Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Crazy gamble by the Knicks...trading KP will obviously be water under the bridge IF they land a marquee FA or two this summer.  If stars don't sign there, this will go down as one of the most idiotic trades in the league over the past 10-15 years. 

Trading a potential top-10 player in the league for cap space...LOL. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Crazy gamble by the Knicks...trading KP will obviously be water under the bridge IF they land a marquee FA or two this summer.  If stars don't sign there, this will go down as one of the most idiotic trades in the league over the past 10-15 years. 

I want all this to backfire on them so badly. No one is getting off that island alive if this **** goes up in flames 😂

26 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I want all this to backfire on them so badly. No one is getting off that island alive if this **** goes up in flames 😂

It's the Knicks, so there's a good chance it will LOL. 

No reason for anyone to form a super team in that city. 

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

It’s bat**** insanity, but much of the media is in denial because it’s NY.  They daydream about LA and NY landing every big name free agent.  Many of them probably downed pills frantically or phoned their therapists after the news broke.  I’m loving it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've held this opinion since last season, but I have thought, no matter what, the Knicks should trade Porzingis.  Nothing against him as a player, I just dont think he'll be durable enough to build a franchise around because of his size.  The history of guys 7'3" or bigger isnt good.  And he might not be done growing.  Bodies like his arent built to endure 35 minutes a night for an 82 game NBA season, not counting playoffs.

The only guy I can think of that didnt battle injuries his whole career or have his career cut short was probably Mark Eaton.  

To me Porzingis is a good player, but he's certainly not shown he's good enough (when taking into account his health) to be a guy that's untouchable.  I might have wanted more for him, but I can't kill the Knicks for the trade.

Doncic is a nice player, but it isn't hard to see a future where Porzingis is never healthy or walks from the Mavs and those picks end up being pretty valuable picks (though I don't know what protections they have in them.  If they got 2 completely unprotected 1st round picks from the Mavs, I think that's a pretty attractive deal.  Okay, one is unprotected and one is 1-10 protected.  Probably would have wanted at best top 5 protected on the one pick instead of top 10.).

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/02/01/kyrie-irving-boston-celtics-free-agency-dont-owe-anybody-comments

"Irving will likely be targeted by the Knicks and possibly the Lakers in free agency."

So what do we think about the possibility of Kyrie rejoining Lebron in LA.

Edited by PeterMP

Porzingis is a unicorn.  He's the only true big man in the NBA who is a rim protector AND top notch three point shooter and pick and roll finisher.  His potential as a PnR weapon is unmatched.  Getting him a PG who is a master pick and roll ball handler like Doncic was always the dream pairing.  Together they are now the young inside-outside foundation with the highest ceiling in the NBA.  Better than Murray/Jokic and better than Simmons/Embiid.  Way better than Booker/Ayton and Wiggins/Towns.

This was a landscape altering trade if Porzingis is able to come back from his knee injury.  They've got a championship caliber foundation in place that should make them one of the league's elite teams within the next five years.

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

So what do we think about the possibility of Kyrie rejoining Lebron in LA.

I think he's a horse's ass for jerking Boston around like this.

And if I'm Boston, I strongly consider dealing him before the deadline.

I think Kyries thought patterns resemble a stiff midwestern breeze. He might have apologized to LeBron, but I don't think that means he wants to play with him. Honestly I think he is kinda crazy.

One thing I think he's spot on about though.... He is beholden to one. Its a business first and foremost..... Wbich is why it's probably a good idea to say that to begin with, and not speak out of both sides of your mouth. No one respects that