Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN Video: guest Alex Jones Slams Piers Morgan

Zuck

I had never heard of this dude until a couple weeks ago when doing a side painting job and my buddy tuned in. I thought it had to be the onion, no one can be this extreme....

The commercials during his show are the best...efoodsdirect.com don't stand in a ration line trading your freedom for food!

Info wars.net

I became aware of him around '08, when he made a "Documentary" called "The Obama Deception." Basically he's one of the main guys pushing the "New World Order/Martial Law/Police State" conspiracy theories, in which the government seeks to sytematically take away the rights of US citizens, ultimately leading to the enslavement of all humanity. Taking away firearms has always been one of his main talking points in regards to the evil governments plans.

I wasn't trying to look, but I have been expecting him to make his voice heard loud enough on the ongoing gun control discussion. He's the type of person who would say that the government would perpetrate incidents like Aurora and Sandyhook, to gain a groundswell of support in passing laws to ban firearms.

The NWO theories are extremely fascinating to me. What, exactly, is the endgame?

And why does he freely reference government statistics in support of his arguments against gun control? I thought the government is not to be trusted?

Here's another gem reflecting the mentality of more than a few of those who are pro-gun.

8363587884_990e988631.jpg

BTW, you have no idea how hard it is to write something about this pic and the thinking that endorses it on the context of this issue without being extremely negative. This from the same people who claim patriotism and nationalism, yet spend their waking hours in fear that America is secretly Nazi Germany.

The NWO theories are extremely fascinating to me. What, exactly, is the endgame?

Supposedly, only a third of the Earths population left, and everyone else dead, or rounded up into Fema concentration camps and soon to be dead. Something like that.

And why does he freely reference government statistics in support of his arguments against gun control? I thought the government is not to be trusted

Only when it fits in with his agenda. I remember him bashing Bush and Obama, saying they're "All the same" back in '10, but I'm pretty sure his website had ads endorsing Ron Paul for president.

---------- Post added January-8th-2013 at 10:23 PM ----------

Supposedly, only a third of the Earths population left, and everyone else dead, or rounded up into Fema concentration camps and soon to be dead. Something like that.

Yah, but why? :ols: golf getting boring for the elite?

I've seen a lot of mention of Alex Jones and his conspiracy theories the past few years, at least since the Green Revolution in Iran. (he has some pretty weird international ideas too)

Never really watched him or heard him though, but I just thought I'd look him up on youtube.

First thing I saw was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xog5FoODC4s

:ols:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZBC3fdCCW0

---------- Post added January-8th-2013 at 10:23 PM ----------

Yah, but why? :ols: golf getting boring for the elite?

I guess poisoning the air/ water supply, controlling the weather, kidanapping our children, and taking our AK-47's would probably get boring after awhile, and we cease to function at peak performance as a plaything, at which point they'll decide they've had enough fun, and throw us all in a pit of fire.

Never really watched him or heard him though, but I just thought I'd look him up on youtube.

<youtube video>

Wow. That dude needs to chill out a minute, going to have a heart attack before he gets a chance to die in the revolution...

I don't know whether to laugh at him or sigh about the fact enough people pay attention to him that he managed to get on CNN for a few minutes and make a fool of himself.

Wow. That dude needs to chill out a minute, going to have a heart attack before he gets a chance to die in the revolution...

I don't know whether to laugh at him or sigh about the fact enough people pay attention to him that he managed to get on CNN for a few minutes and make a fool of himself.

You'd be surprised at how many people actually believe in what he's saying.

Here's another gem reflecting the mentality of more than a few of those who are pro-gun....

I could pick more than a few people to make any segment of society look ridiculous. All you are doing is a glorified version of name calling.

The quote on that image has been said in one version or another by many of our country's founding fathers. Just because somebody does not want to be unarmed by a govt. he/she does not fully trust does not mean they should be the object of ridicule. They have their beliefs. You have yours. Why can you not debate the issue without resorting to personal attacks? You know, the ol pro/con game? This of course does not apply to extremist nutcases(read: Alex Jones. And there are always several Alex Jones's on every side of every argument).

I feel safer with my two handuns I keep at my house. I hope and pray every night that I never have to use them. I believe people should be able to defend themselves. Am I a gun control fanatic? A redneck? Uneducated and worthy or ridicule?

I could pick more than a few people to make any segment of society look ridiculous. All you are doing is a glorified version of name calling.

It is not name calling to point out the fear mongering and logical fallacies involved in the invocation of Godwin's Law in order to present gun banning groups a Nazis, it is simply the most profoundly intellectually lazy and dishonest nonsense out there. You call it name calling to point out absurdity I call it pointing out absurdity and fallacy.

I've seen a lot of mention of Alex Jones and his conspiracy theories the past few years, at least since the Green Revolution in Iran. (he has some pretty weird international ideas too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xog5FoODC4s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZBC3fdCCW0

Wow. I knew he was nuts but that's so over the top that its mesmerizing.

It is not name calling to point out the fear mongering and logical fallacies involved in the invocation of Godwin's Law in order to present gun banning groups a Nazis, it is simply the most profoundly intellectually lazy and dishonest nonsense out there. You call it name calling to point out absurdity I call it pointing out absurdity and fallacy.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” — Jefferson’s Commonplace Book

...to disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them…” — George Mason

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.” — Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” — Thomas Jefferson

There is a direct correlation between the concerns of people unwilling to be disarmed by their government and the actions of previous tyrants. Your "Godwins Law" is not applicable here, because the argument starts out with a correlation. It doesn't end up there. You may call it absurd. Many people believe it's not. Not because they're idiots, but they believe they see correlations and consistencies with events in history. They have quotes and beliefs from our founding fathers to assist their beliefs. You have a "law" created over the internet. Who is right? I'm not smart enough to know. But I know what I believe. I know what I believe is not "absurd" nor a "fallacy". I also know that I can have a conversation with somebody with a dissenting opinion without throwing words out to make myself seem smarter and to belittle them.

There is a direct correlation between the concerns of people unwilling to be disarmed by their government and the actions of previous tyrants. Your "Godwins Law" is not applicable here, because the argument starts out with a correlation.

Please! You were able to quote three founding fathers who shared similar points of view....my objection is to the fact that many pro-gun folks pull a Glenn Beck and go straight to Hitler! It is the logical fallacy of slippery slope and is fear mongering at its worst.

It doesn't end up there. You may call it absurd. Many people believe it's not. Not because they're idiots, but they believe they see correlations and consistencies with events in history. They have quotes and beliefs from our founding fathers to assist their beliefs. You have a "law" created over the internet. Who is right? I'm not smart enough to know. But I know what I believe. I know what I believe is not "absurd" nor a "fallacy". I also know that I can have a conversation with somebody with a dissenting opinion without throwing words out to make myself seem smarter and to belittle them.

Saying something is a logical fallacy is NOT belittling to someone unless they take opposition to their position personally, which you have done twice now. If you've posted something like the pic above recently then I believe you're not only acting irresponsibly, but also engaging in intellectual laziness. For that I'll not apologize, and I told my friend who posted that stupid picture the same thing.

Piers Morgan has been insufferable the last few weeks as he has been on a soapbox for gun control

His debates are basically him yelling at people to answer questions

I am not an Alex Jones fan but he dominated Piers that night. Piers couldn't get a word in :ols:

Listen, I have no say in this. I just like entertainment. And that was entertaining.

I am not an Alex Jones fan but he dominated Piers that night. Piers couldn't get a word in :ols:

Some of us evaluate domination in a debate or discussion by who has the stronger argument on the merits, Alex Jones screaming about reliving his disgusting dream of an armed revolution to protect guns doesn't come close. In that respect all Piers had to do was not say anything and he's have dominated the fool Jones.

I can imagine him as an insufferable family member or neighbor that you're forced to see every so often. Yikes!

Archived