Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Bout a year too late lol. Thibs was either gonna sink that team like the Titanic  or swim them like Michael Phelps. Not really sure where they go from here.

Also, maybe Thibs is just an insanely good asst coach, and that's it. Always kinda felt that with everything he did in Chi, maybe he was getting a little too much credit. 

Edited by Mr. Sinister

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Bout a year too late lol. Thi vs was either gonna sink that team like the Titanic  or swim them like Michael Phelps. Not really sure where they go from here.

Also, maybe Thibs is just an insanely good asst coach, and that's it. Always kinda felt that with everything he did in Chi, maybe he was getting a little too much credit. 

I think he’s a good example of the Peter Principle. He’s a fantastic DC but he ultimately can’t run a team as the head coach and will run the plyers into the ground. He needs somebody over him to check minutes, lineups and handle the personalities while he just draws up some strategies 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Hersh said:

Kinda strange since they are 15-12 since they traded Butler. 

Yeah, but in the last 2 weeks or so they've lost some bad games- Atlanta, Phoenix, and New Orleans.  Hard to justify that if you are supposed to be a contending for a playoff spot.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I remember when people was talking about how good Thibedeoux was and how he had been treated UNFAIRLY in Chicago 

The fact is he was not that good of a coach

Coaching wasn’t his only failure in Minny.  He was also team President and his desperation trades to get Butler blew up badly.  

He is a classic, power hungry vampiric burnouts coach. He might be the kind of coach you want if you are a very close 2 seed that needs a couple breaks. Anything else and his teams will not last.

I mean it's not like there wasn't that kind of chatter when Minny hired him. Guess I thought that with KAT, LaVine (then) Wiggins, Rubio, etc, he'd find a way to get them all to take that next step. I don't think he's that kind of coach though, it seems. I gave him credit for that, seeing what he was able to do with those Rose-less Bulls teams and Butler, but I was probably wrong.

I imagine that time between getting dropped and the shot going in is one of the longest in sports. Your only recourse in that situation is an emergency call to any deity you may have once considered to force that shot to miss. Instead, you are now on the wrong side of a highlight for all eternity

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1