Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

3 hours ago, Wayne_Millner said:

If it’s the Sentinels, I may be done with the team. Named after a movie comedy? Nah 

A movie comedy loosely based on the Washington Redskins during a strike....

bill_ted_whoa.gif

• Haha 1
Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Sentinals sucks.  It's also hard to say, it's just one of those words that sounds like a mumble. 

Why not just name them "Washington Moisture" while they're at it--it fits with DC weather for the local connection!

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Why not just name them "Washington Moisture" while they're at it--it fits with DC weather for the local connection!

The Washington Humidity - We'll suffocate you to death.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Washington Misery

DC Soul-destroyers

DC Dysfunction

I'd take any of the above over Sentinels

Edited by UKskins
17 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Sentinals sucks.  It's also hard to say, it's just one of those words that sounds like a mumble. 

Washington Isthmus....

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Washington Feds

mafia-boss-flat-icon-vector-18169449.jpg

^^^  i'd take this   ^^^^

the washington G-Men

or the washington Q   (can hand out moon-bat conspiracy theories to the kiddies on bat-night)

21 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

the washington wet panties.          

but.... the kids might stay away from the free-handouts-night

• Haha 1

Sentinels is starting to grow on me.  First its unlikely to offend anyone.  Second, even though it's from a movie, the movie is also inspired by the '87 team, so there's a tiny connection there. Third, as far as movies go, we're pretty safe with something starring Keanu Reeves and Gene Hackman.

Downsides:

1) I've never heard the term Sentinel used with regards to anything related to the US

2) For the "OMG they're going to make fun of our name," crowd, here's a few that'll happen: The Genitals, The Sentimentals, The Urinals,The Scent-anals, 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You'll learn to love it.

52 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

That's what my wife keeps telling me.

Yeah but a team name and pegging are two very different things

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Someone chase Keim out of town if he's wrong.

The Keim is probably the most level headed and least speculative journalist covering this team. I trust him more than a lot of the local guys. Hes slowly earning my Shefty level trust status lol

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Someone chase Keim out of town if he's wrong.

Keim almost never says a definitive yes or no.  He always says "unlikely" "its possible" "its probable" unless hes knows with 100% certainty on something.  Knowing Keim, theres no way hes wrong.

• Like 2

Would be like a big middle finger to WP to choose Sentinals and have Donaldson walk around in this skin tight x men uniform. Typical Skins. 

2 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Keim almost never says a definitive yes or no.  He always says "unlikely" "its possible" "its probable" unless hes knows with 100% certainty on something.  Knowing Keim, theres no way hes wrong.

Also means he has a contact or Intel what name we are not going to choose. Enlight us! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Also means he has a contact or Intel what name we are not going to choose. Enlight us! 

Keim and other reporters: "It's not Sentinels, but I don't know what they are going with"

Us:

The Princess Bride Carole Kane GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 2
34 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Thank ****ing God.

I'm about as Atheist as they get, but even I'm sat here praising sweet baby Jesus right now.

Steve Harvey Thank You Jesus GIF - SteveHarvey ThankYouJesus GIFs

Edited by UKskins
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wouldn't it be typical to put some fine on it? That every person involved in the name change had to sign a letter of [put in English law word]. If you break it you need to pay big amount of money. 

Like the non deadly omerta. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I have generally been in favor, big time, of going away from not just a name with "Red" in it, but starting with "R" period. I think to fully move on and embrace the change we need to ditch the fight song and HTTR, leave it all in the past with the history. Clean break. 

I agree with that.

I personally still prefer Warriors, but have liked the idea to switch to DC right from the start.

DC Warriors

• Like 1
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic