Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

11 minutes ago, LittleTinyUnbornBaby said:

Extremefootballteam.com????

Wow!!  I just went to that site and there’s a picture of a Red Wolf winking his eye with a cagey smile and a banner saying coming soon—- wtf??!!??

Hail to WTF!

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, haithman said:

Love the unis. Love the # on the helmet because I hate mascots on helmets. All business like the Crimson Tide....except the winning part.

I agree. It's just business on the field this year.

I like it because it's generic and unique at the same time. Nothing flashy.. and cheap. Just numbers and colors.

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I could've lived with Washington FC for a year, but establishing temporarily as official Washington Football Team is jus going to leave us as a punching bag all year because now everyone will get to call us what they wanted to call us all along.

"And the Washington Football Team..." Just stop, I'm gonna watch the game on mute, killing me.  What a mouthful for every GD thing that happens on the field when everyone else can say Cowboys, Jags, or some other something else that isn't a reminder our franchise is still radioactive and in the middle of getting sanitized from head to...nevermind, Snyder's still here.

It will be like the announcers that refused to say "Redskins" on air.  They will most likely just refer to us as Washington throughout the broadcast, I don't see them saying the full name every time.  Could you imagine though......

"The Washington Football Team has the ball on their own 10 yard line, 3rd and 30."  "Yeah Bob, the Washington Football Team really shot themselves in the foot with those three false start penalties to start the drive."  "Haskins drops back to pass from his own endzone, sack! And the Washington Football Team just gave up a safety on their first drive of the season." 

'Yeah Matt, the Washington Football Team failed to address a solid left tackle in the off-season."  "Snap for the free kick, bad coverage, he takes it all the way back for a touchdown!"  "Yeah Bob, I was talking to sources within the Washington Football Team and they said they thought they were strong on special teams this year."  "Boy were they wrong."  "This broadcast of the Washington Football Team is brought to you by Pepto Bismol."  "Feeling nauseous watching your Washington Football Team team play?  Then you need to upgrade to the pink level seats and choose Pepto Bismol for instant relief." 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Washington Team Football is a good interim monicker. Even better is Schefter’s indication that the team plans to involve the fans in deciding our long term name.

On a side note this thread is going to be around for a while.

Hail to Washington Team Football!

Hail WTF!!!

4 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

It will be like the announcers that refused to say "Redskins" on air.  They will most likely just refer to us as Washington throughout the broadcast, I don't see them saying the full name every time.  Could you imagine though......

"The Washington Football Team has the ball on their own 10 yard line, 3rd and 30."  "Yeah Bob, the Washington Football Team really shot themselves in the foot with those three false start penalties to start the drive."  "Haskins drops back to pass from his own endzone, sack! And the Washington Football Team just gave up a safety on their first drive of the season." 

'Yeah Matt, the Washington Football Team failed to address a solid left tackle in the off-season."  "Snap for the free kick, bad coverage, he takes it all the way back for a touchdown!"  "Yeah Bob, I was talking to sources within the Washington Football Team and they said they thought they were strong on special teams this year."  "Boy were they wrong."  "This broadcast of the Washington Football Team is brought to you by Pepto Bismol."  "Feeling nauseous watching your Washington Football Team team play?  Then you need to upgrade to the pink level seats and choose Pepto Bismol for instant relief." 

For some reason I can picture you in a straight jacket repeating this same thing to yourself outloud...

• Haha 2

@Dont Taze Me Bro man, they will intentionally call us the Washington Football Team as much as possible to troll us.

The number of "about time" hot takes all year is just...franchise is walking right into this thinking folks will give us credit for what, "finally taking into consideration the social impact of their actions"?

Nope, folks going to get it while they can not that the go ahead and all clear has been given.

Again, keeping this whole season on mute, NFL has access to All-22 game film versions of the games, may just watch that instead if we even have a season, not interested in their opinions in this one, it's gonna be ugly.

• Like 1

I like that people actually think that the logo will be gone from every digital space in like 20 minutes lol. People are dumb. 

I think Washington Football Team is more than fine enough for a temp name. I would have accepted it as the final name honestly. 

• Like 4

1932 Boston Braves

1933-1936 Boston Redskins

1937-2020 Washington Redskins

2020 Washington Football Team

2021-?  ???????? (DC Redwolves)

I hope they can say what the name is going to be prior to the official change. So, we can at least refer to the future Redwolves (or whatever) by that name as fans. Even if it can’t legally appear on programs or merchandise or websites or in standings or whatever, we can say what our team is by title. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

ET.WashingtonFootballTeam.Com

I like mine better. XXXtremeTeam.com.

From now on, I want to refer to formerly-Redskins players as the Teamsters.

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Washington Team Football is a good interim monicker. Even better is Schefter’s indication that the team plans to involve the fans in deciding our long term name.

If we get to vote, the Teamy McTeamfaces is going to be my vote. If they're choosing The Football Team as their name, I shall honor that choice.

• Like 1

Washington Football Team is fine. Washington FT for short. Hail to the FT. Uniforms and helmets look good. I would laugh if Snyder keeps it Washington FT after 2020 and beyond. It's kind of like a middle finger to everyone that wanted a name change. 

Edited by SprintBomb
1 minute ago, SprintBomb said:

Washington Football Team is fine. Washington FT for short. Hail to the FT. Uniforms and helmets look good. I would laugh if Snyder keeps it Washington FT after 2020 and beyond. It's kind of like a middle finger to everyone that wanted a name change. 

No it's not, it'd be a middle finger to us as fans.

Everyone else will lose interest within a year once we aren't outrage of the month anymore.

Washington Football Team sounds dumb, as I said before.  Washington Football Club, has a nice ring to it....but whatever.

Love the uniforms, the number on the side of the helmet is awesome.  

And the Seattle Kraken is a stupid name.  I didn't think that was real at first.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 3
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic