Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN Video: guest Alex Jones Slams Piers Morgan

Zuck

Oh for goodness sake. I don't even know what to say at this point.

Frustrating isn't it? Trying to force your POV on people for them to simply ignore it and brush it aside like it's nonsense. I know it's difficult to reside in a place in this world where your superior POV isn't embraced by the mouth breathing common folk; really, I get it.

However, before simply brushing it off as a complete fabrication, maybe you should do a little research on John MacDougall the libertarian who just happens to be a former classmate of the writer in this particular piece. Now, is the story concocted? Never said it wasn't, not for a minute did I think to myself "man I wish I was a fly on the wall". But since the two are close friends and confidant's I'm sure "O.E.'s" opinion or stance on the topic was solicited. But who cares? I mean, even if it happened right in front of you on CNN you'd find a way to denounce it anyway because it doesn't mesh with your interpretation or stance on the matter. All things anti-predicto are hogwash, fabricated, GOP bull**** that should be dismissed as lunacy! And only POV's, opinions, information and facts that are pro-predicto will be blessed with his supreme stamp of approval!

From this time forward, all things Predicto will reside in Predictotropolis! The perfect little place in the world where no one opposes his views and embraces his Predictotorial philosphy as gospel, everyone gets a long, there's no violence and he has the authority rule upon this land however he deems fit and all virgins will only bare his children! Here here!

Frustrating isn't it? Trying to force your POV on people for them to simply ignore it and brush it aside like it's nonsense. I know it's difficult to reside in a place in this world where your superior POV isn't embraced by the mouth breathing common folk; really, I get it.

However, before simply brushing it off as a complete fabrication, maybe you should do a little research on John MacDougall the libertarian who just happens to be a former classmate of the writer in this particular piece. Now, is the story concocted? Never said it wasn't, not for a minute did I think to myself "man I wish I was a fly on the wall". But since the two are close friends and confidant's I'm sure "O.E.'s" opinion or stance on the topic was solicited. But who cares? I mean, even if it happened right in front of you on CNN you'd find a way to denounce it anyway because it doesn't mesh with your interpretation or stance on the matter. All things anti-predicto are hogwash, fabricated, GOP bull**** that should be dismissed as lunacy! And only POV's, opinions, information and facts that are pro-predicto will be blessed with his supreme stamp of approval!

From this time forward, all things Predicto will reside in Predictotropolis! The perfect little place in the world where no one opposes his views and embraces his Predictotorial philosphy as gospel, everyone gets a long, there's no violence and he has the authority rule upon this land however he deems fit and all virgins will only bare his children! Here here!

Hilarious post.

Now you're just being a dick.

Hilarious post.
Don't look now :rubeyes: but somebody ^^^^^ don't think so!

That's it. While I have had plenty of fine exchanges with both of you, enough is enough.

Zoed, see you in six months if you want to return.

deejay, if you can't get over how your "lib hate" issues (they're about the only ones you have here) and how they drive you into too many "troll-lite" and the "personalized attack" issues re: rule 5, you're going to get nailed, too, and other than the month for this time (for rule 5 and 12).

I don't give a **** what random "internet warriors" say about bias---I am seriously biased. For those who haven't figured it out by now, I am biased against the willfully stupid and "men" acting like ill-behaved children.

I don't give a **** what demographic or POV you're "all for" or "all against."

If this kind of dumbassery is going to be a regular signature take it to another site. Have fun there.

A

For a while I was for that too, but once I got my FFL and saw what Nazis the ATF is....no way. They're worse than the IRS. And I see no other point for registration other than a step closer to confiscation. Every dictator who took guns away figured out who had them first. Registration wouldn't have stopped any of these major massacres I can think of. Most of these people kill themselves after doing it anyway.

Been a little busy, so kind of late responding to this.

I see what you are saying. My perspective is this. I've worked in Law enforcement and now the court system for over 15 years. Nothing is more frustrating than a reported burglary w a ****load of guns stolen and either the gun is not registered and/or the owner does not know the serial number so it can't be put in the state and national computer system as stolen.

The sentencing laws for possessing a stolen gun are stiffer than those for just having a gun unlawfully (ie convicted felons but the severity also depends on the prior felony conviction).

the vast majority of guns on the black market (and even in the legitimate market) are stolen guns.

I wouldn't mind a little more restriction on the initial purchase of guns, but I have no faith it will make any difference in regard to punishment. I see way too many people who unlawfully possess guns and are given a slap on the wrist unless they are a life long violent criminal. Yet the marjority of these mass shootings are on people who have no criminal history. Defense attorneys are trained and skilled to get people out of these predicaments, its not going to change.

The culture needs to change. the way we raise our kids needs to change. the way we teach children how to deal with conflict, the desensitization of people in regard to value of human life and violence. until we spend a hell of a lot of time addressing these and other similar issues, crime against persons and violence in general is not going to change.

PS- I've read a little on Florida's laws, I actually like them. Although it goes back to- you can have all the laws you want on the books, its how you apply those law that makes the difference.

Been a little busy, so kind of late responding to this.

I see what you are saying. My perspective is this. I've worked in Law enforcement and now the court system for over 15 years. Nothing is more frustrating than a reported burglary w a ****load of guns stolen and either the gun is not registered and/or the owner does not know the serial number so it can't be put in the state and national computer system as stolen.

The sentencing laws for possessing a stolen gun are stiffer than those for just having a gun unlawfully (ie convicted felons but the severity also depends on the prior felony conviction).

the vast majority of guns on the black market (and even in the legitimate market) are stolen guns.

I wouldn't mind a little more restriction on the initial purchase of guns, but I have no faith it will make any difference in regard to punishment. I see way too many people who unlawfully possess guns and are given a slap on the wrist unless they are a life long violent criminal. Yet the marjority of these mass shootings are on people who have no criminal history. Defense attorneys are trained and skilled to get people out of these predicaments, its not going to change.

The culture needs to change. the way we raise our kids needs to change. the way we teach children how to deal with conflict, the desensitization of people in regard to value of human life and violence. until we spend a hell of a lot of time addressing these and other similar issues, crime against persons and violence in general is not going to change.

PS- I've read a little on Florida's laws, I actually like them. Although it goes back to- you can have all the laws you want on the books, its how you apply those law that makes the difference.

Don't you understand LJS?

You cops are nothing mor than nazis.

Complete fascism is only just a step away... we're RIGHT THERE ON THE ****ING BRINK of TOTAL TYRANNY.

the paranoia in this country is RIDICULOUS.

~BAng

Complete fascism is only just a step away... we're RIGHT THERE ON THE ****ING BRINK of TOTAL TYRANNY.

~BAng

Yes it is. And it's really beginning to get scary. :paranoid:

heheh We GOB's never lie. Or at least we don't get caught. :)

I was just rereading the thread and I thought it might look like I went crying to the mods and got people banned. For the record I like ZoEd and I respect his many years of service, and I had nice conversations with him in the past even when we disagreed, and I'm not sure what happened here this time.

I know I'm a self-righteous, pedantic, liberal elitist, but I wasn't being too bad in this thread, I thought.

What you need to do is keep such posts as this out of the threads in question. If you a need to give feedback, there's a forum or PMs for that, but you have made comments on such things before and that's bothersome and allows for temp ban itself per rule 18 (see sections about opinions or commentary on moderation action). No member influences a mod in that manner. It's either silly or self-serving or self-aggrandizing to think otherwise.

Let's make this the last time you do it. I liked ZoEd a lot, too, and like deejaydana too and did not like taking that action (temp bans) and avoided such as long as I reasonably could, but not because I like them, but because they are good contributors much of the time and usually allowed enough slack in the transgressions to merit latitude. Up to a point.

Now back to the topic.

What you need to do is keep such posts as this out of the threads in question. If you a need to give feedback, there's a forum or PMs for that, but you have made comments on such things before and that's bothersome and allows for temp ban itself per rule 18 (see sections about opinions or commentary on moderation action). No member influences a mod in that manner. It's either silly or self-serving or self-aggrandizing to think otherwise.

I know I don't, and I didn't mean to imply it. Sorry. I deleted my posts.

Isn't this how you define political expediency? I think it further illustrates that the FAR right does not understand that government can do important things that need to be done.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/after-shootings-some-states-rethink-deep-cuts-to-mental-health-care-consider-more-spending/2013/01/23/7c7fd4b2-6592-11e2-889b-f23c246aa446_story.html?hpid=z4

DES MOINES, Iowa — Dozens of states have slashed spending on mental health care over the last four years, driven by the recession’s toll on revenue and, in some cases, a new zeal to shrink government.

But that trend may be heading for a U-turn in 2013 after last year’s shooting rampages by two mentally disturbed gunmen.

The reversal is especially jarring in statehouses dominated by conservative Republicans, who aggressively cut welfare programs but now find themselves caught in a crosscurrent of pressures involving gun control, public safety and health care for millions of disadvantaged Americans.

Isn't this how you define political expediency?

I think it's a case of

When is funding mental health care conservative?

When the NRA needs to divert attention away from gun control.

Edit:

I suspect that "When we can put back half of the money we cut, and claim we increased it" will likely fit, too.

~BAng

No everything is just fine, because if we aren't one step away from nazis we must not be a step away from anything.

No grey area here.

Just paranoid insanity, or head in the sand denial.

Is it possible to be seriously concerned without being insanely paranoid? Or does everyone who questions the official stories in certain situations more often then most, fit neatly into a group or type that can be charachterized, categorized, and dismissed as idiots. As you read this I bet you are doing just that with me and are anxious to prove it.

There are all sorts of people out there who believe all sorts of things. Many of them are legit many of them possibly not. Being open to the possibilities of great lies is no great mental deficiency. Nobody knows what level of nefarious conspiracy people are capable of. They only know what they have been told, and their interpretation of the evidence presented to support it.

Youd think people would be less concerned with the paranoid listeners of alex jones and more concerned with an endless drug war that is filling our jails and helping bankrupt the country, just to name a quick example of something that raises legit concerns with me.

Which worry you more, the mindless drones that believe everything alex jones says or the mindless drones flying all over the country spying on people and all over the world doing much worse?

I am always surprised at how far the crazy paranoid can take their interpretation of how close to nazi germany this country is, but not nearly as surprised as how many people choose to deny the negative nature of the path many parts of our goverment are taking and instead focus their efforts on an imaginary army of stupid people who all have the same psychological diagnosis that the super wise on this board and elsewhere, have outlined to a T, and believe all the same outlandish conspiracies, that are too crazy to be true.

If history tells us anything its that the citizens of countries seemingly headed in the direction of tyranny were not overly paranoid, but not nearly paranoid enough.

There is a lot of information out there that is not just youtube fluff that support a very different view of what is going on in this world then what is presented to us by the media that most of us get our info from.

Just saying...

Here is a good example of a candid look into the mindset and agendas of some people who have quite a bit of control over what we see and hear as news. Maybe there are some vastly different ideas of what constitutes tyranny between us avg joes and the elite news makers.

Ted Turner speaks his mind: If you can get through the nazi references, which I agree are tedious, there is still some mightly alarming statements being made.

One child policy for the US for a 100 years Ted? Really?

Archived