Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I like that people actually think that the logo will be gone from every digital space in like 20 minutes lol. People are dumb. 

You mean they can’t just call the internet global tech support department and have them press the ”fix this” button?

image.jpeg.b5a762e8b0bb2945650c366fcc394cf8.jpeg

Those uniforms looks great. Also like the number on the helmet. I could see that becoming a permanent thing. Plus, we’ll be called Washington all season, if there is one, and that’s fine by me too.

Could have been worse.

Also seems like there will be an extensive consultation on the name. Great idea.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

No it's not, it'd be a middle finger to us as fans.

Everyone else will lose interest within a year once we aren't outrage of the month anymore.

I would never expect Snyder to leave the name that way,  but it would be a constant reminder that the team was called Redskins and that would make me laugh 

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Again, fans have had no input on this process officially and officially ignored when asking the franchise to get ahead of it before it got to this point.

Not sure why that is really an issue with the temporary move. Isn’t the point of this to enable consultation with the fans, amongst others, on the long term solution. Seems reasonable to me.

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Not sure why that is really an issue with the temporary move. Isn’t the point of this to enable consultation with the fans, amongst others, on the long term solution. Seems reasonable to me.

They've given no indication at all we will be involved in this process at all, and we haven't, at all.

I feel tied to the roof of the car right now as a fan, might as well put me in the trunk since we aren't being given anything on where we going anyway.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

They've given no indication at all we will be involved in this process at all, and we haven't, at all.

I feel tied to the roof of the car right now as a fan, might as well put me in the trunk since we aren't being given anything on where we going anyway.

you should change your name to Aunt Edna

7 minutes ago, SprintBomb said:

I would never expect Snyder to leave the name that way,  but it would be a constant reminder that the team was called Redskins and that would make me laugh 

The only thing that surprises me with this franchise anymore is allowing myself to be surprised.  Hoping for the best, accepting the worst.

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Washington Football Team sounds dumb, as I said before.  Washington Football Club, has a nice ring to it....but whatever.

The only way to get me to go along with "Club" is if we convince the Cowboys to change their name to the Seals. Then we can go Seal Clubbing twice a year. We could sell seal plush toys and clubs.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Relax man.

It's been not even a month since they've made the announcement to change the name from Redskins.  And today, it's a placeholder, it's not a definite name.  

So while they've given no indication that fans will be involved in the process, they've also given no indication that the fans WON'T be involved.  It appears we've got a way to go.  So let's see how the process plays out and if fans are considered or not.   

18 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Those uniforms looks great. Also like the number on the helmet. I could see that becoming a permanent thing. Plus, we’ll be called Washington all season, if there is one, and that’s fine by me too.

Could have been worse.

Also seems like there will be an extensive consultation on the name. Great idea.

Best possible outcome. I was fully expecting to see "#Washington Warriors" trending, lord as my witness

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

@Renegade7 that does imply a wide consultation 

Thanks for posting that, came out an hour ago, even the statement on the official name retirement was saying they wanted us to be aware for the most part.

Yes, more clarity in where we will fit in this would be better, for a franchise as tone deaf as this, benefit of the doubt has to be earned back.

As optimistic as I try to be, they bleed almost all of out of me, I'll admit that.

Archived