Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Didn't he also claim to make millions off the stock market?

Typical internet tough guy bravado. Him and Bubble Screen were special little snowflakes.

I didn't see the stock market advice thread. I do recall folks making jokes about it. I don't remember him playing the tough guy so much though, nor Bubble. Bubs was always cool with me, thing that always got him in trouble was defending NASCAR. 

LOL yeah. McD was hilarious. Votta say though, no one could take a beati g better than him

Yeah, he would continually be wrong...yet somehow still come back to try to defend his position.  

• Like 1

Didn't he also claim to make millions off the stock market?

Typical internet tough guy bravado. Him and Bubble Screen were special little snowflakes.

McD was my dawg. He was nuts, but there was a method to his madness... Could never figure out what that method was exactly, but it was definitely a method.

He did have a bit of that "im gonna kick your ass with my wallet" delivery ( more that then classic Bubble internet bro), but I always took it as good natured humor at somehow managing to make the entire Tailgate wish that he died in a meteorite impact event

He was a day trader, and his stock market predictions were just godawful

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

Back to Space Jam for a second... I mean, how can you not crank that soundtrack. Lebron don't want none of that.

I'd love to see the wack ass lineup they'd try to bust out something with nowadays. And this is like the 90's B team. How you go hard on a KIDS movie???

#90s

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

What cartoon characters are going to be in Space Jam 2? Do kids now even know the Looney Tunes? Are they going to use the characters from Adventure Time or something?

Sponge Bob? My Little Pony?

I don't think anyone knows yet.  I couldn't find anything other than it will star LeBron.  No mention of any other cast, cartoons, story/plot, etc.  No release date provided either.

The Looney Tunes have been around for eons. If kids don't watch them, or at least know them, its yet another sign that our society is headed towards radical changes... Some not for the better. Frankly, their parents should be brought up on charges

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

What cartoon characters are going to be in Space Jam 2? Do kids now even know the Looney Tunes? Are they going to use the characters from Adventure Time or something?

Sponge Bob? My Little Pony?

Looney Tunes were around long before the kids of the 90s flocked to see Space Jam and they're still on Cartoon Network I think. And yes, parents whose kids don't know Bugs Bunny should be stripped of their children for more responsible adults.

Read this morning that in head-to-head matchups this year, the Cavs lost to the Warriors by 6 and by 34.  LOL.

But those Cavs didn't have Channing Frye!

I had two people actually tell me that yesterday, likely repeating what they heard on ESPN, as if Channing Frye was big shot Bob.

The future of Space Jam hinges on this series imo. If Lebron loses and plays subpar (like 2011 milk carton level), hou can't sell him to the world as the central character of Space Jam. He has to share it with Steph. Or something.

The storyline for the first one was that Sticks dad came out of retirement after saving the galaxy from aliens that harness past prime or solid players abilities (Larry Johnson was the only one not Jordan that was not only a star, but was in his prime).

There also needs to be actors that can take the pressure off of the players. I think Hollywood is holding off on this because they want to center the story around Lebron beating the Aliens and restoring championship prominence to Cleveland. I think they know that likely will not happen.

We need quality cameos. Quality soundtrack. You can't do something as cherished in my childhood as Space Jam and go for the money grab.

I could also be wrong about everything as well. After all, Space Jam came out a couple years after Jordan returned to the NBA. They could center this around Lebrons time in Miami, and whatever the plot is ultimately ending with him "Coming home."

Thats the only way they could do this and not look stupid. Lebron right now has the benefit of playing great in last years Final, and Curry getting some heat from Delly, and not completing the triple crown (MVP, Champ, Finals MVP).

If that happens this year, Lebron is finished as The Man in the NBA.

But those Cavs didn't have Channing Frye!

I had two people actually tell me that yesterday, likely repeating what they heard on ESPN, as if Channing Frye was big shot Bob.

Actually, I think Frye is going to be huge for Cleveland. He has been lights out this postseason. The team that wins the 3pt game wins the series.

Nah, no way would I condone Cleveland trying to beat the Warriors at their own game (3 point shooting).  It's a lost cause, they need to find another way to win.

Space Jam 2 has "failbus" written all over it (and this is coming from someone who could re-run the original in my head like the VHS had fused with it).

• Like 1

The future of Space Jam hinges on this series imo. If Lebron loses and plays subpar (like 2011 milk carton level), hou can't sell him to the world as the central character of Space Jam.

He could always just leave the Tune Squad for the Monstars once he sees that team's talent level is far superior, and would give him his best chance of winning. Turn it into an animated bio-pic kind of thing.

Lol. "Earth will always be my home....but I've decided....to take my talents....to Moron Mountain."

Edited by STBonecrusher21
  • Like 5

He could always just leave the Tune Squad for the Monstars once he sees that team's talent level is far superior, and would give him his best chance of winning. Turn it into an animated bio-pic kind of thing.

Lol. "Earth will always be my home....but I've decided....to take my talents....to Moron Mountain."

I actually saw a meme with a similar idea. It's hilarious. Maybe that's in the deleted scenes just for fun

Off topic but another example of why people don't like Lebron, I was reminded earlier of how he got dunked on years ago at one of his camps and then had his Nike goons go and take cameras that has filmed it.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Back to Space Jam for a second... I mean, how can you not crank that soundtrack. Lebron don't want none of that.

I'd love to see the wack ass lineup they'd try to bust out something with nowadays. And this is like the 90's B team. How you go hard on a KIDS movie???

#90s

Music was better in the 90s.

the NBA was worse.

But mixing 90s music with nostalgia is an unbeatable combination 

The Looney Tunes have been around for eons. If kids don't watch them, or at least know them, its yet another sign that our society is headed towards radical changes... Some not for the better. Frankly, their parents should be brought up on charges

CUcuZH5.gif

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 1

Actually, I think Frye is going to be huge for Cleveland. He has been lights out this postseason. The team that wins the 3pt game wins the series.

I think that if it comes down to 3 pointers alone, Cleveland has a good chance because that means that Kevin Love is still in the game.

The Warriors are going to try to kill Love and Irving with the Steph-Draymond pick and roll.   At least that is what I would do.   Both Love and Irving are terrible PnR defenders, and that is the biggest mismatch in this series.  If it works, Love will be on the bench a lot, and Cleveland won't be able to rely on the 3 point offense nearly as much.   Sure, JR and Kyrie are going to hit some, but it's not the same.  Love is the big man with the volume 3 game.  If he is in and hitting 3s, the Warriors bigs have to come out to challenge and then Lebron goes wild inside and Love hoovers all the defensive rebounds and it's all over.

Edited by Predicto