Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you could have the skills of any athlete (all time) who would you choose?

daveakl

I'm going off in a bizarre direction. I would choose Danny Ainge.

I don't think I have the personality to be Lebron James or Albert Pujols. I don't want that level of fame, that pressure. And frankly, I would be Derrick Coleman if I had those skills. I would show up to camp overweight, get by on athleticism, and have a million idiots on message boards and blogs attacking me.

But Danny Ainge. Enough skill to be a legend at a college. Enough skill to play pros in two sports. And be a borderline All Pro in one of them. Still make a lot of money and play in the pros for a long time. Best of all I wouldn't be Mormon, so I could have gotten all the free drinks and barely legal groupies that go along with being a pro athlete and college legend.

And in his post-playing days, he is a 5.6 handicap on the golf course. And - remember - he played Major League Baseball so he would probably be incredible in beer league softball. And I'm sure he still has that jumper so he would always be the top pick in a rec league b-ball game. I would continue to be awesome into my 60s.

Think of it. Imagine being a lawyer or a salesman and everyone knowing that you would immediately be the best golfer, softball player, and basketball player in the office. You would never even have to work.

Danny Ainge.

Whisper it and it sounds like praying.

Yell it and it sounds like music playing.

Any decent left handed relief pitcher.

The return on investment would be incredible. You could make a great living($5+ Mil a year easily)and you might have to throw, what, 20 pitches a week? And you could easily play into your late 30s/early 40s. You don't have to worry about staying in shape either(how many fatass relief pitchers do you see)and there is very little to no injury concern. A very stress free life.

Archived