Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An Early Plea to Sit RGIII.

Jethrodsp

This is what I'm asking ... is this statement true?? I'm assuming you are not a doctor, god knows I'm not.

but if what you are saying is true ... then let'em rip. However, if a doctor were to say that RG3's knee would be X% much more stable and healthy if he took 2013 off ... then what?

I don't understand your question.

There is nothing more than 100%, so how could there be X% more?

---------- Post added January-9th-2013 at 05:25 PM ----------

Sit him.. Protect the player

See, this is what bothers me. How in the world can you, or anyone else, say what he'll be at any given point if the effing doctor who did the effing surgery doesn't even know?

I put this in another thread, but it's appropriate here, too. This is half of ES and all of the media:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc7mS4N2r3U

Even better idea...

Lets trade him...suck for another year or two.

Then 2015 we can draft the kid they call "Jonny Football"

Of course lets hope he doesn't get hurt for two years either.

Players = Play

Winners = Win

Let him play and let him win. At 100% he's the best we've seen in a lonnnnng time

I got a idea...lets put him on # of play limits. Then -After that number of plays - no matter what, we sit him. I don't care what anyone says, of if there is any medical reason. In fact, even if we become the #1 seed and we hit that play limit a the start of the playoffs - we sit him.

That's what I would do.

-Mike Rizzo

First, I do not think this is anything close to a "worst case scenario". Plus, I would rathing not see what cousins can do. He will get his chances. And I definitely do not want to go 6-10 if our star QB is cleared to play. Week one he plays if he is cleared by the medical staff. Nothing else is acceptable to me.

Sometimes the moderator staff gets fiendishly immature pleasure out of leaving certain threads open and just watching who posts in them and what they post. Sometimes it's like watching people at an AA meeting when the topic is "being powerless."

Bottom line is and nothing less. Play him when he's cleared. That's being cautious and prudent.

Play him when he's cleared. Why wait a day longer. NFL career short enough as it is. This kid shouldn't have a financial problem the rest of his life. His window for grestness in the NFL on the otherhand is limited.

Don't play him a day before or after he is cleared. Stop with all the nervous nelly BS posters on here.

You guys act like Andrews has some secret machine that he designed that he can put on a knee and know the % that the knee has recovered.

Doubtful.

The likely scenario is that diagnosing the status of RG3's recovery will involve a significant amount of self reporting. What we learned this year is (a) RG3 is an insanely talented football player, and (B) when faced with the choice between playing or self reporting an injury, he will choose to play. He cannot be trusted to report anything that might cause him to miss time. We therefore need to add time onto his recovery in order to be safe. The question, IMO, is how much time that should be.

I would say leave his return in the hands of Shanahan and the medical staff but on second thought...

That's not how it works.

All professional football decisions (and in the tailgate forum, all thing in the multiverse) are determined by message board posts.

In any case, there is nothing more vital than making "that" post. I just did it. See?

Watch. I'm going to do it again, soon.

Thats like buying a car, wrecking it, getting it fixed, and not driving it for an entire year.

If the guy is told he is 100% healthy by a doctor, why in the world would you sit him.

I'm just going to go ahead and nominate this thread for the trophy case of most ludicrous threads I have ever, EVER seen on ExtremeSkins.

I agree. It's almost like people just don't want him to play....

If he's 100%, he's 100%. If the Doctor says he's 100% come opening day, go. If he's fully healed, he's not going to get anymore fully healed.

Now, if he's not 100%, and there is a risk of re-injury outside of freak accidents, then he should sit until he's ready, but there's not really a point in sitting our most powerful weapon when he's completely healed and ready to go.

Archived