Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN Video: guest Alex Jones Slams Piers Morgan

Zuck

This is one of those posts that have me looking for the "like" button. But Poman, that seems to be the trend, especially on ES as of late; if you lean left you're of higher intelligence and morally uncorrupt; everyone else are bigots, fear mongers, lunatics, idiots, rednecks, gun toting-bible thumping-out of touch dumbasses. Their opinions and political views are thinly veiled behind "tolerance and equality" but they're the most intolerant and hardheaded people I've ever seen. You make a post stating your opinion and it's like blood in the water, you get bombarded with all the fradulant lables mentioned above and your intelligence is indicted because you believe in God and a persons right to own a gun.

Do you agree with Alex Jones's paranoid rant in the original post? Do you think the analogy with Adolf Hitler and the fear of a "new world order" is accurate?

If not, why are you getting your panties in a bunch when people make fun of Alex Jones? Is your self-esteem so tied up in your guns that any discussion that involves a crazy person (who happens to rant about guns along with everything else he rants about) is necessarily an attack on you and your conservative values and your Christianity and your intelligence?

There seems to be a lot of unfocused resentment under the surface there. Why would this be the thread that would bring it out?

I have read about the "newtown hoax" quite a bit. It is utterly fascinating

Most of it is centered around the video of the murdered girls father smiling before he speaks to the press. They claim he is an actor.

---------- Post added January-9th-2013 at 12:36 PM ----------

See if this video link works

I bet this jerk won't go in front of one of the family members and say that crap.

One can argue that the biggest "sweeping generalization" of all is the NRA-pushed notion that the Second Amendment means Absolutely NO Restrictions on Gun Ownership of Any Type.

The "well-regulated" part of the Second Amendment doesn't exist in their world.

Sadly, the well-regulated is open for interpretation as well. Does it mean type of weapons? Does it refer to training? Does it mean the militia is regulated by a people's right to bear arms, to ensure a free state? It can be viewed many different ways, instead of being just black and white. I believe the way the 2nd Amendment was written there is no restriction on gun ownership. I'm also not in the NRA. However, there were not AK-47's and the like during the Civil War. Does the Amendment need to be modernized? I'm open to an intellectual debate about it for sure, as changing the Constitution needs to be done very carefully and not as a reactionary measure.

---------- Post added January-9th-2013 at 12:32 PM ----------

Jesus Christ.

And we aren't allowed to make fun of that?

Hahaha...as I mentioned, the extremist nutcases on either side are great sources of entertainment, much like Alex Jones....

Sadly, the well-regulated is open for interpretation as well. Does it mean type of weapons? Does it refer to training? Does it mean the militia is regulated by a people's right to bear arms, to ensure a free state? It can be viewed many different ways, instead of being just black and white. I believe the way the 2nd Amendment was written there is no restriction on gun ownership. I'm also not in the NRA. However, there were not AK-47's and the like during the Civil War. Does the Amendment need to be modernized? I'm open to an intellectual debate about it for sure, as changing the Constitution needs to be done very carefully and not as a reactionary measure.

Of course it does.

Is Alex Jones doing that?

Is there any chance of doing that when so many people get outraged and start screaming about Hitler the second the subject comes up?

Blood in the water? You are being "attacked" by a single frenzied Methodist minister. It's OK to ignore people who you think are acting like a dick.

I'm not referring to ES. I don't think anybody here is acting like a dick. I think this is very civil, on the whole.

Jesus Christ.

And we aren't allowed to make fun of that?

Apparently not, because pointing out buffoonery is a personal attack....on second thought I'm going with what one of my seminary professors said regarding these types of issues; if you so resemble the cartoon then you aren't allowed to complain when someone laughs at the cartoon.

I just wanted to comment on some falsely attributed Thomas Jefferson quotes.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” — Jefferson’s Commonplace Book
This quote is from Cesare Beccaria's Essay on Crimes and Punishments, which was a book that Thomas Jefferson read and studied, but there is no evidence that he agreed with it or endorsed it.

http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/laws-forbid-carrying-armsquotation

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.” — Thomas Jefferson
This quote appears to have been made up by an anonymous libertarian author in 1986.

http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/democracy-will-cease-to-exist-quotation

http://www.amazon.com/Dreams-Come-Due-Government-Economics/dp/0671611593

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” — Thomas Jefferson
This quote appears to have been made up in 1993 by some guy who refers to himself as "Commander in Chief, Earth Project Transition, Pleiades Sector Flight Command, Intergalactic Federation Fleet—Ashtar Command; Earth Representative to the Cosmic Council and Intergalactic Federation Council on Earth Transition."

http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/strongest-reason-people-tokeep-and-bear-armsquotation

http://books.google.com/books?id=MJDJim0HdVcC&pg=PA121&dq=%22protect+themselves+against+tyranny+in+government%22&lr=#v=onepage&q=%22protect%20themselves%20against%20tyranny%20in%20government%22&f=false

http://www.phoenixsourcedistributors.com/html/faq.html

I'm not referring to ES. I don't think anybody here is acting like a dick. I think this is very civil, on the whole.

The same argument applies. You can find lunatics of any persuasion if you want to find something to rail against. The internet and polarized media makes it all too easy. The mainstream and the majority is in the middle.

Commander in Chief, Earth Project Transition, Pleiades Sector Flight Command, Intergalactic Federation Fleet—Ashtar Command; Earth Representative to the Cosmic Council and Intergalactic Federation Council on Earth Transition.

It's hard to dispute an authority figure like that.

I just wanted to comment on some falsely attributed Thomas Jefferson quotes.

:ols:

We love our Founding Fathers so much that we shall make them in our image and bow down and worship their wisdom, majesty and wonder!!

BTW, I'm not telling whether or not "wonder" in the above sentence is an adjective or a verb.

Of course it does.

Is Alex Jones doing that?

Is there any chance of doing that when so many people get outraged and start screaming about Hitler the second the subject comes up?

I assume you are referring to the need of the 2nd Amendment to be modernized? Is Alex Jones doing what? I didn't even know who he was prior to this thread. And again, not that I agree with all of it, but there is historical evidence to back up some people's fears of a government they don't fully trust unarming them. I personally think its a good thing that so many people get fired up about a change to the constitution. Thats how it should be. Changes to the Constitution should not be taking lightly. Intellectual debate is a neccesity instead of dismissing one side out of hand.

Now, these same sheeple are inundated by opportunistic politicians pushing bans on a constitutional right and they support it because "oh yea, that guy I voted for supports it, so do I". What did he support again? I don't know, I just know I voted for him.

Wow! Now that's future of our country!

Which politicians are pushing bans on a constitutional right? Are you suggesting that the 2nd amendment should be without any limitations and that it's your right to own whatever gun you choose?

I don't think a single person on here is advocating banning all guns. To paraphrase your own rant you seem to be "making your opinion on what's happening a fact."

The first quote is from his Commonplace Book, where he quoted a passage. The quote is not attributed to him in my post. The second one, people have recently challenged the validity of, but there is not evidence that he did not say it. It's one I grew up with. Maybe they are not exact, but they are things I believe in. So now that you have attempted to ridicule me, do you have anything intelligent to add?

So now that you have attempted to ridicule me, do you have anything intelligent to add?

I thought he was just trying to correct the source.

Besides, any time you support your argument with quotes from historical figures, you open yourself up to some zingers if the quotes aren't quite accurate. As an aside, I would hope that Monticello would be the final authority on all things TJ.

The same argument applies. You can find lunatics of any persuasion if you want to find something to rail against. The internet and polarized media makes it all too easy. The mainstream and the majority is in the middle.

Great post!

The first quote is from his Commonplace Book, where he quoted a passage. The quote is not attributed to him in my post. The second one, people have recently challenged the validity of, but there is not evidence that he did not say it. It's one I grew up with. Maybe they are not exact, but they are things I believe in. So now that you have attempted to ridicule me, do you have anything intelligent to add?
I'm not trying to ridicule you, but you shouldn't use false quotes. If you believe in something, just say that you believe in it. Don't try to claim that Thomas Jefferson said something that he did not.

There is no evidence that Thomas Jefferson ever said the second quote. It does not appear anywhere before 1986. If you grew up with it, that is probably because the quote was made up while you were young. It's fine that you believe in the principle. But don't try to falsely attach Thomas Jefferson's name to it.

Also, just to emphasize that I'm not picking on you specifically. Someone else used one of those quotes two years ago, and I called him on it then too: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?325250-quot-Gather-your-armies-quot-%28Update-Barber-fails-to-gather-an-army-loses-primary%29&p=7609424&viewfull=1#post7609424

Archived