Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Giannis and Middleton have been in Milwaukee the whole time and Middleton was a 2nd round pick.  I guess if people want to say the addition of Holiday makes them a superteam, fine.  But Giannis didn't run around like LeBron and KD chasing titles...he was absolutely right, he could go anywhere and win a ring.  But he did it in a place that took a chance on him, drafted him and embraced him.  LeBron can't say that, KD can't say that.  

and at the end of the day Giannis will probably finish with 1 ring if he stays there because Middleton and Holiday aren’t those guys and they effectively put a cap on his ceiling for as long as they are there. Unless he gets a true star to pair with in Milwaukee, which will be difficult, he will most likely need to leave to get more rings. 

16 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

and at the end of the day Giannis will probably finish with 1 ring if he stays there because Middleton and Holiday aren’t those guys and they effectively put a cap on his ceiling for as long as they are there. Unless he gets a true star to pair with in Milwaukee, which will be difficult, he will most likely need to leave to get more rings. 

I'm not sure if it'll be difficult or not.  And I think Middleton is a bit underrated, he's a two time all-star.  No, he or Holiday aren't future Hall of Famers but they're still very capable players.

As long as they have Giannis, they'll be competitive.  They've shown that they're willing to spend money.  Their stadium is state of the art.  I think recruiting for them might not be as hard as you'd expect.  Players might like to play with a guy like that, in a stadium like that.  

3 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I got nothing against LeBron hunting rings. Winning a title takes a lot of luck. To say Giannis ring is more organic is meaningless. 

It's a far more impressive achievement than the two rings KD won.  He's a greater player and far greater competitor.

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It's a far more impressive achievement than the two rings KD won.  He's a greater player and far greater competitor.

I dunno if he's a greater player.  KD separates himself in the sense that he can be lethal from 3.  

Greater competitor?  Absolutely.  

The Bucks can contend for the next 2-3 years with current roster then get a new supporting cast around Giannis when he's 29-30. His game probably hasn't peaked yet as he is only 26. They have a bright future and even if he only wins one, he's a legend already. And did I mention he is only 26. 

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I dunno if he's a greater player.  KD separates himself in the sense that he can be lethal from 3.  

Greater competitor?  Absolutely.  

I stand by the claim.  Who needs to shoot threes when you can get to the rim and dunk it on anybody whenever you want?  He's basically a Shaq-level dominant volume scorer in the paint, except that he uses a face up game as much as a back to basket to get to the rim.  And he is a way better defensive player and rebounder than Durant.  He is more individually dominant, which to me is evidenced by his ability to carry a group of role players to a title--beating the latest super team that Durant tried to form up on the way.  Plus he's got two MVPs to Durant's one, and a DPOY.  When you reach the stature of player that those two have, big achievements like that matter IMO.

I think Giannis goes down as the second greatest player of the era behind LeBron.  IMO Durant is jockeying with Curry and Leonard for third.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I stand by the claim.  Who needs to shoot threes when you can get to the rim and dunk it on anybody whenever you want?  He's basically a Shaq-level dominant volume scorer in the paint, except that he uses a face up game as much as a back to basket to get to the rim.  And he is a way better defensive player and rebounder than Durant.  He is more individually dominant, which to me is evidenced by his ability to carry a group of role players to a title--beating the latest super team that Durant tried to form up on the way.  Plus he's got two MVPs to Durant's one, and a DPOY.  When you reach the stature of player that those two have, big achievements like that matter IMO.

I think Giannis goes down as the second greatest player of the era behind LeBron.  IMO Durant is jockeying with Curry and Leonard for third.

I don't disagree with some of your points.  But while he hasn't partnered with another future Hall of Famer, Middleton and Holiday are a bit more than roleplayers.

I also hate the argument (and I'm about to make it) that he beat the latest super team that Durant tried to form.  I think you'd agree that the Nets, with a healthy Harden and Irving would have beaten this Bucks team.  

That said, he stepped up when it counted and got the win.  In 15 years people aren't going to remember that the Nets were banged up.

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Amazing must watch.
https://streamable.com/4bpiuv

He knows what's up, half sprite/half lemonade is a great mix.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't disagree with some of your points.  But while he hasn't partnered with another future Hall of Famer, Middleton and Holiday are a bit more than roleplayers.

I also hate the argument (and I'm about to make it) that he beat the latest super team that Durant tried to form.  I think you'd agree that the Nets, with a healthy Harden and Irving would have beaten this Bucks team.  

I think they are glorified role players.  Middleton is something a little more but at the end of the day, you are as likely to get a 13 points on 20 shots performance from him as you are a Kobe Bryant-esque scoring performance.  To me, the difference between him and a Danilo Gallinari type of career is that he got to play with Giannis, who almost singlehandedly elevated that team into contention.  Solid volume scoring chuckers and bad shot makers like Middleton are fairly common in the league and often populate the late lotto teams mostly, and only make a real impact when they end up on good teams.

I think Holiday is just an expensive but very high quality role player.  He's everything you want in a role playing PG when you have a ball dominant forward.  Defense, secondary play making, transition work, and open shot making.  But a player like him would be anonymous on a regular roster.

Everyone got banged up in this postseason, including Giannis.  Plus you have to bake injuries into the projection if you build a super team with Kyrie Irving.

3 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Amazing must watch.
https://streamable.com/4bpiuv

Kids these days are so used to being on camera.  When I was that girls age I’d have panicked upon learning suddenly, while at work, that 150,000 people were watching me.  She just hits a practiced smile and proceeds like this **** happens everyday.  

EnT6XHV.gif

“not 49, not 51. Chicken minis, yes? 50!”  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Chickfila needs to hurry up and trademark that half lemonade/half sprite drink as Giannis Guice

pretty sure the Coca Cola company is already running tests. Dude is gonna get a lot of endorsements quick if he wants. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 6:19 PM, Hersh said:

It’s good for the league that Giannis stayed in Milwaukee. I hope he wins a championship there.

I’m still in awe of that finals performance. What a great playoffs all around. 

• Like 1

Can you imagine the endorsement offers that are gonna come into the Giannis camp in the coming months?

The sky is the limit.  

Take a couple weeks in Bali with the trophy, then come back and start having serious conversations with your team about how to manage a $200M 2022.

Edited by TryTheBeal!