Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

^So I was gonna get started on a couple of these this weekend, but Van Helsing caught my eye last night. (I have a bit of a blindspot for supernatural/science fiction stuff). For a show so highly rated, this acting is bad (so far) on a level that is causing great physical stress and discomfort. Pretty sure I've heard the female equivalent of the wilhem scream several times now. I'm on ep 6 and the story seems very promising, but I may not get to the end of this before I bite myself.

I recognize several actors and actresses from other shows, mainly Heyerdall, who played the ultra ****ty Gunderson on Hell on Wheels (VERY good show btw), so I know they can do better than this, and apparently must have (there are two seasons of this up on Ndtflix, and apparently a Season 3 is close to dropping this month).

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Watched the first episode of "Jack Ryan" last night on Prime and it totally blew me away.  I thought I'd have a hard time not seeing "Jim" when looking at Krasinski.. and once it got going.. wow.  This is going to be a fun show. 

~Bang

• Like 1

On 9/15/2018 at 11:39 AM, Bang said:

Watched the first episode of "Jack Ryan" last night on Prime and it totally blew me away.  I thought I'd have a hard time not seeing "Jim" when looking at Krasinski.. and once it got going.. wow.  This is going to be a fun show. 

~Bang

Been binge watching Jack Ryan. Love it.

Can't help but feel that despite their best efforts to balance the Islamist terrorists they still just come off as monsters. If a north korean equivalent ran on NK TV ran, we'd laugh at it as blatant propaganda. I mean, they intro the origin story of the terrorists in the pilot so we get an idea of their motivation(s). 

That's my only beef really. That and that the love interest is chubby. 

• Haha 1

On 9/15/2018 at 10:39 AM, Bang said:

~Bang

This is how I felt when Krasinski was cast, but then I watched 13 hours, and realized he could pull it off.

Just watched the Dragon Prince on Netflix.  (started it earlier today and finished it tonight)

Pretty good and cute fantasy cartoon by some of the folks who worked on the Avatar series.  

Watched it with my mom who was here for the weekend. 

Image result for dragon prince  image.jpeg.7bc9864bfa24e39ec09af3dcde2580a7.jpeg   Image result for dragon prince

(We also started watching Peaky Blinders which I never got around to before.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Season 2 of Ozarks.  Man, I'm burnt out.  I didn't think it could have been any darker than S1, but I was wrong.  Linney & Bateman shined again, but the newcomer, Janet McTeer as Helen Pierce, the attorney for the cartel, stole the show this season.  She was fantabulous.  Great show.

Halfway though S6 of wentworth...so good.  Wentworth > Orange is the new Black...by a country mile.  :ninja: 

Only watched one episode of Warriors of Liberty City, but it was solid.  It's a perfect mix, a documentary about life in the hood in Miami, and little league football.  These kids have nothing and come from nothing.  :( 

• Like 3

finished season 2. Although I enjoyed, I felt it was a step down from season 1

Ruth is a great character, but they really overwrote her in some parts. Its like the teams knows they have something with the actress and character, but many of those lines were terrible. Really liked Laura Linney's transition, but they weren't exactly subtle in projecting the Snells as potential future for her & Marty

speaking of the Snells, they were probably my favorite thing about season 2

I'll put the more specific notes here:

Spoiler

- They really lost me when the Snells survived that ambush. No way both of them come out alive, let alone relatively unscathed for the amount of bullets that got put into that car

- FBI agent Petty is the most annoying character on the show, glad he's dead. If they fish him out that water, I will be done with the series at that very moment

- They gotta find a way to make the kids disappear. Their storylines are boring and uninteresting and its dragging the show down IMO. Everytime they're on my screen, I find myself waiting for them to leave my screen. This is never good. Same thing happened to me with Ray Donovan, the kids ruined that show for me.

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Anyone watch Manifest? Cool idea but I have some complaints about the execution of the story. It also felt rushed. It has a good lead in so it'll probably stick around (although I haven't looked at the viewers).

Thoughts?

Im recording it so I can binge it later this fall.

On 9/25/2018 at 10:09 AM, The Evil Genius said:

So the Magnum reboot wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

I'll give it a shot for the scenery and the car but it will never match the original.

Reveal hidden contents

why does CBS require every cast member be super soldiers on these shows?

Is it one of those thing where it'd be great if they just gave it a whole new name but and identity but don't?

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Is it one of those thing where it'd be great if they just gave it a whole new name but and identity but don't?

Yeah maybe. I thought they dismissed a lot of the mysteries from the previous series too easily. But overall I'll watch it because Ferraris, Hawaii, and whatever is usually a winner for me. I just don't understand why everyone is a skilled supersoldier in these shows. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Anyone watch Manifest? Cool idea but I have some complaints about the execution of the story. It also felt rushed. It has a good lead in so it'll probably stick around (although I haven't looked at the viewers).

Thoughts?

This show definitely on my watch list. Was traveling so, haven't had a chance to see it yet.

At least there's finally some new TV to watch.

I watched Hulu's "The First".   It stars Sean Penn about a mission to Mars.  The first season was a very slow burn, even slower than Netflix's Lost in Space. It was just back story on the characters.  If there's a second season, is when you get the playoff.

Spoiler

The season ends with them finally launching to Mars.  Their journey and actually making it to Mars, assume will be Season 2; if it gets that far.

I also started watching an Australian show on Hulu called "Harrow" starring Ioan Gruffudd, best know for playing Reed Richards in the Fantastic Four movies.