Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

If it just the Washington Football team then it is really still the Redskins - which suites me just fine.  Everyone will know that is their actual name (Imagine the cancel culture will have a fit when the Redskin song is sung after each TD). Let's hope they stick with that.

Edited by nonniey
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Destino said:

We’re getting mocked in every corner of the sports universe for this, and it’s only been a few hours.

Nah it is just a maneuver against the cancel culture - if they Just go with Football team and also keep the colors it means they are still the Redskins and that song will  be sung after every TD. HTTR. 

• Sad 1
Just now, nonniey said:

Nah it is just a maneuver against the cancel culture - if they Just go with Football team and also keep the colors it means they are still the Redskins and that song will  be sung after every TD. HTTR. 

Take whatever time you need to come to terms with this man.  We’re all working through our stages of grief together.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

Why do you keep saying that?  You know damn well they're not singing "Hail to the Redskins" after we score.  

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Cowboy fan opinions don't matter to me, Lebron. 

He’s one of those Cowboy Laker Yankee fans right?  Love his play on the court, but that the literal worst sportsfan an American can be.  It’s like rooting for oil companies, Amazon, and Walmart.  

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 3
14 minutes ago, Destino said:

Take whatever time you need to come to terms with this man.  We’re all working through our stages of grief together.

Ya think?  - if the team goes with no name people will automatically defer to the old name. Maybe Dan does see the board and saw the Prince post earlier. We are now "The team formerly known as the Redskins."

13 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Why do you keep saying that?  You know damn well they're not singing "Hail to the Redskins" after we score.  

Ok got me there -to clarify it will be sung after Washington scores not the other team (and yes I imagine they will score on occasion).

Edited by nonniey

Ya think?  - if the team goes with no name people will automatically defer to the old name. Maybe Dan does see the board and saw the Prince post earlier. We are now "The team formerly known as the Redskins."

I'm probably going to just keep calling them the Redskins, regardless. 

• Thanks 2

I think we’re far more likely to be called the “No Names” than anything with the word Redskins in it by the media this year.  

5 minutes ago, profusion said:

I'm probably going to just keep calling them the Redskins, regardless. 

And with no name it certainly helps (Prince was still called Prince). I guarantee if there is no name the vast majority of people will refer to them as the Redskins. I like that - so lets stick with no name.

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

I think we’re far more likely to be called the “No Names” than anything with the word Redskins in it by the media this year.  

The media yeah - everyone else? - nah it will be Redskins. 

Edited by nonniey

I know it was brought back by Bruce but I'm going to miss the gold (yellow) pants.  Reminded me of the old days which were good and not as controversial.  Can always see Larry Brown running in those unis in my head.   Good times.

37 minutes ago, Destino said:
We’re being ridiculed in every corner of the sports universe for this, and it’s only been a few hours.  

One of these guys is reasonable and rational. The other is an asshole. Guess who is who?

• Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic