Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Kerr might have to find a way to get Curry and Thompson more involved early. He's been content to let them get smothered and let others do the scoring. On nights like tonight when the role players aren't killing it, you need your stars leading the way.

Green has turned back into a pumpkin tonight as well.

Somebody could let the league MVP know the Finals have started.

He has a chalk outline around him at this point.

The Cavs have been over playing him and forcing the ball to go elsewhere. He shot 20 times a game against the Thunder, that's down to 13 this series. Thompson shot 21 times a game against the Thunder and he's averaging a little under 13 shots this series. That can't be an accident, not over three games.

Kerr needs to adjust.

Cavs played good defense. Covered the passing lanes, trapped Curry when he got the ball, and dominated them on the glass.

Iggy and Barnes were both excellent. Green was meh. Thompson got hurt in the first and wasn't very effective from then on. Curry was pretty bad. Made some circus plays after the game was out of hand, but he was mostly a negative. He also pissed LeBron off with that flop and woke him up. Cavs went on a run and put the game away soon after that happened.

Golden State is in an interesting situation with Barnes. He, Green, and Iggy are their best front court players, by far. But they're hard to play together against a team with rebounders and guys who can get to the rim and score like LeBron. So keeping all three of those guys isn't a great allocation of team building resources. But losing Barnes for basically nothing is going to be a tough pill to swallow. There is no question Iggy is a better and more valuable player than Barnes right now. And GS's championship window is now. But you have to wonder for just how much longer Iggy will be better than Barnes... Should they bite the bullet, take a short term step back, keep Barnes and move Iggy? I would HATE to lose a player like Iggy if I were them. But they have to also think about how to keep the best possible team around Curry and Thompson for the second half of their careers.

• Like 1

GSW had an off night.  Curry and Klay didn't play well, the whole team didn't really play well.  Only way Cleveland can beat them is when they have off-nights like that.  It's the only way OKC could really beat them, too.  I don't remember which game it was that OKC ran them out of the building but GSW looked like that last night.  

Can't stand the way Irving plays the PG position. Even when he has a great game like he did tonight. Still just uses so many possessions poorly. Still no feel for where his teammates are and how to pass them open. It's clear he's a SG in a PG's body.

He is terrible.  More possessions than I could count where he just came down the court and tried to go one on one with a defender and didn't even look to pass.  A buddy of mine told me he was like Westbrook...not even close, Westbrook averaged 10 assists per game this year.  John Wall has averaged 10 assists twice in his career, I think.

I hate watching Kyrie Irving play basketball.  

Turned the game off at the half and TOTALLY expected to read that the Warriors won when I looked at the box score this morning when I woke up. 

From what I watched, Cleveland brought their A+ game, and GS couldn't have played any worse.  I still think that the Warriors win in 5.  Last night's game did nothing to change my opinion. 

• Like 1

Can't stand the way Irving plays the PG position. Even when he has a great game like he did tonight. Still just uses so many possessions poorly. Still no feel for where his teammates are and how to pass them open. It's clear he's a SG in a PG's body.

This is another thing that bothers me in discussions about best PGs in the league and where Wall fits.  I can understand he can't consistently score well as some other top PGs, but some of these "top PGs" are NOT PGs.