Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Pro Bowl Selections: Alexander, Griffin III, Williams, Fletcher, Kerrigan

Murphs56

Wow Gore over Morris is a big one.

Montgomery hasn't been super amazing IMO though, but Saturday getting in is a joke.

Congrats to Trent, RG3 and Lorenzo. All deserving.

Fletcher gets left out again of course... although I don't know if he deserves it this year since he hasn't been as good as previous years.

Yesh, i have a problem with Gore over Morris. Do the research. Morris has 3 more TDs and nearly 300 more yards rushing. Pro bowl is still a popularity contest, which is a joke. I have always felt that the pro bowl should be based on actual statistics, not name recognition.

I'm ok with the redskin players selected. It's extremely hard for a rookie to get nominated. And we all KNOW that there are a couple more players that are very likely pro bowl worthy if given a full season of playing time (Kai, Garcon) I'll bet morris got the slight snub due to the rookie factor, as well as the RG3 factor (i.e. he only did good because of RG3)

Now way Gore (1100 yds) should've been selected over Morris (1400 yds). That one really gets me because SF plays in such a pansy league.

I agree with this.. plus Seattle absolutely shut him down in the last game.

Gore is a better receiver, but it looks to me like he got it more on reputation this season.. (if the interwebs are correct) Morris has 6 100 yard games this season and 10 TD's vs. only 3 100 yard games and 7 TD's for Gore.

Yesh, i have a problem with Gore over Morris. Do the research. Morris has 3 more TDs and nearly 300 more yards rushing. Pro bowl is still a popularity contest, which is a joke. I have always felt that the pro bowl should be based on actual statistics, not name recognition.

Good thing RG3 is popular. ;)

-Drew Brees

Fletcher gets left out again of course... although I don't know if he deserves it this year since he hasn't been as good as previous years.

I wondered the same and had to look it up.

Fletcher 128 tackles 1 sack 5 Ints

Willis 116 tackles .5 sacks 2 Ints

Bowman 144 tackles 2 sacks 1 Int

And for kicks...

Perry RIley 119 tackles 3.5 sacks 0 Ints

So, as it has always been, its a popularity contest...

Being a "Shanahan RB" also hurts Morris. The media and some (Redskins) fans don't always give enough credit to the guys that run in Shanahan's system. They are taken for granted. Morris is a great guy and talent who should have made it.

Being a "Shanahan RB" also hurts Morris. The media and some (Redskins) fans don't always give enough credit to the guys that run in Shanahan's system. They are taken for granted. Morris is a great guy and talent who should have made it.

You nailed the excuse about Morris, that's exactly what the butthead said on NFL network. However, he did say Gore was a curious pick.

It's tough because we are all happy RG III, Trent and Lorenzo made the Pro Bowl but the Pro Bowl in itself is a complete farce so how great is it???

It can easily be said that Alfred, Will Montgomery, Kai, London could have made the roster.

But all that anyone needs to know about the Pro Bowl is that JEFF SATURDAY made it ---

For those who don't follow the Packers, Jeff Saturday is the worst member of an overall terrible offensive line. The Packers don't have a good running game and Rodgers is usually running for his life or getting sacked.

Jeff Saturday was SO BAD that he got benched this past week for poor play.

Any credibility the Pro Bowl had is completely gone when a player such as Jeff Saturday makes it...

Griffin III is the first rookie quarterback selected to the Pro Bowl in Redskins history. Prior to 2012, only six rookie quarterbacks in NFL history had been named to the Pro Bowl. He is the first offensive rookie for the Redskins to be selected to the Pro Bowl since running back Larry Brown in 1969. Griffin III is the first Redskin quarterback of any experience level to earn a Pro Bowl selection since Brad Johnson following the 1999 season. His selection is the 21st by a Redskins quarterback, joining Johnson, Gus Frerotte (1996), Mark Rypien (1989, 91), Jay Schroeder (1986), Joe Theismann (1982-83), Billy Kilmer (1972), Sonny Jurgensen (1964, 66-67, 69), Norm Snead (1963), Eddie LeBaron (1955, 57-58), Al Dorow (1956), Harry Gilmer (1950, 52) and Sammy Baugh (1951).

It occurs to me that today's selection also ends the longest drought the franchise has ever had in a Redskins QB not making a pro bowl - twelve seasons.

Archived