Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you could have the skills of any athlete (all time) who would you choose?

daveakl

Tiger Woods. I dont even think it's close.

That's what I was thinking (golf) or even nascar, things you can do until you are in your 50's at a high level.

---------- Post added February-15th-2013 at 04:29 PM ----------

Peter Forsberg/Mike Modano. Scoring machines.

At 47 what are you planning on doing with that ;)

All time?

I'm going to go left field on this and go with Gaius Appeleius Diocles. He was a Roman Chariot racer - and the most successful of all time and star of the Circus Maximus in the second century AD. His career earnings - adjusted for inflation and in todays values were around $15bn. Given I'm 47 standing on a chariot seems just about doable ......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/aug/29/diocles-roman-charioteer-usain-bolt

Roger Federer.

If I could have the skills of Federer I would be a happy man.

I can play tennis til i die... and Nadal can play it with both hands.

~Bang

Exactly. We can play tennis well into old age as long as the shoulder and elbows hold up. My Dad had to quit because of his rotator cuff.

Well, I'm 33 now, so I'm taking Randy Johnson circa 1998-2002, when he was entering his age 34-38 seasons. From 1998 to 2002, Randy Johnson had a W-L record of 100-38, with 1,746!! strikeouts, an average of 349 per season. An ERA (if I calculated it correctly) of 2.63 over that span. Four Cy Young awards in a row from 1999-2002. A World Series championship in 2001, as well as being named CO-MVP of the series. The pitching triple crown in 2002 when he led the league in wins/ERA/strikeouts with 24/2.32/334. An immaculate inning (three strikeouts on nine straight strikes, no balls) in 2001. A 20 strikeout game in 2001. The record for most strikeouts in a relief appearance (16) also in 2001. Hell, the only thing missing from that stretch was a no-hitter and perfect game, each of which he did, but not in this five year period. And probably one of the best nicknames in recent sports history.

I would like to retain my current looks however, rather than assuming Randy Johnson's. He was not a handsome man. But yeah, at my age, I could think of a better skillset to acquire than what Johnson did entering his mid-30's.

Shoot my post didn't go through. :doh:

I would do the big four sports...

Football, I would say Darell Green(I had Bo Jackson at first). It's a passing league now, so I would want to have the skills of arguably the best corner back ever. (But mainly his speed and agility)

Baseball, give me Barry Bonds. With or without the steroids.

Hockey, Probably Patrick Roy. I like the goalie position and he is the first one I remember seeing dominate.

Basketball, I am going with Lebron. Him and Shaq are the only two I would even think about taking. Those two are freakish.

Archived