Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Pro Bowl Selections: Alexander, Griffin III, Williams, Fletcher, Kerrigan

Murphs56

Gratz to the 3 pro bowlers and the 2 alts. Overall seems fair to me, I figure one can always argue for or against someone, as every fan does of every team. I will say Jeff S. making it is quite the joke.

On a side note, It is great to see Shanny draft picks starting to make probowls including 2 of his 3 first rd picks. Contrary to what some think, he can draft talent after all.

This just adds to the banner year that RGIII is having -- and there's still more work to do yet! I am very happy for Alexander, truly a core guy. But I am most happy for Trent Williams. I mean, really happy!! The guy not only proved it on the field, but he grew as a teammate & a person. #71 earned it, and I am so glad to see that the fans, his peers, and the writers credited a job well done. The Skins have quite the tradition at Left Tackle, and he's due to be the next great one. Hail.

Both Los and LaRon weren't going to play up to their potential here. LaRon probably never will, but in Los' case, it just wasn't meant to be. I wish things had gone differently, but I'm not going to hold a grudge against the organization for that, even though they haven't found adequate replacements. Guys have to want to play here. They didn't.

Both Los and LaRon weren't going to play up to their potential here. LaRon probably never will, but in Los' case, it just wasn't meant to be. I wish things had gone differently, but I'm not going to hold a grudge against the organization for that, even though they haven't found adequate replacements. Guys have to want to play here. They didn't.

Not to minimize your good point, but they probably would've this year.

ppl don't understand that sometimes players DESPERATELY need a change of scenery. LaRon and Carlos couldn't stand being here anymore so I doubt they would have felt compelled to lay it on the line every Sunday and play anywhere close to Pro Bowl caliber

I know the pro bowl is a joke, everyone knows this. But it is nice to see your favorite players get recognition for what they have done.

I am disappointed that Alfred Morris is just an alternate, I think he has the perceived Shanahan system RB stigma on him and he also lives in RG3 shadow which really isn't fair. Also, I don't see how Fletcher only gets an alternate considering the guy has a staggering 5 interceptions, a sack, and 128 tackles at like age 38.

Also, Saturday getting in over Montgomery is just depressing. I wish the pro bowl went through some reform to stop these obvious name recognition snubs. I am glad Lorenzo got in because God knows he has deserved this for so long, he is a great player and a great Redskin.

I think we deserved more than 3 players...

Lorenzo Alexander. Remember in overtime vs Ravens when Flacco was scrambling on 3rd down, and we all immediately thought of what's his face from Carolina running through DHall for a crucial 1st down. How glad were you that Zo was in at linebacker, and there to bring him down. Pretty sure he made another big play that game too.

When he touches you, you're down, it might as well be flag football, it's Fletcher-like sure-tackling. He is just freaking always the guy that ends the kick/punt return, and it's usually a big ass hit. I have a lot of respect for that whole return game because I don't even really understand the deep schematics of it, but out of everyone on the field, every time, it's Zo. It's crazy.

I liked him when he was in at LB, I want to go back and look at more of it now, but hell, he was good. Then Jackson and Riley looking good, with everyone healthy, our LB depth is ridiculous.

Call me a homer or whatever, Gore getting in over Morris is a joke.

Can't go homer on that one. Unlike LB, I think Running Backs are a bit easier to look at in terms of pure stats based on the nature of that position and how the process for gaining those stats work for them. Even taking receiving yards into account (and you have to do that for a RB just as much as you have to take RG3's running yards into account for arguments with him), Gore still has less total yards than Alf and less TD's as well. While Gore has done what he's done on less carries, they're .1 yard apart in terms of YPC so it's not like it's because he's just getting less of the workload than Alf. The 100 yard game numbers support Alf too. The only thing he's clearly better on is that he's only lost one fumble compared to three for Alf.

When it comes to Morris, he's got the clearest more reasonable argument of being snubbed for any person on the Redskins team. Unlike some of the other names that have been stated, he's been consistently solid the entire year rather than simply coming on strong late, and he's been putting up great numbers.

---------- Post added December-26th-2012 at 11:43 PM ----------

ppl don't understand that sometimes players DESPERATELY need a change of scenery. LaRon and Carlos couldn't stand being here anymore so I doubt they would have felt compelled to lay it on the line every Sunday and play anywhere close to Pro Bowl caliber

Not to mention, in Los's case, didn't he basically continually turn down or shun our staff suggesting he gets contacts/lasik but when he signed with 49ers, it being a short term deal where he needed to prove himself, he basically HAD to get it done? And "shockingly", after doing that he ends up actually being able to catch balls which was the only real knock against him.

We always stated he was a good to great COVER corner...but you don't pay pure cover corners the same money as a "shut down" guy who won't just cover but will take the ball away and make it so the other team doesn't WANT to throw their direction

---------- Post added December-26th-2012 at 11:51 PM ----------

I am disappointed that Alfred Morris is just an alternate, I think he has the perceived Shanahan system RB stigma on him and he also lives in RG3 shadow which really isn't fair. Also, I don't see how Fletcher only gets an alternate considering the guy has a staggering 5 interceptions, a sack, and 128 tackles at like age 38.

Part of it for Fletcher is likely similar to what so many of us Skins fans have been saying in terms of Russell Wilson and the MVP....a late hot streak is great, but doesn't change the rest of the season. Not sure when ballots go out to Players and Coaches (I know they turn them in at the end, but not sure when they GET them), but I'm pretty sure the Fan voting started up before Fletcher had his hot streak of three interceptions the past 3 weeks. And despite Fletcher's injury, there's been a lot less instances...just from reading the game day threads...of Redskin fans even pointing out missed tackles on his part, something that happened a few times early on in the season in very, very atypical Fletcher fashion.

It's AMAZING what he's been doing, especially this late in the season as it seems he's gotten BETTER as the year's gone on...and for a man his age in this sport, that's an incredible feat. But it's a recent feat compressed into a few weeks of play and that's likely what's hurt him a bit compared to the two Niner's LB's.

Early on in the season you had Skins fans on here even commenting that London wasn't looking like he was actually worthy of a Pro Bowl nod this year as some lamented if he had lost a step and if we'd see him back next year even if he wanted to keep playing. It's a testament to how great the man's second half of the season has been that he's the #1 alternate

Well in 2010, LaRon did play Pro Bowl caliber football.

In 2012, he has not. At one point he was ranked 72 out of 76 at strong safety according to Pro Football Focus. He's still typical, "tough guy", big-hits-and-no-wits LaRon, only now he's in New York where tough guys will talk about how awesome he is because he occasionally lays lumber and Rex Ryan tends to coddle his players.

Well in 2010, LaRon did play Pro Bowl caliber football.

In 2012, he has not. At one point he was ranked 72 out of 76 at strong safety according to Pro Football Focus. He's still typical, "tough guy", big-hits-and-no-wits LaRon, only now he's in New York where tough guys will talk about how awesome he is because he occasionally lays lumber and Rex Ryan tends to coddle his players.

true but if I am not mistaken, his real issues with the team began after the 2010 season

Archived