Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Curry?  Drafted by GS.  Thompson?  Drafted by GS.  Green?  Drafted by GS.  

Notice a pattern?   ;)

Igoudala - signed as a free agent by GS after his team got thumped by GS in the playoffs the year before

Bogut - traded for by GS

Barnes - drafted by GS after GS did a blatant tank job at the end of the season to protect the draft pick

Livingston - free agent

Speights - free agent

Barbosa - free agent

No team is built entirely through the draft and I don't see why any special honor should be given to a team because it was built through the draft anyway.   

• Like 3

Igoudala - signed as a free agent by GS after his team got thumped by GS in the playoffs the year before

Bogut - traded for by GS

Barnes - drafted by GS after GS did a blatant tank job at the end of the season to protect the draft pick

Livingston - free agent

Speights - free agent

Barbosa - free agent

No team is built entirely through the draft and I don't see why any special honor should be given to a team because it was built through the draft anyway.   

I don't care about draft vs. FA but twice essentially meeting behind the scenes to get players to go with you so you can win a ring, that rubs me the wrong way. Nobody's questioning his talent, he's already top 10 ever and will be top 4-5 when all is said and done. I agree, players literally running the league in that way is sort of weird. That said, it's not against the rules so F it.

I don't care about draft vs. FA but twice essentially meeting behind the scenes to get players to go with you so you can win a ring, that rubs me the wrong way. Nobody's questioning his talent, he's already top 10 ever and will be top 4-5 when all is said and done. I agree, players literally running the league in that way is sort of weird. That said, it's not against the rules so F it.

A lot of people think that something similar happened with Igoudala and the Warriors.

The only reason I don't hate the players when they manipulate the system to their advantage is because the owners are even worse.  :)

• Like 2

My issue with Lebron is that his towering ego seems to alienate team mates and demand loyalty to him before the organization or coach. Lebron seems to move through the NBA like he's the best at everything and is bigger than the league, like it owes him instead of the other way around. His record in the finals suggest that he's not the best coach not GM in the league, but I doubt anyone has ever had the stones to tell him that.

It's no coincidence he's never played for a great coach or that he's lost so often to well coached teams. Carlisle, Pop, and Kerr will be 5-1 against Lebron in finals in a few weeks.

• Like 2

A lot of people think that something similar happened with Igoudala and the Warriors.

The only reason I don't hate the players when they manipulate the system to their advantage is because the owners are even worse.   :)

Yes they are and that's not really a the big knock against LeBron for me personally, it's just that absurd, embarrassing diving. I'm sorry, it's shameful. I know he's not the only one, far from it, and that's irrelevant. When you're this good and that size, and you do it that much to that degree, you deserve to be the butt of jokes.

How many superstars do something noble and say, "I want to win for my hometown"... but because it is Lebron we ultimately look at him like he has self-serving reasons at the end of the day... building a legacy beyond, or whatever.

I can't figure out in a vacuum why people don't like him -- he is just this generations Jordan -- we loved MJ even. though he is just as much a marketing machine, got all the calls,etc. People don't hate on Shaq for leaving Orlando and also being a marketing machine. Durant doesn't get criticized for deferring or not having enough in big games.

Lebron - everyones favorite villian... as a Wiz fan this delighted me, We Witnessed His Villianess first... but now I don't think he's that much different from other NBA players... maybe we just like to see Superman lose to the underdog (like Curry)...

so.. what you are saying is that you would like LeBron James if the Cavs ownership and management didn;t suck balls?

Yes they are and that's not really a the big knock against LeBron for me personally, it's just that absurd, embarrassing diving. I'm sorry, it's shameful. I know he's not the only one, far from it, and that's irrelevant. When you're this good and that size, and you do it that much to that degree, you deserve to be the butt of jokes.

Chris Paul and Blake Griffin make Lebron look like like a piker when it comes to flopping.   Harden, Ginobli, DWade and Vareajo are his equal.

But yeah, he's pretty bad.  

Are we really going to pretend it's hard to see why people dislike the guy that after game 4, his second loss to the raptors, came out and congratulated himself for playing up to his own expectations? He complimented himself exclusively, after a loss. In what setting is that kind of **** appreciated? Can you imagine failing to land that big contract at work and hearing someone on the business development team declare that they did a great job and are completely satisfied with their own performance? People would key that guys car on the way to lunch.

The only thing missing from that was "I take the best shots, first class all the way. Trust me I know these things, I'm a winner, and I'm going to make Cleveland great again. I'm not a loser like Blatt."

• Like 1

How many superstars do something noble and say, "I want to win for my hometown"... but because it is Lebron we ultimately look at him like he has self-serving reasons at the end of the day... building a legacy beyond, or whatever.

I can't figure out in a vacuum why people don't like him -- he is just this generations Jordan -- we loved MJ even. though he is just as much a marketing machine, got all the calls,etc. People don't hate on Shaq for leaving Orlando and also being a marketing machine. Durant doesn't get criticized for deferring or not having enough in big games.

Lebron - everyones favorite villian... as a Wiz fan this delighted me, We Witnessed His Villianess first... but now I don't think he's that much different from other NBA players... maybe we just like to see Superman lose to the underdog (like Curry)...

We know too much now.

If we knew the real Michael Jordan back in the day instead of the Jordan Marketing Machine, we would have loathed him.   He was a total ****,

Lebron is mostly a pretty good guy, but he's tone deaf and the relentless spotlight of 2016 media doesn't serve him well.  

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 2

why is it okay when front office people do this but not players?

so.. what you are saying is that you would like LeBron James if the Cavs ownership and management didn;t suck balls?

No, I literally said in my next post that's not a big knock on LeBron for me. I said it was weird but it's not against the rules. I just cannot stand the constant flopping and flat out diving. And before the inevitable "well he's not the only one"...yes, I know he isn't.

We know too much now.

If we knew the real Michael Jordan back in the day instead of the Jordan Marketing Machine, we would have loathed him.   He was a total ****,

Lebron is mostly a pretty good guy, but he's tone deaf and the relentless spotlight of 2016 media doesn't serve him well.  

Off the court you really can't say much about the guy, never gets in trouble, no law-breaking etc. And plenty of people despise / despised Jordan for his gambling and womanizing. It's pretty common knowledge and has been that the same qualities that made him a killer on the court, also make him a jackass off the court. 

I'd rather spend a day with LeBron no question if those are my two choices.

Off the court you really can't say much about the guy, never gets in trouble, no law-breaking etc. And plenty of people despise / despised Jordan for his gambling and womanizing. It's pretty common knowledge and has been that the same qualities that made him a killer on the court, also make him a jackass off the court. 

Jordan also was a crappy teammate who tore everyone down around him whenever he could to make sure everyone always knew he was the Top Dog.   If Lebron punched a teammate in the face during practice the way Jordan punched Steve Kerr, we would never hear the end of it.  

Edited by Predicto

Enough of all the Jordan vs Lebron talk.  The Bulls vs. Warriors talk.  Enough of the **** already.  Damn, all we ever do is argue that ****, the past 4 years I've been on the board, it always goes back to those.  

Same with the Durant to Wiz talk, enough of that bull**** too.  Keep that in the Wiz thread until it happens or if it happens.  That gets old as hell too.  

Fact of the matter, we don't know what the outcome would be between Jordan vs. [name] or Bulls vs. Warriors.  So many changes in the rules and the way the game was played and officiated back then.  It's stupid to think that todays players couldn't adapt or the same for players of the 80s-90s adapting to todays style/rules.

Nobody can predict an outcome.  And it's stupid to continue these tired arguments day after day, month after month, year after year.  

• Like 2

if you take that out, all that's left of the nba thread is sinister talking about how hard he has it being a fan of a perennially great franchise, how pops is the greatest coach in history, people either praising or anti jinxing golden state, and occasional unison hatred of Harden/Clippers. Lol

• Like 1

[sinister talking about how hard he has it being a fan of a perennially great franchise]

I do admit that it is difficult on the soul to see your team rise up from nothing in the last 20-25 years, to so much godawful greatness. Hard to cope sometimes

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2

if you take that out, all that's left of the nba thread is sinister talking about how hard he has it being a fan of a perennially great franchise, how pops is the greatest coach in history, people either praising or anti jinxing golden state, and occasional unison hatred of Harden/Clippers. Lol

LOL

I'm just getting tired of the old arguments.  Nobody is going to change their stance.  And while I know this is a Redskins board so the majority of BBall fans are going to be Wiz fans, I get tired of the Durant talk.  Keep it in the clubhouse (Wiz thread).  

The **** talk about jinxing GS, etc. thats fine.  So is basketball talk in general.  But it always seems to derail back to Jordan vs. Lebron, Bulls vs. Warriors and how KD wants to come home........which he won't cause even he knows how horrible the ownership and FO is.  

Jordan also was a crappy teammate who tore everyone down around him whenever he could to make sure everyone always knew he was the Top Dog.   If Lebron punched a teammate in the face during practice the way Jordan punched Steve Kerr, we would never hear the end of it.  

I think Rick Barry gets the most hated teammate award. I mean has anyone ever said one decent thing about him even in jest? You would know since you're 80 : )

Enough of all the Jordan vs Lebron talk.  The Bulls vs. Warriors talk.  Enough of the **** already.  Damn, all we ever do is argue that ****, the past 4 years I've been on the board, it always goes back to those.  

Same with the Durant to Wiz talk, enough of that bull**** too.  Keep that in the Wiz thread until it happens or if it happens.  That gets old as hell too.  

Fact of the matter, we don't know what the outcome would be between Jordan vs. [name] or Bulls vs. Warriors.  So many changes in the rules and the way the game was played and officiated back then.  It's stupid to think that todays players couldn't adapt or the same for players of the 80s-90s adapting to todays style/rules.

Nobody can predict an outcome.  And it's stupid to continue these tired arguments day after day, month after month, year after year.  

Only 4 years here, **** you have no knowledge of how absurd an NBA thread on this forum can get. Lol.