Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Seems like every finals (and really super bowl, world series, Stanley Cup) some guy gets an extra 5 million per year after playing huge in the finals for their sport.

It's the Larry Brown Effect

(Of the Cowboys, not the Redskins or the coach)

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83

So do we see Lebron go into ultimate power mode in game 2 or 3? His eyes don't start glowing until he loses, this was a demoralizing loss.

True when Livingston is giving the live on court interview...and they still won by 15. 

That's just brutal. 

• Like 1

didn't Cleveland have like 10 days off, after breezing through a weak ass east?

Warriors went 7 in a dog fight and played 72 hours ago on Monday night...

Saw the Dubs doing shoot around...hours before the game 7. Seriously, like 4 hours. 

They are going to try to sweep these guys. I don't see it happening. Kerr has them focused, and they are still hungry. 

• Like 1

People will say the Warriors shot well, and they did, but I don't think the story should be a hot shooting night.  The story should be Cleveland's defense didn't show up to do anything but watch Curry and Thompson.  Cleveland was working hard just to get shots up but they let the Warriors get uncontested layups or mismatches that ended in easy points at the rim all night.  The only Warrior that was really taking a lot of contested shots and hitting them was Livingston.  Everyone else was getting to the rim with minimal contact or firing off three point shots without a Cavalier within 10 feet of them.  

• Like 1

The Warriors have 3 legitimate great defenders: Green, Igoudala, Thompson. And more than that, they're all versatile as hell. Cleveland has LeBron. Shumpert is pretty good but he can't guard the same number of positions as the Warriors' guys.  Too much versatility from GSW.

Bron with 3 turnovers in the final 5 minutes. dang near triple dub tho.

Barbosa smashed them dudes lol

The triple double stat is often the most most overhyped in sports and last night, that was not some kind of amazing performance just because he almost had at least 10 in three categories. 

Edited by Sticksboi05

The triple double stat is often the most most overhyped in sports and last night, that was not some kind of amazing performance just because he almost had at least 10 in three categories. 

Funny, I agree with you.  Only mentioned the triple double so Bron-blowers couldn't quote me and say "but he had a triple double though."  LOL.

with his size, Bron is going to pull down 10 rebounds a game.  he's also always going to score 10 points every game.  So it's basically whether or not he gets the assists.  I'll admit, Bron is one of the best passers in the game.

I don't think anyone can legitimately question Lebron. 6 finals in a row being the focal point of a team is impressive.

That said, anyone who thought that Love + Irving was the difference between last year's finals and this year's hasn't been paying attention to this years Dubs team.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2

Funny, I agree with you.  Only mentioned the triple double so Bron-blowers couldn't quote me and say "but he had a triple double though."  LOL.

with his size, Bron is going to pull down 10 rebounds a game.  he's also always going to score 10 points every game.  So it's basically whether or not he gets the assists.  I'll admit, Bron is one of the best passers in the game.

He's definitely the greatest passing forward ever besides maybe Larry Bird but any gap between the two is miniscule. No disrespect to Rick Barry.

That said, anyone who thought that Love + Irving was the difference between last year's finals and this year's hasn't been paying attention to this years Dubs team.

Or doesn't pay attention to defense.   

People will say the Warriors shot well, and they did, but I don't think the story should be a hot shooting night.  The story should be Cleveland's defense didn't show up to do anything but watch Curry and Thompson.  

Yeah I agree.  I would say it was more a bad gameplan than simply a failure to show up defensively.  Cleveland sold out all night to hound and double both Curry and Klay all over the court, hoping that the rest of the Warriors wouldn't hurt them.   That's a bad strategy, because the rest of the Warriors are not a bunch of stiffs and they happily took what was being given to them.

I also enjoyed it when Lebron threw his bench under the bus after the game.   He has a knack of looking bad at times like that.