Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

I was going to post about how possibly the most famous "Sentinels" people know are the Marvel comics creation that enforce the rules of a future dystopian police state on a marginalized group, and how that is not a good connection in today's climate. I was gonna say it half-jokingly and then bust on their goofy 80's-90's design.

Then I saw that the Washington Sentinels are actually a DC area soccer team in a gay soccer league (the connection here is that Stan Lee's marginalized mutants were a very thinly-veiled stand-in for groups like gays etc.)...so, that worry went out the window to a degree. 

I'm sure there are other X-Men fans here who had similar thoughts in regards to "Sentinels" @Mr. Sinister

Objectively and setting aside pop culture, I think "Sentinels" is a cooler name than Warriors (which I've never liked) and I've cooled big time on the viability and cool factor of "Red Wolves".

I have generally been in favor, big time, of going away from not just a name with "Red" in it, but starting with "R" period. I think to fully move on and embrace the change we need to ditch the fight song and HTTR, leave it all in the past with the history. Clean break. 

29 minutes ago, onedrop said:

fwiw, the pentagon is in arlington, virginia.

**Pretty sure they don't want you quoting Pics here. I don't want you getting in trouble on my accord

That is a fun story in jurisdiction.

The Pentagon was built on land that outright belonged to DC in some places and Virginia in others. The construction of land bars during its creation and the shifting of the Potomac changed jurisdiction lines and now the Pentagon lies entirely in Virginia. Weirder still the thing has like six DC zip codes to this day, as it was originally part of DC.

Anyways, we are named Washington, summer camp in Virginia and play in Maryland. I’m all for more inclusion. The Pentagon’s beautifully unique location technicality is one I can roll with. If I could sleep, I wouldn’t lose any about the Pentagon’s involvement in a DC based logo. (Zombie Pun)

22 minutes ago, GreenFields said:

For the X-men fans... Would they run out of the tunnel with the tune from the best cartoon intro song ever ? 😂😂 “Ta-na-na-naa-nah” .... I hope this is just a Mistake   

Thanks now I want this and will be disappointed when I dont get it. 

1 minute ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

Well don’t have hear deadskins or foreskins anymore so that’s something positive. 
“The Sentinels standing guard over last place in the division”  about the only knock I can think of with that name. Can you register a phrase? 😄

Maybe not on the Sentinels name, but we are gonna be compared to Patriots.

Patriots knock-offs
Wannabee Patriots
"Patriots fight to the end while Sentinels just stood there"
Sentinels looks like a good name but bland definition.
Patriots>Sentinels
Heck, Federals>Sentinels

56 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Objectively and setting aside pop culture, I think "Sentinels" is a cooler name than Warriors (which I've never liked) and I've cooled big time on the viability and cool factor of "Red Wolves".

I have generally been in favor, big time, of going away from not just a name with "Red" in it, but starting with "R" period. I think to fully move on and embrace the change we need to ditch the fight song and HTTR, leave it all in the past with the history. Clean break. 

I like RedWolves  for a number of reasons (mainly I have been interested in them since they tried to reintroduce them to the Smokies) but I certainly get your desire for a clean break. However, considering superfan Snyder is the guy making the decision I doubt you're going to see a clean break. Probably have to drag him kicking and screaming from just the NA theme.

15 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Capitals, Nationals, and Sentinels all end in a similar sound.  So that theme continues.

The Wizards however end in shame.  So no worries there.

So does "urinals" but that doesn't make it a good name.

9 minutes ago, DCdangerous said:

Maybe not on the Sentinels name, but we are gonna be compared to Patriots.

Patriots knock-offs
Wannabee Patriots
"Patriots fight to the end while Sentinels just stood there"
Sentinels looks like a good name but bland definition.
Patriots>Sentinels
Heck, Federals>Sentinels

Washington Feds

mafia-boss-flat-icon-vector-18169449.jpg

I could see a joke being something like "Sentinels?  You see how they play?  More like Mall Cops."

On the flip side though, if we're ever at the top of the division or something being the Sentinels and preventing any division rivals from taking our record does have an appeal.

I feel like I'm trying to talk myself into this.  Which is the feeling I get whenever the team does something odd.

2 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I could see a joke being something like "Sentinels?  You see how they play?  More like Mall Cops."

"Oh look, the cowboys missed the urinals and are pissing all over the sentinels instead"

Archived