Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Howard will never be the best center until he gets better footwork.

Most dominant sure, best nope.

I don't understand the distinction that you're making.

The basketball world believes Howard is already the best center and he's been the best center since he was 21 or 22 years old. Most of the past seven seasons there hasn't even been a legitimate challenger to him.

Harden said he’s looking forward to playing for the US at the World Cup. Training camp begins Monday. As for the Rockets’ future, Harden said he’s not worried that Jeremy Lin has left for the Los Angeles Lakers and Chandler Parsons for the Dallas Mavericks. “Dwight (Howard) and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets,” said Harden. “The rest of the guys are role players or pieces that complete our team. We’ve lost some pieces and added some pieces. I think we’ll be fine next season.”

http://www.philstar.com/sports/2014/07/24/1349730/harden-says-phl-gilas-could-play-spurs

Only role players defend the baseline.

ku-xlarge.gif

• Like 1

Howard will never be the best center until he gets better footwork.

Most dominant sure, best nope.

nah, he the best.

Just not an all time great like most other "best center in this era" types are.

If he played in the 90s, he is no better than Brad Daugherty or Alonzo Mournin.

Love is good. He's really good, but there is NO WAY! he's in the top 5. Come on now. 

Lebron, KD, CP3, Westbrook, Kobe, Dirk, Dwight, Paul George, Tony Parker, Lamarcus Alridge, Derrick Rose, Al Jefferson,

I'll take all of them before I take Love. It's a reason he hasn't taken Minnesota to the playoffs. And I don't want to hear the, "the west is so tough" excuse. Phoenix almost made it this year and they were led by Dragic and Bledsoe. And Bledsoe missed like 1/2 the season and they STILL almost got in because when he and Dragic were together they had the Suns rolling. 

Since Love came into the NBA T-Wolves have averaged 25 1/2 wins per-season. There is NO WAY! that a top 5 player is winning games at that rate. 

If you think Aldridge only had one great season, I can't talk basketball with you anymore lol

Last year you could make a case he was as good as Love. But I'm not going to put him ahead of Love, off just last year.

Btw, you are the same guy that just had Kobe and Rose in top 5 "now". Two guys that barely saw the court last year lol. Nice going!

Thinking about it, the Central division is going to be brutal this season. Chicago, Indy, and Cleveland all look pretty good now, 50 win teams. Detroit has good players, and is knocking on the door of being a playoff team. Maybe Van Gundy gets them over the hump.

The Bucks are the team I don't get. Why are they so intent on trading all their players? They actually have good players. Now that they've got Parker and Greek Freak, they have foundation players that will make everything else click into place. I get wanting to trade OJ Mayo and even Ersan Ilyasova. But you need a Larry Sanders at C if you've got Parker at PF. And John Henson can play. Him off the bench with a starting line up of Greek Freak, Parker, and Sanders is a front court. Pachulia on the bench too for bruising size. The group makes sense.

All they need is guards and time to cohere, both of which are obtainable. So why are they trying to blow it all up? They tanked and got their franchise player in one year. They don't need to be ****ing around with the lottery any more and risk becoming the next Sacramento Kings.

The Central teams are going to beat up on each other. I could see the Raptors getting the 1 seed as a result.

MLS on point.

Love is not Robin. He won't be. Nor will he lead.

LeBron has a chance to build a team full of top young talent.

He should take advantage of it and tell Love to speed on.

Aldridge is better than Love.

Healthy Kobe and Rose are so much better than Love, but that is a we'll see type of thing.

I'd take Anthony Davis over Love right now.  I do, however, think Love is a top 10-15 player in the league.

I'd take Griffin over Love too. I'd take Davis over him long term, but it'd be close if you're talking about immediate short term. Davis still has a LOT of growing to do, which is good and bad. Bad in that he's not ready to be "the guy" on a great team yet, but good in that his ceiling is so ridiculously high that he can still grow by leaps and bounds despite how good he already is.

You take Dirk over Love also if you're talking about an immediate short term window. Like two years or so.

And I think you have to consider taking Aldridge over Love too. Aldridge has proven you can build a 50 win team around him as the guy and he has proven he is a big game guy. Like Dirk, he's an absolute beast of a playoff performer. Love's leadership and ability to be "the guy" for a good team is sketchy, and we just don't know what Love is like in meaningful games because we've never seen him in one.

That said, Griffin is a top five player and Dirk and Aldridge are top ten players IMO, so Love is probably still a top ten player even if he's behind them.

PF is ridiculously stacked in the West. If Love or Aldridge were in the East, they would have been the starting PF on the East's team every year.

You could argue that Aldridge is better than love just because he a better defender.

He's not a great defender, I think his feet are slow, much like Love's. But I agree, he is a better defender. He's got crazy length. He has the body to credibly play center.

Aldridge is kind of an odd fit on such a break neck team in Portland. He's not a burner and he has a deliberate, intermediate area half court offensive game. On a slow paced half court team with a great defensive center, Aldridge would be a much better defensive player IMO.

Last year you could make a case he was as good as Love. But I'm not going to put him ahead of Love, off just last year.

Btw, you are the same guy that just had Kobe and Rose in top 5 "now". Two guys that barely saw the court last year lol. Nice going!

I didn't have them in the top 5, I had them as players I would take over Love right now. 

What makes this Love debate pointless is his defense. That alone keeps him out of the top 5,and possibly out of the top 10, 

Dang, I forgot all about Griffin. I meant to put him, but accidently posted it. Completely forgot to add him lol

The Central teams are going to beat up on each other. I could see the Raptors getting the 1 seed as a result.

Isn't Miami better on paper right now than Toronto?

It would be pretty amazing if Miami got a top seed.

Bosh

Wade

Deng

Chalmers

Cole

Granger

McRoberts

Anderson

Napier

I've seen much worse rosters get a 3 seed.

Isn't Miami better on paper right now than Toronto?

It would be pretty amazing if Miami got a top seed.

Bosh

Wade

Deng

Chalmers

Cole

Granger

McRoberts

Anderson

Napier

I've seen much worse rosters get a 3 seed.

Depends on how much Bosh, Wade, and Deng have left in the tank.

I think that team will defend well. But I see them having trouble scoring. Chalmers is a dog. Napier is a dog. Granger is a dog. Cole is meh. Wade is going to miss time. Deng had that wrist injury that messed up his shot and has a lingering Achilles injury, you wonder how much he's got left. McRoberts is good, but not that far removed from being a journeyman bench player. Birdman is old. I think Bosh is declining.

They're going to have a harder time resting the older guys this season. If injury stuff breaks their way, they could be a solid team that will win a lot of games and is frisky in the playoffs, kind of like the end of the big 3 era in Boston. But I could also see them getting hammered by injuries and being completely unable to cope.

This team doesn't really have a future to work toward. What they're looking at is a few years of muddling around in the middle of the conference, without a legit chance at contention, similar to Boston. Then as they've gotten the last out of Wade, he'll retire, and they'll go into the tank.

Also, the South East is getting better around Miami. Orlando won't stay bad forever, the Wizards are getting good, and Charlotte and Atlanta are overachieving teams that make themselves tough to beat.

Toronto doesn't seem like they've got the ceiling of a true contender either, but they are still somewhat young and they are well coached overachievers too. Mainly, the Atlantic division is a friggin mess without any other legitimate teams in it right now. They could get 16 wins alone against the Knicks, 76ers, and Celtics.

Anthony Davis is so underrated.

I don't know, Davis is widely considered one of the best and most promising young players in the game. He was a no brainer #1 pick a la Tim Duncan. He put up crazy numbers this season and got a lot of attention for it. I don't think he's flying under the radar at all.