Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

He can't leave. Im sure he knows that.

I think he was so confident that he'd win them a title. No one saw GS coming, though.

He should have never gone back. Unfortunately at his core he's too much of a nice guy

They made a mistake in not keeping Wiggins

They just dont have any winners. When the rest of your roster hasnt come close to winning anything, and doesnt know how to win, it's gonna be tough to break through, especially against an all-time type of team. The coach has a couple rings, but that's the closest they are to knowing what it takes to be a champion.

I dont think Wiggins significantly changes anything in the short term, but he would have allowed them to get better pieces by not having to get the max. They'd be able to craft a better, more complimentary roster.

Edited by justice98

They just dont have any winners. When the rest of your roster hasnt come close to winning anything, and doesnt know how to win, it's gonna be tough to break through, especially against an all-time type of team. The coach has a couch rings, but that's the closest they are to knowing what it takes to be a champion.

I dont think Wiggins significantly changes anything in the short term, but he would have allowed them to get better pieces by not having to get the max. They'd be able to craft a better, more complimentary roster.

And they'd have a perimeter defender that can actually contribute offensively.

Right now they have defensive players and offensive players but can't find a balance between the lineups that allows them to do both against the Warriors. Nobody on the Cavs can do both effectively besides Lebron

Where the Warriors can trot out pretty much any lineup without giving up much on either side of the ball

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Warriors just play a great brand of basketball.  They play team ball, they make the extra pass, they're completely unselfish.  Their two big stars Klay and Stephen, don't mind if they don't score.  Witness game one where their bench pretty much outplayed Cleveland's starters.

Kyrie is dynamic, an athletic freak but no wonder Cleveland is losing.  First two games I've already lost track of how many times he's brought the ball upcourt and not even looked to pass, hiking up a stupid shot or driving to the lane and throwing up an ugly layup.  

I honestly don't see Cleveland getting a win at home, I think the Warriors just tightened everything up and got hot in the Western finals down 3-1.  Remember, two of those wins OKC had were essentially off-nights for the Warriors.  There was that one game where Steph and Klay and the whole team didn't shoot particularly well.  

If Cleveland gets a win in this series it'll be because the Warriors had an off night shooting, not because T-Lue came up with a great game plan to fix what was going on or LeBron suddenly started taking over games.  

Let's also remember that at any moment Curry or Thompson could get red-hot from 3 and that essentially puts the other team out of the game. So glad Cleveland is getting destroyed and that Irving is being exposed for the limited player he is. Great scorer but when his shot isn't falling, he's useless. Fake point guard.

• Like 3

They shouldn't have traded Wiggins, more because of the contract than because they needed him, nor spent a fortune on Tristan. They should have used that 30 million a year to build a better team around Kyrie and Lebron. I don't think Lebron needs a three star team, with only one ball there just isn't a way to fully use that third star.

They tried to "win now" in one offseason instead of building the best team they could over a couple years. I understand the hurry, but I also see that decision by all involved (Lebron) as a mistake.

Also in a league where it's edgy and smart to say coaching is over rated, can we admit Cleveland has a coaching problem? When players don't know who they are supposed to be guarding, aren't moving without the ball, and aren't really passing the ball... that has to be coaching right? Being prepared and polished on defense is coaching. You can't make players great defenders but you can make sure they know where to be on the floor and who to try to defend. You can design an offense and demand players do more than stand around watching.

Let's also remember that at any moment Curry or Thompson could get red-hot from 3 and that essentially puts the other team out of the game. So glad Cleveland is getting destroyed and that Irving is being exposed for the limited player he is. Great scorer but when his shot isn't falling, he's useless. Fake point guard.

Kyrie reminds me of Kevin Martin. A guy that scores like a star but doesn't impact the game like a star.
  • Like 1

Cleveland sucks on the road. They will play GS tougher in Cleveland. I think they'll force a game six.

can you explain how they will force a game 6 other than the cliche'd comment you made?

they dont play defense.

I expect the Warriors role players to regress, but Curry and Thompson will do more.

Also, defense travels and its not like the Warriors are beating up the Cavs physically.

I really don't care if the series is over. 

The story to me right now is whether or not Lebron can even go super-saiyan anymore.

Seriously, if he can't that changes the whole dynamic of his future and future of that franchise.  He's starting to look mortal enough that I'm starting to doubt it, and combined with not having that Mamba type killer instinct to will his team to victory, this may be an incredible fall from grace in the making.

Lue is getting out-coached.  The Cavs are getting outplayed.  It's only two games, but this feels like Groundhog day when the Spurs ripped the Heatles a new one in the Finals to win the championship and the writing was on the wall for the Heat as well for all to see.

Bron's jumper seems broken beyond repair. What the hell happened there? He became such a good shooter in Miami.

Again, coaching is incredibly over-rated in the NBA simply because all these guys are pretty damn good, and the great ones only matter when they are aligned with the great players.

Having said that, Lue:

1. Doesn't seem to have ever watched the Warriors play, which is weird considering he was on the Cav's bench last year. Somehow, they're entire defensive strategy is to "force" Draymond into situations where he is playing 4 on 3 and has to make quick decisions. Draymond is better at this than all the point guards in the league with two or three exceptions. The Warriors actually want this outcome on offense. Draymond is having so much fun in this series, especially after the madness of the last one where his size suddenly became a major problem.

2. Seems to be just throwing **** against the wall right now. His big strategic gambit last night was going small with a lineup that featured Lebron at the 5. This is from Bob Voulgaris: "The LBJ at the 5 lineup got outscored .89 to 1.47 in ~18 possessions."

Again, the Warriors are likely just this much better than the Cavs. But Lue's strategies seems to trying out-do them at the things they like to do best.

its crazy that almost 2 years ago, no one would dare say Draymond Green is better than Kevin Love. Now we dont even have that conversation because Draymond is better.

I still think back to the beginning of 2014 and him showing up Blake Griffin, and my first thought was "Who does this gump ass dude think he is?" Man...

I think what this does is show just how good OKC really was this year. They may rival that Sacramento team awhile back. They literally made Draymond look like he forgot how to play basketball. And even that wasn't good enough.

They've not just responded to adversity. They've destroyed it with overwhelming force. Im gonna be telling my grandkids about these cats.

• Like 1

its crazy that almost 2 years ago, no one would dare say Draymond Green is better than Kevin Love. Now we dont even have that conversation because Draymond is better.

You know, it's fascinating to hear that Kevin Love is a terrible defender year after year and realize that most of what the "experts are seeing" is a series of small stuff that you don't recognize if you are casually watching.

And then the Warriors target him on a thousand straight pick and rolls and he makes the wrong play every single time. The Cavs are setting the Finals record for "Finger points following a defensive breakdown."

• Like 2

In Skip Bayless' mind, every game is actually a morality play.

Skip Bayless @RealSkipBayless 14h14 hours ago

I see no reason the Cavs can't win Games 3 & 4 at home ... if they REALLY WANT TO. Their leaders LeBron & Kyrie must LEAD THEM.

The only reason the Cavs can't beat arguably the greatest team ever is that they just don't want to.

Try harder, guys!!!

If Kevin Love (assuming he isn't concussed) just tries harder, he'll suddenly know what to do when he gets caught in a switch on a pick and roll.