Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

#6 is iconic.  It's Bill Russell's number.  I like it.

I think it is interesting that LeBron chose to wear Jordan's and Russell's numbers.  The two greatest ever.  But I wish he had picked a totally different one and made it his own.  13, 6, and 23 all belong to one guy.  1 and 3 are associated with several great guards.  32, 33, and 34 are kind of catch all star forward and center numbers.  LeBron should have worn something different from all of those.

Dr J says, "what's up?"

Basketball reference is an amazing compendium.  Interested in seeing every player who ever wore a number?  Boom: http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/numbers.cgi?number=6&year=

Look at how unimpressive #26 is.  That's the number LeBron should have picked.  Would have made it an iconic number.

Dr J says, "what's up?"

Still Russell's number.

Basketball reference is an amazing compendium.  Interested in seeing every player who ever wore a number?  Boom: http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/numbers.cgi?number=6&year=

Look at how unimpressive #26 is.  That's the number LeBron should have picked.  Would have made it an iconic number.

Still Russell's number.

Saw the NBA Reddit talking about this the other day. Discussion among the mature adults there immediately went to why no player has ever chosen to wear the number 69.

OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

http://instagram.com/p/rAhSz3Rh3R/

https://vine.co/v/M0LJAAthnl7

THE INTERNETZ ARE GOING CRAY

Seriously, though...he's not tricking me again. I'll have to see it in October

Hang in there buddy. Hope it's legit, would love to see a Bulls, Cava showdown next year with Rose at full speed. He still owes Lebron for 2010

No surprise that courts have ruled that Sterling has no control of his team. Just give it to Ballmer already. The lad deserves a shot at fielding a competitive club

So if he has Alzheimer's, and thus can be kept from making business decisions, did that disease play a role in his bizarre racist statements and that weird interview he did afterwards?

So if he has Alzheimer's, and thus can be kept from making business decisions, did that disease play a role in his bizarre racist statements and that weird interview he did afterwards?

That is quite the post.

I agree that he has potentially opened a loophole.

Interesting indeed.

Eh. My experience, that wasn't alzheimers. That was just a piece of **** being a piece of ****.

There is no loophole. Even if he is declared unstable etc and he tries to argue it back to excuse his comments he won't have a case.

His comments have started a reaction causing huge potential financial ramifications that won't be ignored or lost in a loophole.

The money is the problem and it's why the NBA has taken such swift action. His comments, whether through mental instability or not, hurt the NBA brand and that's why he won't continue as an owner

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

How can Alzheimer's make you racist? They were still his personal thoughts, regardless if he was competent enough to realize V.Stivano wasn't trustworthy.

PGs: Curry, Lillard, Rose, Irving, Wall

SGs: Harden, DeRozan, Beal, Thompson

SFs: Durant, Korver, Parsons, Hayward, George

PFs: Davis, Faried

Cs: Cousins, Drummond

Love took himself out of the running I guess and Blake Griffin has a back injury.

Derrick Rose is the big question mark.  If he's not good to go, I'd go with:

PG: Curry, Wall, Lillard, Irving

SG: Harden, Beal, Thompson

SF: Durant, George

PF: Davis,

C: Cousins, Drummond

If he's good, then I'd drop Irving for him.

Why four point guards?

Also, does anyone besides Bill Simmons care about this tournament?

Starters:

G Curry

G Thompson

SF George

PF Durant

C Davis

That's not the five best players and two of those dudes are out of position. But that's a devastating international lineup. Durant played the 4 all through 2010 and was unstoppable.

Bench

Lillard

Rose

Harden

Cousins

Drummond

Parsons

Irving or Wall

Two things tend to hurt US teams in international play: fouls on big men and shooting. This team is loaded with shooting. Davis should be a devastating international 5, but he could get in foul trouble. Hence, I bring both Cousins and Drummond, because I'm not going to be stuck playing Spain with Durant at the 5.

Wall.....On the one hand....he plays at a speed international players aren't used to. On the other hand, your PG has to shoot in international ball, and....well......I dunno. I think Irving's game may fit this better, but who knows?

And I'm including Parsons because his game seems really well suited for international ball. Besides, he's not going to play much and these guys need someone to arrange the orgies back at the hotel.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

Four PGs because the PGs are most of my best players.  Irving, Lillard, and Curry could each play SG, and Wall can defend the opposing SG.

Thompson and Harden can easily play up at SF too.

Drummond is a mystery too.  How much does that dude actually know how to play basketball?  Does he really know what he's doing on defense?  Eh.  And if any big is going to be a fouling machine, it'll be him.  But yeah, I don't want to play Spain with just Davis and Cousins.  Tough call, but if the 12th roster spot is between Drummond and Wall or Irving, I probably go with Wall and Irving since they're better overall players.

I wouldn't take Parsons.  He's a credible option at PF, but in my mind, he's competing with Beal and Thompson for the same spot.  And I probably go with Thompson because he can actually defend and we've got to have at least a couple players that can do it.

Wall's shot is a weakness compared to the other guards, but aside from Paul George, Wall is the only guy in the camp who brings a pass first + defense package of skills to the table.  There is no LeBron on this team.  Might not be a quality Rose.    George can't be our only facilitator and perimeter defender.

You are really putting no premium on defense at the guard spots, are you? Or on rebounding anywhere?

I also don't understand why you would take both Curry and Thompson and not play them together?

Finally, I know you are captain of the John Wall Bandwagon, but the dude has never played in an all-star game or an international game. And you are considering starting him?

I can see value in having Wall in international games. But it's as a guy off the bench to push the pace into ridiculous levels. And it's being surrounded with shooters....not Davis and Cousins.

I would play Wall five minutes a half with

Thompson

Parsons

Durant (who is playing every minute of every game for me)

Davis

Just drive and kick teams to death for a few minutes and see what happens. (I like Parsons on this team, because he's a good spot up guy who can also punish defenders who run at him by blowing by and finishing at the rim. I've always felt Carmelo was unguardable in International Play for this reason. Parsons can do a poor man's impression of that).

Ok, you could take Thompson and play him with Curry, but then what do you do with Harden?  Leave him home?  The guy can't play defense and he's not a shooter on par with any of the the other guards outside Wall.  He's a playmaker, but not a better one than Wall, and Wall is a solid defender.  Curry and Thompson starting together constitutes more shooting than I need with my starters.  Harden is a waste with Wall, but makes sense with Curry because he can let Curry work off the ball.

Also, you know Wall made the AS game this year?

The reason I bring Wall and play him is because he's a flat out better player than Lillard, Irving, and probably Rose.  He's my second or third best guard in camp.

And if you're worried about defense at the guard spots, play Wall.  He's the only PG there who isn't a sieve.

Rebounding would be fine.  Our small lineups are still big by the standards of international competition.  George and Durant are 6'10 and 6'11.  Both are terrific rebounders.  Cousins is an elite rebounder.  Davis is an outstanding rebounder.  And Wall, Beal, Harden are all good rebounders for perimeter players too.

A Wall, Irving, Beal/Thompson, Durant, Cousins would have plenty of shooting because the 2, 3, and 4 are all elite outside shooters.  If I bring Wall, I play him with Cousins.  Those two have incredible chemistry with each other.  If you play them significant minutes together, and with a bunch of outside shooters around them, Cousins could lead the team in scoring and Wall could average 15 assists per game.