Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Durant will sign a 1+1 with OKC this summer. He'll see what Westbrook does next summer before he makes any long term move. Plus doing so lets him sign a 10 year vet max.

This was Golden State's year. Next year is OKC's turn. That'll be their best shot of the Durant era. Golden State should still be excellent, but they'll undergo a major retool this summer. OKC will have continuity. The only guys they're losing are Randy Foye and Dion Waiters. They'll make the Finals so long as Westbrook and Durant are healthy, and they'll probably beat Cleveland because they are better. If they don't, then they could get completely broken up in the summer of 2017, when everybody will be off the books.

Who does Kyrie guard? He can't guard Steph or Klay or it's basically automatic points. Barnes I guess but Iggy is probably too strong for him.

They will be forced to play Delvadova more minutes which takes away one of their better offensive contributors

Who does Love guard?

You want a choker? 

I don't feel Durant would get sucked into hero ball with a PG like Wall.  Push comes to shove, Westbrook will try to do it himself, and there's really not much else Durant can do since he's the only other consistent scoring threat on the team.

His role would be clear:  Get open so Wall can find you.

Thunder don't have any scorers really outside of Durant and Westbrook.  That's why they lost (and their inability to guard the three, specifically Curry).

Every time Curry hoists it up you just expect it to go in.

That franchise is too cheap to maintain the talent level needed to come out the West and win a ring.  Durant has got to figure that out for himself before its too late.

• Like 1

Durant will sign a 1+1 with OKC this summer. He'll see what Westbrook does next summer before he makes any long term move. Plus doing so lets him sign a 10 year vet max.

This was Golden State's year. Next year is OKC's turn. That'll be their best shot of the Durant era. Golden State should still be excellent, but they'll undergo a major retool this summer. OKC will have continuity. The only guys they're losing are Randy Foye and Dion Waiters. They'll make the Finals so long as Westbrook and Durant are healthy, and they'll probably beat Cleveland because they are better. If they don't, then they could get completely broken up in the summer of 2017, when everybody will be off the books.

Agree with all of this. In my mind they are the favorites next year. The sting of this loss will only further motivate them.

They have one more year to get it done then I think Durant and Westbrook go their separate ways if they can't win next season

I don't feel Durant would get sucked into hero ball with a PG like Wall. Push comes to shove, Westbrook will try to do it himself, and there's really not much else Durant can do since he's the only other consistent scoring threat on the team.

His role would be clear: Get open so Wall can find you.

Maybe Durant likes playing hero ball. Maybe he's just a more humble and accepted version of Kobe or Iverson.

I'm not sure he wants to play with a PG like Wall. I think he wants the ball in his hands and doesn't want to just get open for a pass.

Everyone in the NBA would like to get easy shots. Compatibility of playing style isn't the issue. The issue is whether or not he has a better chance at getting a ring. His team in DC would be worse than the current iteration of the Thunder. But the competition in the conference would also be worse.

Another thing to consider is that OKC's whole team except for Kanter and Payne comes off the books in the summer of 2017. They could have a hard time keeping a lot of core pieces, especially since the cap is set to drop by a fair amount in 2018 and their owners are cheapskates.

Adams, Kanter, and Waiters really impressed me this season. OKC clearly has a better and younger big lineup and a superstar at the 1. Thats hard to pass up. But I feel like Wall / Beal / Otto / Morris / Durant could really turn heads in the east. Especially with Randy banished from the land.

Anyways... the shots Curry and Thompson were making... There is no defense that stops that. Its like groundhog day. They just pick and hand off at the top of the 3pt line until one of the two has a switch on a 5, and then launch a ridiculous shotput from a stupid angle that goes in 99% of the time. Its unguardable.

• Like 1

Warriors are one of the GOAT teams, and may be the GOAT team after this season is over.

Curry went to another level. Was amazing to see. The team defended great the last two games as well.

If they can play with that intensity on defense, IM not sure what the Cavs can do to beat them. Especially since the main problem Golden State had this series was with OKC's athleticism, which the Cavs do not have much of.

Local radio is discussing Game 6 for Klay.  They're saying it's a top 10 playoff performance of all-time.  Chuck said on the post-game for game 6 that it was one of the best performances he's ever seen in the playoffs.  Kinda hard to argue it not being top 10.  I mean, it wasn't quite Jordan Flu Game, but damn.  Klay put the boys on his back and saved the season.  Down by 13 in the 3rd quarter, on the road.  Klay startin' tossing shots from 30 feet.  

Local radio is discussing Game 6 for Klay. They're saying it's a top 10 playoff performance of all-time. Chuck said on the post-game for game 6 that it was one of the best performances he's ever seen in the playoffs. Kinda hard to argue it not being top 10. I mean, it wasn't quite Jordan Flu Game, but damn. Klay put the boys on his back and saved the season. Down by 13 in the 3rd quarter, on the road. Klay startin' tossing shots from 30 feet.

Its not supposed to be that easy.

Makes you want to do some Shadow Government conspiracy bs like maybe they grew these two dudes in a lab and implanted them with magnets or some ****.

• Like 1

I think that personally what Klay did in game 6 was the most impressive display of shooting I've seen live, which starts essentially in the post jordan bulls era right when guys like Duncan, Kobe, AI, Shaq, were taking over.  I'm not the biggest basketball guy so I'm sure I'm neglecting certain stretches, but the only thing that really comes to my head would be those ~25 straight points lebron had against the pistons way back in the day, but the stakes were nothing compared to this. The stakes were so high, and they needed every one of those points.  Also - I'm talking specifically about impactful/clutch stretches of shooting/scoring, I'm sure there are better "overall performances" of course. 

Like - take that ray allen shot that saved the heat, but done repeatedly over and over for a team that had the best regular season record ever and fighting for their lives to repeat, with just about as much necessity for each individual shot to be made as the last. 

Its not supposed to be that easy.

that J is so wet, bro. It's otherwordly.   Shuttlesworth & "Knick Killer" my ass.  

He just flicks it up and that joint is buckets.  

Edited by Chew

Agree with all of this. In my mind they are the favorites next year. The sting of this loss will only further motivate them.

They have one more year to get it done then I think Durant and Westbrook go their separate ways if they can't win next season

I guess this means they are a lottery team next year.
  • Like 1

I think the ease with which the Warriors backcourt scores annoys other players, especially retired stars. They don't need incredible displays of athleticism like Westbrook and Lebron show when scoring. They don't need to be stronger or more more physical.

They just need about 2 feet of space for half a second.

• Like 2

Gsw would go down as one of the best if it takes the title but it won't be the best. They got run over in a couple games in these playoffs which never happened to like the Bulls.

The Bulls didn't play a team as good as these Thunder either. And they still got smashed by 21 in game 4 of the Finals too

I openly questioned if they were point shaving that game.

Can someone tell me who these people are picking against 73 win GSW?

People that think Love and Irving are worth two more wins against the Warriors than Cleveland was able to get without them last time. Thats the most convincing argument out there right now.

I'm not saying I believe it, I'm just saying that it's the one I've heard and read a bunch.