Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

51 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Typical LeBron team if they fire Walton. Good coaches getting fired because his teams are all about him and a bunch of mediocre talent he carries. 

I mean I legit tried to start a pool with y'all to see how long it would be before he killed the coach. No bites.

I know the drill though, and this team is already showing all too familiar symptoms.

Porginzis' presser I'd tomorrow. Tanking truly is a sight to behold in the NBA. This may be the greatest reward since the current Sixers.

It's a source of pride and simultaneous frustration that the Heat will always be a franchise that will usually try hard enough to always end up on the outside looking in when we have our bad seasons

It's amazing how a dude like Will Cain can make you like Kyrie. Didn't even know dude had a show, but was flicking back and forth and saw him on ESPN2 talking about how he thinks he'd  like Kyrie because he's semi intelligent, well read... Typical flirting with dog whistle stuff. 

Edited by Mr. Sinister

47 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's amazing how a dude like Will Cain can make you like Kyrie. Didn't even know dude had a show, but was flicking back and forth and saw him on ESPN2 talking about how he thi is he'd  like Kyrie because he's semi intelligent, well read... Typical flirting with dog whistle stuff.  

Ugh.  Not a fan of Will Cain.  I guess somebody had to take over Cowherd's niche after he left for Fox.

That said, there are worse assholes than Cain out there.  Cowherd for one.  Clay Travis is the worst.  He's one of my two morning show options here in Hampton Roads.  He's a Trumpy douchebag who wrote a book that I believe is subtitled something like, "How Liberals are ruining sports."

He's made me appreciate Golic and Wingo so much more.  That show has become amazing.  I think they've supplanted Le Batard as he best sports radio show in the business.  I just wish their NBA takes were a tiny bit sharper.  Their football and golf coverage are awesome.  Easily the best in the business.  And I love the rapport that they have with Golic Jr, who I think is pretty special.

• Like 1

I admit I first thought Jr was a nepotism hire. But I heard him on one of the lower ESPN radio shows one night a year or so ago... And man, he got it.  On point like a laser. Every sport. Insightful,  smart funny, stupid funny, well versed on topics that intersect sports and real life issues.

Some dudes just have a supernatural knack for this sorta thing. Growing up in the business surrounded by sports journalism legends also helps, I'm sure.

Just now, Kosher Ham said:

That's too much. **** that. 

Saw Elhassin on ESPN joking that y'all should probably throw in all them statues too, just to be sure 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's made me appreciate Golic and Wingo so much more.  That show has become amazing

I’m glad I’ve finally found something that’s worse than your take on a 3pt dunk rule. 

Nothing with Golic in it can be considered even good. He’s a bumbling stuttering moron. The most insightful thing that’s ever come out of his mouth was a chunk of Krispy Kreme once when he tried to stuff like 6 in his mouth at the same time. His analysis is nothing but useless platitudes spoken with the arrogance of someone that was actually good at their job or somewhat intelligent, of which he is neither 

I cant stand him. 

Wingo is cool tho. 

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

That's too much. **** that. 

Its a hell of a lot but you have to get AD. Then reset this year and build around him

and Lebron for the next 3-5. 

Im not letting Kuzma, ball or Ingram stop me from getting Davis and I can’t get guys like Lance or Rondo any offseason 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

21 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I admit I first thought Jr was a nepotism hire. But I heard him on one of the lower ESPN radio shows one night a year or so ago... And man, he got it.  On point like a laser. Every sport. Insightful,  smart funny, stupid funny, well versed on topics that intersect sports and real life issues.

Some dudes just have a supernatural knack for this sorta thing. Growing up in the business surrounded by sports journalism legends also helps, I'm sure. 

He's a genuine wit.  And I appreciate that he busts out some high culture from time to time.  I caught references to Occam's Razor and Sisyphus the other day.  His show with Jason Fitz and Sarah Spain is/was really good too (don't know if he's still doing that one, I only caught it on weekends).

He did some guest spots on my local Hampton Roads radio show during SB week when everyone was down in Atlanta and he was super cool.  Didn't big time them at all.  Developed an instantaneous rapport with our guys.  And they let him get into the weeds on his football analysis and in a way that he can't on Golic and Wingo, and it was great.  Really really smart stuff.

I've also heard him call CFB games and I love him as a color guy in that format too.  I think he's the most talented young radio guy in the game.

It's funny, I didn't like Wingo at first.  I guess part of it was that I missed Greeny, but I thought Wingo was too vanilla and too eager to be liked.  Too self-effacing.  Man was I wrong.  He is so good.  So likeable and positive.  That TV polish works just as well on radio.  I like that there is a morning sports talk radio show that my mom could listen to and enjoy just as much as I do.  It's such a nice contrast from the toxicity of the rest of the sports radio world.  Le Batard is so bitter and alienating.  Stephen A is outrageous, insincere, and exhausting performance art.  I don't get the Bomani Jones show any more.  Rusillo is gone from ESPN radio now, but before he was so fratty and snide.  Dan Patrick is funny and good but also suuuuuuuuuper arrogant.  And I don't even want to get into the rest of the parade of douchebags on Fox.  I like the wholesome positivity and genuine charm of Golic and Wingo.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I’m glad I’ve finally found something that’s worse than your take on a 3pt dunk rule. 

Nothing with Golic in it can be considered even good. He’s a bumbling stuttering moron. The most insightful thing that’s ever come out of his mouth was a chunk of Krispy Kreme once when he tried to stuff like 6 in his mouth at the same time. His analysis is nothing but useless platitudes spoken with the arrogance of someone that was actually good at their job or somewhat intelligent, of which he is neither 

I cant stand him. 

Wingo is cool tho. 

You are missing out.  Golic is really good.  Sure he's something of a Homer Simpson, but so what?  Everyone loves Homer.  He's funny and sweet like a favorite High School teacher and some of his segments over the last two years have had me crying from laughter in my car.  Especially when he gets to chop it up with people like himself, like Michael Collins and his son.

His football takes are excellent too.  NFL and CFB coverage are where his show crushes all of the other radio shows except for maybe Rich Eisen, but Eisen's show is stodgier and less fun.

Edited by stevemcqueen1
  • Like 1