Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Theres probably a million HS teams named "Warriors." I'd rather be a Sentinel 

Best thing about the name is that it is clearly better than Danny’s fallback, Warriors.

I clearly prefer RedWolves but if that’s off the table for trademark reasons then it is what it is.

If you completely forget the so so movie and just evaluate the name on its merits there are some fascinating branding possibilities especially if we go the Marvel/X-men Sentinel route...

image.thumb.jpeg.b1a3ff4bbfa794c11955c277e74fe4c8.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

The only person they ever beat was Morph.

You should know by now that Washington football isn’t about pedestrian goals like winning the game.

No, our team priority is to look like bad asses deboarding the plane, coming off the bus, and running through the tunnel. After that the **** show starts.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

X3 is a movie I wouldn't rent if the world ended and it was just sitting in some rundown convenience store 

Smartest post on this thread yet!

I rank them:

1.Xmen First Class

2.Logan

3. Days of Future Past

4.X1

5.Apocaplyse

5.The Wolverine

6.X2

7.dark Phoenix

8.X3

2 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

You should know by now that Washington football isn’t about pedestrian goals like winning the game.

No, our team priority is to look like bad asses deboarding the plane, coming off the bus, and running through the tunnel. After that we could care less.

I'm going to keep hope alive that we're the good sentinels. It will be beaten out of me pretty soon. Until then I'm not going to acknowledge the cartoon ones. Those things couldn't even catch a dog.

Spoiler

30 minutes ago, GreenFields said:

Smartest post on this thread yet!

I rank them:

1.Xmen First Class

2.Logan

3. Days of Future Past

4.X1

5.Apocaplyse

5.The Wolverine

6.X2

7.dark Phoenix

8.X3

This is very very good, except imo you gotta swap Apocolypse with X2. something like that. Apocolypse and Dark Phoenix are just awful, despite Fassbender doing his best to save both. 

I don't understand how they let the same screenwriter/director ruin the Phoenix storyline twice in X3 and Dark Phoenix. Incredible decision-making.

I sure hope Keim is right. It’d really be a relief.  BTW, anyone “fact-checked” some random reddit guy that started the whole Sentinel thing? It’d be interesting if they deliberately leaked some horrible name so that whatever name was ultimately picked, we’d all be happy. 

Dude you are all sleeping. Crazy theories guy here again. 

Sentinels is a hint. = X-Men. Logan is part of X men. Logan is called wolverine. Washington starts with a W. Just like a wolf. That brings us back to the Redwolves. But we can't pick it because a college team owns it. So we pick 

Washington Red Wolverines

Case closed, solved!

12 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Sentinels is a hint. = X-Men. Logan is part of X men. Logan is called wolverine. Washington starts with a W. Just like a wolf. That brings us back to the Redwolves. But we can't pick it because a college team owns it. So we pick 

Case closed, solved!

I admire that the slight language barrier doesn't prevent you from expressing your bad ideas in English just as well as anyone here, man

Yes, the redskins used mark monitor to run their domain registration through for privacy reasons and presumably other purposes. Maybe it’s just privacy, but they may have a business relationship for emarketing and such. 

And yeah so did whoever registered dcsentinels.com

you who else did? Nfl.com. Also xfl.com. And then I quit looking. 

The whole reddit thing of comparing Whois info really just means they don’t know what Whois info is and they put 0 seconds into researching anything because it only took me 3 minutes to do what I did. 

im not saying it won’t be the name I’m just saying that reddit poster didn’t find what he thinks he found. 

20 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Case closed, solved!

Man in the future, get your grass from a reputable outlet. Everyone can’t be trusted.

22 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Case closed, solved!

See...now if we became the wolverines I'd be ok with that too...in an old school Red Dawn sort of way..

Then we can all yell WOLVERINES!!!

2gixdi.jpg

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

I'm going to keep hope alive that we're the good sentinels. It will be beaten out of me pretty soon. Until then I'm not going to acknowledge the cartoon ones. Those things couldn't even catch a dog.

Im more than a little upset you marked as a spoiler lol

1 hour ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

If you completely forget the so so movie and just evaluate the name on its merits there are some fascinating branding possibilities especially if we go the Marvel/X-men Sentinel route...

But it's Disney.  Snyder doesn't have the business acumen to hang with the Mouse. 

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

let's slow this train down just a bit... while it could be the name DCSentinels.com registered by an NFL team (perhaps Washington), the Twitter sleuth is wrong on the registrations date. The name was NOT registered on July 15, 2020... that's just the date the registered domain was updated... the domain was created (registered) on August 15, 2019, almost a year ago. 

And I hope it is not the new name of the team.

I actually had a dream this morning (after falling back asleep and having read the initial Sentinels detective work), that they picked the name the Washington Revolution. Which is definitely soccer or WNBA or Arena or not NFL sounding, but weird because it wasn’t on my mind or I don’t even think I’ve seen it listed. But, it does work with the name Washington. Anyway. Just wanted this documented. 

ALSO, the domain was first used in 2011. 

Here is a archive.org link for February 2011 with broken flash plugin icon and this text "Move along..."
https://web.archive.org/web/20110202112413/http://dcsentinels.com/

Here is a archive.org link for 2013 with a godaddy park page
https://web.archive.org/web/20130525220337/http://dcsentinels.com/

The domain could have expired and been reregistered in 2019 or it could have been owned by someone and then purchased.

and the broken flash player was linked to this Youtube video, which makes the "Move along..." make sense

Tell em sLiNky sent ya.

looks like the original dcsentinels.com expired and was dropped on 07/16/11

and the domain at some point was renewed... but then expired again on 6/14/14. INTERESTING... on the SAME DAY that DCSentinels.com expired and was dropped... 2 more similar domains expired and were dropped.

sentinelsnfl.com 
and
nflsentinels.com

look here and search on page for "sentinels"
https://justdropped.com/drops/061414com.html

also, i am for hire if anyone wants to find anything online.

37 minutes ago, Wayne_Millner said:

I actually had a dream this morning (after falling back asleep and having read the initial Sentinels detective work), that they picked the name the Washington Revolution. Which is definitely soccer or WNBA or Arena or not NFL sounding, but weird because it wasn’t on my mind or I don’t even think I’ve seen it listed. But, it does work with the name Washington. Anyway. Just wanted this documented. 

Did you just watch Hamilton on Disney+?  Not sure how else Revolution would pop in like that.  But it's an awkward name, 4 syllables with no easy nickname.  "Rev's" maybe?

16 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Did you just watch Hamilton on Disney+?  Not sure how else Revolution would pop in like that.  But it's an awkward name, 4 syllables with no easy nickname.  "Rev's" maybe?

Yes let's call us after the people who always supported us with yellow flags. The refs. Might just take the name Zebras and move franchise to Africa. 

Archived