Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

I’m late to “The Offer” on paramount+ but i love it.  Critics hated it according to rotten tomatoes but audiences loved it.  I’m definitely with the audience on this one.  It’s obviously nothing compared to the movie, but it’s funny and entertaining.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 5/18/2022 at 1:44 PM, gbear said:

No, but I will add it to my que after I finish solos which won't take long.

FANTASTIC show. It's german so if you're not the subtitle or dub type you might have trouble with it but honestly, it might be one of my top 5 all-time faves. Incredible concept, killer performances, and awesome soundtrack!

On 5/18/2022 at 1:45 PM, The Evil Genius said:

The new scifi Prime show starring JK Simmons and Sissy Spacek that is dropping Friday looks really good. 

I'm enjoying this one!

On 5/20/2022 at 7:28 PM, TK said:

Either of them as good as SyFy's version of 12 Monkeys? 

IMHO, DARK is way better. 12 Monkeys is good. Dark is honestly just mind-blowing. Highly recommend. Like I told gbear though, it's german. Some folks don't like the foreign stuff because of dubbing or subtitles. I watched it with english dubbing. English is a germanic language so the dubbing really isn't too jarring. Great, great show.

Edited by Chachie

Stranger Things season 4 is legit. Kids are in high school now so it’s lost the more childish, adventurous fun aspects of the ET/Goonies vibe it had and is now full blown Nightmare on Elm Street and IT. It’s scary, serious, and pretty dark with Vicious bullying, nightmares, PTSD, trauma, horrifying monsters, and gruesome deaths. It's wild and intense. Max is the runaway star character of this season too but everyone has something to do and is great doing it 

After 4 episodes, it’s shaping up to be the best season yet imo

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Stranger Things season 4 is legit. Kids are in high school now so it’s lost the more childish, adventurous fun aspects of the ET/Goonies vibe it had and is now full blown Nightmare on Elm Street and IT. It’s scary, serious, and pretty dark with Vicious bullying, nightmares, PTSD, trauma, horrifying monsters, and gruesome deaths. It's wild and intense. Max is the runaway star character of this season too but everyone has something to do and is great doing it 

After 4 episodes, it’s shaping up to be the best season yet imo

it’s good horror.  Sure it has some science fiction elements, but it’s bones are horror and it does it well.  I finished part 1 of season 4 and enjoyed every minute.  

Spoiler

I cheered when 11 smashed that bullies face with the skate.  **** had it coming.  lol

Finished season 1 of Outer Range.

Lots of What the **** is going on here? for me. 
They seem to have a nifty idea with a lot of (as of now) muddy metaphors and a lot of explaining to do. 

~Bang

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bang said:

They seem to have a nifty idea with a lot of (as of now) muddy metaphors and a lot of explaining to do. 

~Bang

There's a new show on Prime (also) with Sissy Spacek called, "Night Sky" and it has a very similar theme. I like both shows. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

I got about halfway through the first episode of Night Sky, but it just seems boring...I guess it gets better?

It does! Admittedly, it's a bit of a slow burner but the concept is cool and it does build in "intrigue."

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

I got about halfway through the first episode of Night Sky, but it just seems boring...I guess it gets better?

Very slow build up, but picks up more around halfway through it (episode 5).  Pretty cool story and it ended the first season without disappointment.  Only 8 total episodes, but it has me wanting more.  Hopefully it gets a season 2 cause it's not been canceled or renewed yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/30/2022 at 11:29 PM, Destino said:

it’s good horror.  Sure it has some science fiction elements, but it’s bones are horror and it does it well.  I finished part 1 of season 4 and enjoyed every minute.  

Reveal hidden contents

I cheered when 11 smashed that bullies face with the skate.  **** had it coming.  lol

I just finished it. ****ing loved it 

Spoiler

Man the ending reveal with 1 ties the entire series together. Answered the questions from

this season and brought it full circle with season 1 and even prior to season 1, answering several lingering questions from the beginning of the series. Just an unbelievable climax. Feels like it’s been 1 from the very beginning and the mind flayer and demogorgons are all his pawns or have come under his control. Curious why he hasn’t been killing kids the last several years but maybe he was getting those things to attack. Happy we have a true antagonist now with a good backstory, destined to fight 11. 

I'm about a month late to the boat, but 2 episodes in and Tokyo Vice has me hooked. The main crime story is interesting, but the glimpses of 1990s Tokyo life through the eyes of a foreigner trying to fit in does a great job of keeping me interested on its own. It scratches an itch that Counterpart did too, investigative series that watch people try to adapt to different worlds than the ones they're used to.

I wish there was a true genre of TV series that just follows a character moving to and living in a different culture and discovering the differences.

Edited by NickyJ

On 5/31/2022 at 1:05 PM, Bang said:

~Bang

The last 2 episodes definitely had a lot of wtf payoff to them. 

Spoiler

Like who Autumn ending up being.

Speaking of late to the party,  started Reacher last night. Solid action and dry humor but it feels like it's lacking something...I'm sure I'll enjoy all of it though. At least they finally cast Reacher correctly. 

Watching CW’s Tom Swift- a spin-off of a character that appeared on Nancy Drew. Just started. Don’t know if it will survive the CW purge but will watch anyway; even if it’s a one season show. 1st episode was pretty interesting.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

21 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Has anyone used the app Freevee?  I see that there is a season of Bosch: Legacy on it.  I’m going to try to figure it out.

I get it through Amazon Prime, with some adds (but not too bad).

Legacy is on the money and, if anything, is even better than the original Bosch show.  

• Thanks 1