Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

I just started watching it 4 years ago.  The ending was worth it. One of the best TV shows I have ever watched.  Breaking Bad level good.   Really hard to explain the story arc... just, it's about friends,  people, fears and society. The first couple seasons are really fantastic. 

It doesn't pace like other anime (it's not all that slow compared to "Demon slayer").  While I watched Demonslayer S1... the story didn't take and the anime was so slow in follow-on.  The only other anime I got into as much was "Death Note" -- that one kind've fell off in the end.  Also,  I watched "Erased" (the anime version)...

It’s possible there maybe spin-offs to Doctor Who. Since what will now be called Series 1, only has 8 episodes and Series 2, 9 episodes ; plenty of room for more shows.  Rumored spinoffs, a Unit show, a villian show and a 8th Doctor spinoff.

Let’s hope these come to fruition. Best way to keep interest in the show, is to have related programming year round and not take years off like the recent eras.

On 11/6/2023 at 5:11 PM, GoDeep81 said:

Bosch:Legacy (season2) came back Oct. 20. If you're not familiar with the Bosch shows, start with Bosch and watch through Bosch:Legacy.  Very good crime drama! 

There are two recurring characters who passed away in real life over the past year or two.

I’m all cause get up. I enjoy it. It gets a little campy with some forced jokes, but I keep waiting for the next release of episodes.

Heard some of the theme song on Veterans Day and got me in the mood to watch a bit. Victory at Sea might be a healthy dose of propaganda, but I loved watching it the first time I saw it. The music, the narration, the repeated and sometimes wrong use of clips of film, the short half-hour episodes, it's comforting to watch footage of a war where we're simply the good guys and they're simply the bad guys.

The two I watched last night

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

My brother got me to start the anime Attack on Titan. 

every episode is me saying “holy ****” every 5 minutes. Haunting, creepy titans with really nice animation and a fascinating world. 11 episodes in, im hooked. 

You're so lucky to get invested at this time instead of after the first season when there was like a three year hiatus before a short season 2 released.

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

ftYVmUz.jpg

If you like adult animated series, do not miss this one. I just watched a hallucinating samurai fight a red eyed giant while a Japanese version of For Whom The Bell Tolls played in the background. This is my happy place. 

I will definitely check this out.  If you haven't watched this animated show on Netflix I think it's worth of shot.  The show is called Arcane 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Maxito said:

I will definitely check this out.  If you haven't watched this animated show on Netflix I think it's worth of shot.  The show is called Arcane 

Oh I’ve definitely seen it. Twice. Story was great, but the animation and art style is the best I’ve ever seen. The French studio that made it worked a miracle. I’m excited season 2 was finally announced, even though I’m bummed that it’s still a year away. 

• Thumb up 1

On 11/7/2023 at 12:36 AM, PokerPacker said:

It's annoying that Amazon put it on a separate ad-supported streaming service.

I used to think that....but those ads are a good excuse to get off my ass and stretch....especially if I'm binge watching...

On 11/14/2023 at 8:06 PM, PokerPacker said:

You're so lucky to get invested at this time instead of after the first season when there was like a three year hiatus before a short season 2 released.

Mrs. Skinsfan and I are always lucky that way.   By the time we get around to watching most series, they've already been out for a long time.

On 11/14/2023 at 10:34 PM, Destino said:

Oh I’ve definitely seen it. Twice. Story was great, but the animation and art style is the best I’ve ever seen. The French studio that made it worked a miracle. I’m excited season 2 was finally announced, even though I’m bummed that it’s still a year away. 

Oh man, I was hooked once I saw the graphics and was like, wow!  I started watching Blue Eye Samurai, and so far so good.  I like the cook (I forgot his name, though) 

• Thumb up 1

All the Light You Cannot See

WW2 drama series on Netflix. 

Mark Ruffalo is SO bad i turned it off. He's awful, like Golden Turkey bad. His accent is ..  like an American guy trying to play a French guy but can't stop throwing an English inflection into the words. Horrible.

~Bang

• Haha 1