 20's win team for almost an entire decade before.

From 2008-2015 they never won more than 28 games.  Now they get to 32, 27, and 39 win seasons...with a younger nucleus (7th youngest at the start of the season)..and you fire the coach? 

My point is that Joerger doesnt seem like he is a good person to work with. That was the case in Memphis, and based on whats coming out in this situation, its happening again.

• Like 1