Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

45 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Anyone see the new season of Reacher and have thoughts?

I think they have Reacher talking more than he did in the first season and it's to the shows detriment.  This cat looks a whole lot more like Reacher than midget Cruise but he's not the best actor in the world.  If he keeps his mouth shut, like the character in the book, it works better.  Still, like the show.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2024 at 5:38 PM, The 12th Commandment said:

I think they have Reacher talking more than he did in the first season and it's to the shows detriment.  This cat looks a whole lot more like Reacher than midget Cruise but he's not the best actor in the world.  If he keeps his mouth shut, like the character in the book, it works better.  Still, like the show.

I feel the same. 

Much of his dialog is absolutely cringe-worthy.....but......it's a lot of fun to watch.  Not Strike Back fun, but fun nonetheless.

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Cruise was a believable Reacher. It’s hard to imagine any thug or random asshole challenging this hulking beast of a man from the Reacher show. He’s also OP in that he’s too smart and can do everything. 

If you were blind and just listening the Cruise Reacher would be really good.  But the fact is, the character in the book IS a hulking beast of a man.  It's front and center of who the character is.  And Cruise, visually, fails badly exuding the sense of menace the character requires. 

I'll grant you the writing seems to have slipped some this season too. 

• Thumb up 1

I finished Jack Ryan season 4. Loved the introduction of Michael Pena's character(if you've played Rainbow Six you'll recognize the name) but was hoping the ending would have some kind of introduction to Rainbow Six.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I finished Jack Ryan season 4. Loved the introduction of Michael Pena's character(if you've played Rainbow Six you'll recognize the name) but was hoping the ending would have some kind of introduction to Rainbow Six.

Having read the books, I assume he's Ding Chavez?

On 1/11/2024 at 4:49 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

Anyone see the new season of Reacher and have thoughts?

It's not as good as the first season, but it's still fun.

I'm here to tell you guys that The Brothers Sun is ****ing fantastic.  Finished it up over the weekend and I loved it.

I'm revisiting the first season of The Punisher with Jon Bernthal because watching Reacher Season 2 and The Brothers Sun put me in the mood for more shows about kicking ass.  That, and it makes me smile knowing that some **** at Disney somewhere is cringing that someone is watching the Punisher.  I know they didn't want to include it on Disney+ and that makes me happy.

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

If you like documentaries and don’t mind being outraged, utterly, by what you see give American Nightmare a look. It’s short, only three episodes.

I live 15 minutes away from where this took place. Unreal how the police treated it and them. 

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I live 15 minutes away from where this took place. Unreal how the police treated it and them. 

the cops would have had to murder them to do any worse. And of course not a single one of them disciplined at all.

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Funny you say that. Vallejo cops are kind of known for killing people. 

Looks like the documentary should have been about Matty Mustard, CAs wunder cop.

• Thumb up 1

Finished season 1 of White Lotus.  Entertaining but odd.  I felt like some of the dialogue was forced and unrealistic.  I didn't like how Rachel went back to that douche bag husband.  Sydney Sweeney and Alexandra Daddario are hot af.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Destino said:

If you like documentaries and don’t mind being outraged, utterly, by what you see give American Nightmare a look. It’s short, only three episodes.

I watched this last night.  Really good, really well done and absolutely terrifying.  

I can't imagine being in that dude's situation and not giving Mat Mustard the finger and telling him to **** off.  

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 3:47 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm here to tell you guys that The Brothers Sun is ****ing fantastic.  Finished it up over the weekend and I loved it.

Finished this recently, I've been pushing this to anyone who will listen. Great show. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Finished season 1 of White Lotus.  Entertaining but odd.  I felt like some of the dialogue was forced and unrealistic.  I didn't like how Rachel went back to that douche bag husband.  Sydney Sweeney and Alexandra Daddario are hot af.  

That show is so weird and I watched every single episode happily. 

the hotel manager is completely insane. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1